GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
5 registered members (MeyerLansky, mobcleve, RushStreet, Ben54, m2w), 854 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 69,108
DE NIRO 44,955
J Geoff 31,302
Hollander 26,558
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,613
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,846
Posts1,070,554
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80257
11/16/04 11:47 PM
11/16/04 11:47 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
Quote:
Originally posted by Anthony Lombardi:
[quote]Originally posted by Irishman12:
[b] I heard a story about this on like CNN or something last week or the week before. It was pretty interesting. My favorite headline since the election was from England where they had a picture of Bush with the words "How could 59 million people be so DUMB?"

My feelings exactly! :rolleyes:
So, let me get this straight...

It's wrong for conservatives to bash liberal's opinions, or make jokes about Michael Moore's weight, and we're constantly hearing that we're "immature" for our "childish insults"...

Yet it's perfectly fine for liberals to call conversatives "idiots" and "dumb" for a difference in political opinions?

Something about that just SCREAMS "I'm a hypocrite." [/b][/quote]The magazine was from England. NOT America. There's a big difference. It's not the same as Time putting it on their cover. A conservative American who hasn't seen any Moore movies or read one of his books, can't judge his movies, nor his physical appearance (which doesn't really matter anyway). Hell, look at the link Baggins posted. Watch Hannity make fun of every liberal he talks to. The only person in the Democratic party he likes is Zell Miller, who is a traitor to his party. -Pat

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80258
11/16/04 11:56 PM
11/16/04 11:56 PM
east coast
Anthony Lombardi Offline
Anthony Lombardi  Offline

east coast
No, it's NOT different. Even Ferro had it in his signature, calling Bush-supporters "idiots." He's, basically, calling me an idiot for my political beliefs. And I've seen several other posters/posts either agreeing or repeating it. Yet, I recall when Double J called you, Pat, an idiot in a different thread, you busted out the redundant and condescending "VERY MATURE" retort. There's no difference. It's hypocrisy in all it's blatant glory.

the power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. george bernard shaw
Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80259
11/17/04 12:01 AM
11/17/04 12:01 AM
Signore Sole Aumentante Offline
Capo
Signore Sole Aumentante  Offline
Capo
Quote:
A conservative American who hasn't seen any Moore movies or read one of his books, can't judge his movies, nor his physical appearance (which doesn't really matter anyway).
I'm a conservative American who has seen Moor'es films, read his book. I can judge his movies because I saw them and they are flat out full of lies. I want to hear you, Patrick, say that Fahrenheit 9/11 was an honest film.

"Today I settled all family business, so don't tell me you're innocent, Carlo-" Michael Corleone

"I punks ed i gruppi ed i rappers moderni hanno avuti timore migliore il sole aumentante di questa cosa di il nostro."
Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80260
11/17/04 12:03 AM
11/17/04 12:03 AM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
Quote:
No, it's NOT different. Even Ferro had it in his signature, calling Bush-supporters "idiots." He's, basically, calling me an idiot for my political beliefs. And I've seen several other posters/posts either agreeing or repeating it. Yet, I recall when Double J called you, Pat, an idiot in a different thread, you busted out the redundant and condescending "VERY MATURE" retort. There's no difference. It's hypocrisy in all it's blatant glory.
DJ called me an idiot in the middle of a debate in which I was respecting him. I could understand if I said something to offend him, but I didn't. He simply didn't agree with my statement and called me an idiot. Also, I wasn't talking about Ferro's sig. I don't see anything in his sig calling Bush supporters idiots. All he has is the headline from the magazine in ENGLAND. I was talking about Irishman's post. Yes, it DOES matter that the magazine is in England. Citizens of England aren't Americans. It's not the same. That's why I rarely speak of Tony Blair, save for his foreign policies. Let's say that the majority of people in America didn't like Blair. People in England voted Blair in. Time magazine (US) said on its' cover "How can etc etc?" it's not the same. -Pat

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80261
11/17/04 12:05 AM
11/17/04 12:05 AM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
Quote:
Originally posted by Signore Sole Aumentante:
[quote] A conservative American who hasn't seen any Moore movies or read one of his books, can't judge his movies, nor his physical appearance (which doesn't really matter anyway).
I'm a conservative American who has seen Moor'es films, read his book. I can judge his movies because I saw them and they are flat out full of lies. I want to hear you, Patrick, say that Fahrenheit 9/11 was an honest film. [/quote]That's great. I never said you didn't. Some of Fahrenheit 9/11 is honest, which I have said since day 1. -Pat

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80262
11/17/04 12:11 AM
11/17/04 12:11 AM
east coast
Anthony Lombardi Offline

east coast
It doesn't matter when, where or why someone calls you an idiot -- if it's directed at someone for a political belief, or a difference in any type of opinion (unless you're being so overly blatant and you can't back up your opinion with anything, logical or not, but that's an exception that doesn't apply here), then it's immature and holds no place where people are debating in a serious form.

