GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Ben54, 1 invisible), 342 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,983
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,881
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,555
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,545
Posts1,062,852
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80287
11/17/04 07:37 PM
11/17/04 07:37 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Originally posted by Nice Guy Eddie:

I think the poster above this freaks left shoulder says it all:

Wow.

And you people call Bush voters "stupid?"

BTW, isn't that an insult?

Heck, I mean, if Billy Bob here can vote...we should definitely let Pat and his friends in.

---

Offtopic: A poll quiz, reading test?

We might as well just have another black code voting test, Pat.

And I thought you were a liberal.

Trying to restrict someones rights to vote, when you claim to want to vote?

Tsk, tsk.

Hypocrisy is rampant! Duck for cover!

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80288
11/17/04 07:38 PM
11/17/04 07:38 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
Quote:
It must be pretty hard using Michael Moore as you're only defense.
'You're?' I hope you mean 'your.' Considering your post was one sentence and talked about him, ofcourse I'm going to say something. Slow day, DJ?

Quote:
Guess it is a slow day.

Quote:
BTW...how many of my posts have you bothered to read before shooting your mouth off?
I don't think anyone on here is shooting their mouth off. It's pretty hard to do over the computer.

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80289
11/17/04 07:43 PM
11/17/04 07:43 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
Quote:
And you people call Bush voters "stupid?"
I thought Lombardi was pretty clear when he said he was referring to Ferro and Irishman, not me.

Quote:
BTW, isn't that an insult?
I haven't said it, so I'm not going to comment on it.

Quote:
Heck, I mean, if Billy Bob here can vote...we should definitely let Pat and his friends in.
Well, I do drive the biggest killer on earth: an automobile. I can listen to these 'horrible and explicit lyrics that are endangering my future,' but I can't vote. Something isn't right.

Quote:
Offtopic: A poll quiz, reading test?
That's right. Sound it out.

Quote:
That's rather racist.

Quote:
No, I just tell everyone I am because it helps my fashion statement. :rolleyes:

Quote:
Your potna NGE agreed with me. Shouldn't you direct this question at him too?

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80290
11/17/04 07:44 PM
11/17/04 07:44 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Hmz...here we go again.

Thank you for pointing out my grammar. I appreciate it. Actually, it's not a slow day. There is just so much ignorance in this thread, it's contagious.

*expletive*

*expletive*

*expletive*

Isn't this fun, Pat? Also, are you enjoying being blocked? I'm sorry people PM you to condemn your opinions. Doesn't that kinda give you an idea though...?

Quote:
I don't think anyone on here is shooting their mouth off. It's pretty hard to do over the computer.
You are a clever boy.

Although, actually, this post is the most relevant of yours I've seen in this entire thread. It was accurate, and somewhat meaningful.

BTW - try responding to the issues I posed. M'kay?

***1337 EDIT***

Try responding to the issues I pose intelligently.

Oops.

Critical Mass.

Please return to your regularly scheduled thread.

***1337 EDIT***

Or can't you?

*expletive*

You really are my hero.

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80291
11/17/04 07:50 PM
11/17/04 07:50 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:
ofcourse
And what grade did you get in grammer school for syntax, Patty?

Please respond to the issues.

Thanks.

It w0u1d b3 f4bu10us if y0u did.

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80292
11/17/04 07:51 PM
11/17/04 07:51 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
What're you rambling on about now? It's hilarious that you're saying I'm ignoring your questions and comments. Let me take you back to the first page and the second half of my post which was completely ignored. Also, enough with all of this 'leet' crap. There's no room for it. You're wondering why I'm not seeing what you want me to see. I have to read that garbage. It's like trying to figure out a code to get to your questions and comments you so desperately want me to see.

Quote:
$145 billion and counting has been spent so far on the Iraq war. Instead of spending it on this:
We could've fully funded global anti-hunger efforts for 6 years.

We could've insured 87,119,479 (and counting) children for one year.

We could've hired 2,521,352 (and counting) additional public school teachers for one year.

We could've provided 7,053,020 (and counting) students four-year scholarships at public universities.

We could've built 1,309,998 (and counting) additional housing units.

We could've fully funded world-wide AIDS programs for 14 years.

We could've ensured that every child in the world was given basic immunizations for 48 years.
Killing thousands of civilians and bringing more violence to the Middle East was more important though, right?

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80294
11/17/04 07:57 PM
11/17/04 07:57 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
Quote:
Originally posted by Partagas:
[quote]Originally posted by Patrick:
[b] I wouldn't say they're all dumb, but most people vote with no knowledge of anything. That goes for both sides. I honestly think we should bring back a reading test to vote or possibly a mini quiz on where canidates stand on issues, before people can vote. I think it would make it a lot more fair. -Pat
I don't think your party will want to go there my friend. Come on a reading test. So should we make this test available in 52 languages or what. [/b][/quote]Can't read? Too bad. Can't vote. I don't care if my party would be for it. It's my opinion on the issue. However many languages it takes.

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80295
11/17/04 08:05 PM
11/17/04 08:05 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Since I wasn't commenting on that, I don't see what relevance it has.

WAAAAAAAAY back when, I said...

Quote:
A poll quiz, reading test?

Let's talk THAT, shall we?

Although I will focus on your issues here.

Quote:

We could've fully funded global anti-hunger efforts for 6 years.
M'kay. Where is the rest of the world? Why should we have to unilaterally do this? Why are these countries unable to provide for their people? Did Saddam keep his citizens well fed, Pat?

Quote:
We could've insured 87,119,479 (and counting) children for one year.
We can't do that. We're too busy insuring seniors who don't contribute to the workforce/economy and immigrants and a slew of other non-contributers (oh, and before we hit critical mass for generalizations, I'm not speaking for all seniors or immigrants). Working American citizens and their families getting insurance? Bah. You liberals, get your priorities straight.

Quote:
We could've hired 2,521,352 (and counting) additional public school teachers for one year.
Or...maybe we could've reformed the school system itself rather than bashing Bush's "No Child Left Behind Act."

I guess bashing that was more fun for you guys.

Quote:
We could've provided 7,053,020 (and counting) students four-year scholarships at public universities.
And they probably would've went to immigrants. They get more special treatment than the taxpaying citizens and their sons and daughters, and it's a shame. I go to the University ranked #2 in the US for international student population per class. Believe me. It's upsetting when, even with a scholarship (and an excellent GPA), and Asian gets a free ride for being an immigrant.

[/mass_generalizations]

Quote:
We could've built 1,309,998 (and counting) additional housing units.
For the homeless? That's all well and good. But who will pay for it? Taxpayers? Working people?

Quote:
We could've fully funded world-wide AIDS programs for 14 years.
The United States is already one, if the not the, highest aid contributer, be it through UN programs, the IMF, or the World Bank.

Let's get real. Where are France, Germany, et al? Since they aren't using their GNP on the war, they could be using it on the points you've made (err...ripped from a website).

Quote:
We could've ensured that every child in the world was given basic immunizations for 48 years.
Yet, in America, it is ILLEGAL for someone who is not a senior or such to receive the flu shot. Maybe we should work on fixing the inept system in the United States, first.

---

Forgive me for putting the interests of the United States first.

BTW, points of my own:

• Since France, Germany, et al, aren't spending money in the War on Terror...why aren't they contributing to these causes you listed?
  • Why are we worrying about the international problems you mentioned, when it's clear we have plenty of domestic issues at home?
  • And continuing the above point, forgive me if I think national security is an important issue.

I guess, if you're a liberal, like the one who made that list...

you can afford to ignore that idea.

Regards,
-DJ

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80296
11/17/04 08:41 PM
11/17/04 08:41 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
Quote:
Let's talk THAT[poll quiz, reading test], shall we?
I would say a poll quiz. I think it's more important for a voter to know what canidate is for what, rather then if they're a great reader. They obviously have some reading understanding if they can vote.

Quote:
M'kay. Where is the rest of the world? Why should we have to unilaterally do this? Why are these countries unable to provide for their people? Did Saddam keep his citizens well fed, Pat?
This is my complaint with that. You say we shouldn't help the world. Correct? Yet, we're helping the Iraqis and complaining because the rest of the world won't help us. Did Saddam keep his citizens fed well? Hell no. Hey now, though, I know how much you hate Castro. According to you, all Cubans hate him and they're very impoverished. Why didn't we go and get rid of Fidel too?

Quote:
We can't do that. We're too busy insuring seniors who don't contribute to the workforce/economy and immigrants and a slew of other non-contributers (oh, and before we hit critical mass for generalizations, I'm not speaking for all seniors or immigrants). Working American citizens and their families getting insurance? Bah. You liberals, get your priorities straight.
Ok, even if we can't get all the kids insured that I listed, why not some? Why should all seniors, immigrants, etc get it?

Quote:
Or...maybe we could've reformed the school system itself rather than bashing Bush's "No Child Left Behind Act."

I guess bashing that was more fun for you guys.
Ugh. Look. The No Child Left Behind Act is a failure. I know you think I'm just saying that, but this is probably the worst thing Bush has done. The only thing I can think of worse is the war, but we aren't getting into that. I see everyday the affects of the No Child Left Behind Act. My school is ranked 4th to last in the county in state testing. The school in the city (Reading High) is ranked dead last in the county. Over 60 % of their students drop out of school. 60 %, DJ, 60 %. I give Bush props for his effort and care for the youth with this act, but the fact is, it's not working. Most kids only care about what they wear to school. They don't care about grades or anything else. The talking in my school is horrible. If I don't hear Spanish, then I hear people saying, "Yo nigga, you gotta be gettin' dem new shoes son. Dat shit is hot. Fo' real, nigga." A majority of my school don't even do the state tests. They just fill in random circles so they can get done quick and screw around and talk about the new Rap CD that just dropped or the new rims a kid got on his car. I think was Bush (and every President from here on out) should do it appoint someone very young to direct his education. Bush, along with everyone else, needs to realize that they're not dealing with the 50's or 60's. Discipline is rarely seen at homes and kids just don't care.