And, I was citing Ferro's signature as an example of liberals calling conversatives "idiots" for their opinion. I never said you mentioned it. I was backing up my statement.

And, I wasn't referring to the magazine, which is where you're terribly wrong, I was referring to Irishman's redundant "my thoughts exactly" comment, where he agrees Bush supports are "dumb." And what did I say earlier, class?

And I've seen several other posters/posts either agreeing or repeating it.

the power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. george bernard shaw
Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80263
11/17/04 12:33 AM
11/17/04 12:33 AM
Los Angeles
Letizia B. Offline
Underboss
Letizia B.  Offline
Underboss
Los Angeles
Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
What I find interesting is this was started by a young UCLA student (one of Zia's friends no doubt :p )

web page
It says it was a USC student. I wash my hands of this!! Sure, my school has its (many) liberal moments, but at least we had nothing to do with this one!!

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80264
11/17/04 12:36 AM
11/17/04 12:36 AM
Folsom Prison
DonFerro55 Offline
Underboss
DonFerro55  Offline
Underboss
Folsom Prison
I still stand by the quote in my profile. I will continue to do so until Bush is gone. I will never agree with him and I think the people who do agree with him do not have the priorities of our country and the welfare of the world and protecting our civil liberites, in mind. Hence, I think they are dumb for being so selfish and irresponsible. Period. I don't think I should have to explain this any more. So please don't comment on it, thanks.

Doctor Ferro

And you liar, teller of tall tales: you trample all the Lord's commandments underfoot, you murder, steal, commit adultery, and afterward break into tears, beat your breast, take down your guitar and turn sin into a song. Shrewd devil, you know very well that God pardons singers no matter what they do, because he can simply die for a song.
Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80265
11/17/04 12:41 AM
11/17/04 12:41 AM
east coast
Anthony Lombardi Offline

east coast
And, either way, you're still calling me "dumb" for my opinion. And it's still ignorant. :rolleyes:

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80266
11/17/04 12:44 AM
11/17/04 12:44 AM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
Quote:
Originally posted by DonFerro55:
I still stand by the quote in my profile. I will continue to do so until Bush is gone. I will never agree with him and I think the people who do agree with him do not have the priorities of our country and the welfare of the world and protecting our civil liberites, in mind. Hence, I think they are dumb for being so selfish and irresponsible. Period. I don't think I should have to explain this any more. So please don't comment on it, thanks.

Doctor Ferro
Amen brother!

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80267
11/17/04 12:46 AM
11/17/04 12:46 AM
Folsom Prison
DonFerro55 Offline
Underboss
DonFerro55  Offline
Underboss
Folsom Prison
Quote:
And, either way, you're still calling me "dumb" for my opinion. And it's still ignorant. :rolleyes:
I see what you mean, don't think that I don't see it. But those are my true feelings. I'm sorry if it offends you. As it rightfully should, I'm sure you think the same about me. It's where we differ and what makes us human. I'm not going to lie and say Bush-Supporters arn't dumb. That's not how I feel, I feel they are, for all the reasons I stated above and have stated before.

Doc

And you liar, teller of tall tales: you trample all the Lord's commandments underfoot, you murder, steal, commit adultery, and afterward break into tears, beat your breast, take down your guitar and turn sin into a song. Shrewd devil, you know very well that God pardons singers no matter what they do, because he can simply die for a song.
Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80268
11/17/04 12:47 AM
11/17/04 12:47 AM
DonMichaelCorleone Offline
DonMichaelCorleone  Offline

Does this guy count to?

"You gave your word, I never gave mine"
http://s2.gladiatus.us/game/c.php?uid=88380
Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80269
11/17/04 12:48 AM
11/17/04 12:48 AM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
I wouldn't say they're all dumb, but most people vote with no knowledge of anything. That goes for both sides. I honestly think we should bring back a reading test to vote or possibly a mini quiz on where canidates stand on issues, before people can vote. I think it would make it a lot more fair. -Pat

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80270
11/17/04 12:51 AM
11/17/04 12:51 AM
east coast
Anthony Lombardi Offline

east coast
Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Anthony Lombardi:
[b] And, either way, you're still calling me "dumb" for my opinion. And it's still ignorant. :rolleyes:
I see what you mean, don't think that I don't see it. But those are my true feelings. I'm sorry if it offends you. As it rightfully should, I'm sure you think the same about me. It's where we differ and what makes us human. I'm not going to lie and say Bush-Supporters arn't dumb. That's not how I feel, I feel they are, for all the reasons I stated above and have stated before.