Quote:
And they probably would've went to immigrants. They get more special treatment than the taxpaying citizens and their sons and daughters, and it's a shame. I go to the University ranked #2 in the US for international student population per class. Believe me. It's upsetting when, even with a scholarship (and an excellent GPA), and Asian gets a free ride for being an immigrant.
I support these immigrants getting an extra boost for college. They're obviously incapable of handling that of an American. They need the extra help. I don't know if I agree with them getting extra points on the SATs, but maybe separate classes should be set up in college like they are in high school {i.e. career, college, and honor classes).

Quote:
For the homeless? That's all well and good. But who will pay for it? Taxpayers? Working people?
Yes, for the homeless. Yes, the tax payers and working people will pay for it. Ending poverty will also put a huge blow into the drug business. Most homelessness is a result of someone being a drug addict. We need to get people cleaned up. Drug addiction is hard to conquer.

Quote:
The United States is already one, if the not the, highest aid contributer, be it through UN programs, the IMF, or the World Bank.

Let's get real. Where are France, Germany, et al? Since they aren't using their GNP on the war, they could be using it on the points you've made (err...ripped from a website).
They're using a lot of their GNP in Sudan though. I think we should definetly invest a lot of money in AIDS help for people in Africa. They have the highest birth, death, and infant mortality rates in the world. In case you haven't seen, A LOT of Hollywood entertainers are going over there and pretty much dumping money into the AIDS fund.

Quote:
Yet, in America, it is ILLEGAL for someone who is not a senior or such to receive the flu shot.
No it's not.

Quote:
Forgive me for putting the interests of the United States first.
I think that is where our heads collide. You'd rather have a better US, but I'd rather have a better world with the US sticking its' head out to risk it.

Quote:
Since France, Germany, et al, aren't spending money in the War on Terror...why aren't they contributing to these causes you listed?
Like I said, they are contributing to Sudan. Also, their countries don't have as much as the US. We're the richest country in the world.

Quote:
Why are we worrying about the international problems you mentioned, when it's clear we have plenty of domestic issues at home?
Then why do you think we should be giving out jobs overseas if you see these problems?

Quote:
And continuing the above point, forgive me if I think national security is an important issue.
What about the national security of a country who is Democratic, but just doesn't have the funds? -Pat

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80297
11/17/04 11:49 PM
11/17/04 11:49 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
I would say a poll quiz. I think it's more important for a voter to know what canidate is for what, rather then if they're a great reader. They obviously have some reading understanding if they can vote.
Yeah, but how are you going to avoid discrimination...what if someone can't read? Does that mean they are too ignorant to vote?

Actually, I agree with you, I think too many people shoot from the hip when it comes to their opinions, and some kind of poll regulation would be good. But realistically, is there a feasible way to protect the constitutional right to vote while regulating who is 'acceptable?'

Quote:
This is my complaint with that. You say we shouldn't help the world. Correct? Yet, we're helping the Iraqis and complaining because the rest of the world won't help us. Did Saddam keep his citizens fed well? Hell no. Hey now, though, I know how much you hate Castro. According to you, all Cubans hate him and they're very impoverished. Why didn't we go and get rid of Fidel too?
Again, I refer you to the post you apparently neglected to read in the other thread. It outlines how I feel about US intervention quite well.

As far as comparing Fidel to Saddam, we have to look at who is a threat. What does Fidel have? In the 60's, it was nukes. Today, he's an uncoordinated dictator ready to kick the bucket. Saddam was living quite well in his numerous palaces, skamming the corrupt Oil For Food program, starving his people, and committing genocide (which, to my knowledge, Fidel hasn't done?). Saddam is clearly much more of a threat, especially if it was suspected he had or was pursuing WMD's.

Quote:
Ok, even if we can't get all the kids insured that I listed, why not some? Why should all seniors, immigrants, etc get it?
That's my point. I would like to see all kids insured, but in this country, preference is given to the minority, especially seniors.

Quote:
Ugh. Look. The No Child Left Behind Act is a failure. I know you think I'm just saying that, but this is probably the worst thing Bush has done. The only thing I can think of worse is the war, but we aren't getting into that. I see everyday the affects of the No Child Left Behind Act. My school is ranked 4th to last in the county in state testing. The school in the city (Reading High) is ranked dead last in the county. Over 60 % of their students drop out of school. 60 %, DJ, 60 %.
The dropout rate? If education is so poor in this country, then why has a Bachelor of Arts/Science degree become the standard rather than a high school diploma, or at least an associates degree?

Quote:
Most kids only care about what they wear to school. They don't care about grades or anything else. The talking in my school is horrible. If