Doc [/b][/quote]And the fact that I keep quiet and don't immaturely insult you by slinging names at you, while you blatantly call me "dumb," shows that you're ignorant and I'm not.

kthxbye

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80271
11/17/04 01:06 AM
11/17/04 01:06 AM
Folsom Prison
DonFerro55 Offline
Underboss
DonFerro55  Offline
Underboss
Folsom Prison
But by saying that John Kerry was a bad choice and that he was foolhearty, or whatever you are implying by your quotes in your profile, does that mean that you are not saying Kerry supporters are also dumb, but, obviously, in a more subtle way? I just out and said I'm not happy with the people who voted for him. The difference is not extremely blatant.

Whether that's ignorant or a statement of an opinion is what you must be driving at and I say it's a statement of my opinion. My thoughts and feelings are based on evidence I feel proves my statement. So, hence, it's not ignorant, but clearly, just a statement of belief.

Doc

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80272
11/17/04 01:19 AM
11/17/04 01:19 AM
Signore Sole Aumentante Offline
Capo
Signore Sole Aumentante  Offline
Capo
I voted for Bush. Am I dumb? If so, how? Are you more informed than I? Do I not have my nation's priorities in mind?

Which priorities are those?

I think Kerry voters are perfectly welcome to their opinion and aren't dumb at all. It's people that say "Bush-supporters are dumb" that are the true idiots. What's dumb about someone going and voting in a democracy for the man which they think is the better candidate? How do Kerry supporters have the priorities straight, how are they more informed? And informed about what? I'll debate anyone over facts. Over the truth. If I think the facts show Bush as the better man, then am I dumb? Am I irresponsible? Civil liberties? Because I don't think gays should be able to marry, I'm dumb or wrong?

I won't lie and say I think Kerry supporters are dumb. It's your opinion, and I'll debate the facts with you. I think it's selfish and ignorant when someone says the other guy's supporters are dumb.

"Today I settled all family business, so don't tell me you're innocent, Carlo-" Michael Corleone

"I punks ed i gruppi ed i rappers moderni hanno avuti timore migliore il sole aumentante di questa cosa di il nostro."
Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80273
11/17/04 01:25 AM
11/17/04 01:25 AM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
In other words, "We can't get away with anymore 'Bush's dumb!' jokes, so let's call the voters idiots."
Anthony, as Patrick already stated, it was a cover in England. I never made it up. But as for Don Vercetti and this reply all I have to say is, hey if the shoe fits.

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80274
11/17/04 01:34 AM
11/17/04 01:34 AM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Quote:
I still stand by the quote in my profile. I will continue to do so until Bush is gone. I will never agree with him and I think the people who do agree with him do not have the priorities of our country and the welfare of the world and protecting our civil liberites, in mind. Hence, I think they are dumb for being so selfish and irresponsible. Period.
EXACTLY! We as a country are only thinking about ourselves. Unfortunately that is only human nature so I can understand that. Just tell that to those poor men & women who are overseas right now loosing their lives, and to the families who are loosing loved ones. It's all about looking out for number 1 I guess. The rich wanna keep getting richer while the poor just keep getting poorer. The infamous words from Austin Powers ring out, "It's a vicious cycle!"

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80275
11/17/04 01:47 AM
11/17/04 01:47 AM
The House Of Blue Leaves
Nice Guy Eddie Offline
Underboss
Nice Guy Eddie  Offline
Underboss
The House Of Blue Leaves
That site is unbelievable! In almost every single one of those signs those morons are saying they are sorry to the rest of the world. :rolleyes: Someone please explain why the hell liberals care what the rest of the world thinks? America comes first and for that matter second, third fourth and so on. BTW why is it that these people look like such freaks? It really does go a long way in supporting my Star Wars cantina theroy.

This old bag looks like she just ate bad cottage cheese:

I think the poster above this freaks left shoulder says it all:

This speaks for it's self:

I want to step on her face while wearing golf shoes:

My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys.

Get Hannitized

I support racial profiling.
Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80276
11/17/04 01:49 AM
11/17/04 01:49 AM
DonMichaelCorleone Offline
DonMichaelCorleone  Offline

NGE what about the picture I posted? what do you think of it

"You gave your word, I never gave mine"
http://s2.gladiatus.us/game/c.php?uid=88380
Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80277
11/17/04 01:59 AM
11/17/04 01:59 AM
The House Of Blue Leaves
Nice Guy Eddie Offline
Underboss
Nice Guy Eddie  Offline
Underboss
The House Of Blue Leaves

Please, I promise I wont try to stop you.

A clown with a Kerry badge? How appropriate:

Yes you are.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Get Hannitized

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80278
11/17/04 02:00 AM
11/17/04 02:00 AM
The House Of Blue Leaves
Nice Guy Eddie Offline
Underboss
Nice Guy Eddie  Offline
Underboss
The House Of Blue Leaves
Quote:
Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
NGE what about the picture I posted? what do you think of it

Get Hannitized

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80279
11/17/04 02:30 AM
11/17/04 02:30 AM
The House Of Blue Leaves
Nice Guy Eddie Offline
Underboss
Nice Guy Eddie  Offline
Underboss
The House Of Blue Leaves
Quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:
I wouldn't say they're all dumb, but most people vote with no knowledge of anything. That goes for both sides. I honestly think we should bring back a reading test to vote or possibly a mini quiz on where canidates stand on issues, before people can vote. I think it would make it a lot more fair. -Pat
I completely agree with Pat, just being 18 and breathing is not enough.

Get Hannitized

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80280
11/17/04 08:13 AM
11/17/04 08:13 AM
The Bright Side Of The Road
S
Senza Mama Offline
Underboss
Senza Mama  Offline
S
Underboss
The Bright Side Of The Road
The headline referred to (How can 59 mill be so dumb?) came from the Daily Mirror, a tabloid newspaper with the second biggest circulation in the UK. It has traditionally supported the British Labour Party although it has fallen out with Tony Blair in the last couple of years. It has taken an anti-war stance. Its former editor Piers Morgan was forced to resign earlier this year for publishing faked photographs of British soldiers mistreating Iraqi prisoners (though there was no suggestion that the paper was involved in the faking process).

Here's a link...click and scroll down to Thurs Nov 4th

http://www.mirror.co.uk/frontpages/

Tom: "They shot Sonny on the causeway...he's dead."
Michael: "Turnbull is a good man"
Shane MacGowan: "It was Christmas Eve babe, in the drunk tank"
Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80281
11/17/04 06:56 PM
11/17/04 06:56 PM
Some anonymous motel room.
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Some anonymous motel room.
Quote:
Originally posted by Irishman12:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
[b] In other words, "We can't get away with anymore 'Bush's dumb!' jokes, so let's call the voters idiots."
Anthony, as Patrick already stated, it was a cover in England. I never made it up. But as for Don Vercetti and this reply all I have to say is, hey if the shoe fits. [/b][/quote]Fits what? Me? Sorry, several sizes off.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80282
11/17/04 07:10 PM
11/17/04 07:10 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
DJ called me an idiot in the middle of a debate in which I was respecting him. I could understand if I said something to offend him, but I didn't. He simply didn't agree with my statement and called me an idiot.
Hmm...I like Lombo's analysis.

As far as me calling you an idiot...it was a lapse of judgement on my part. There's actually a slew of other explatives that would far better describe your stance on the issues, but I'll refrain.

I called you an idiot simply because it's painstakingly clear you didn't bother to read my post explaining my stance on the Iraq War, and the Middle East in general.

I actually apologize for calling you an idiot, however. It was a critical error, stooping down to that level.

That clearly does not excuse the simple fact that you didn't bother to read what I wrote, and continue to blindly chant "IRAQ WRONG...SUDAN GOOD..." etc, etc.

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80283
11/17/04 07:14 PM
11/17/04 07:14 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
I didn't 'chant' anything. I gave my opinion.

"Dear US, Apologies Accepted" -The rest of the world

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80284
11/17/04 07:19 PM
11/17/04 07:19 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
I didn't 'chant' anything. I gave my opinion.

And you read my post like Michael Moore uses facts. :rolleyes:

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80285
11/17/04 07:28 PM
11/17/04 07:28 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:
[quote]Originally posted by Patrick:
[b] I didn't 'chant' anything. I gave my opinion.

And you read my post like Michael Moore uses facts. :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]A good example of, once again, a conservative trying to take a shot at Moore where he wasn't mentioned once in the whole thread. Which books of his have you read? Which movies of his have you seen? Oh, wait, you haven't seen any. [x] -Pat

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80286
11/17/04 07:33 PM
11/17/04 07:33 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Uh-oh.

It must be pretty hard using Michael Moore as you're only defense. It's pretty much a telltale sign that you aren't bothering to acknowledge the issue. But that's okay.

We are simply graced by your presence.

BTW...how many of my posts have you bothered to read before shooting your mouth off?

I suspect it's probably the same number of Michael Moore products I've read/viewed.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull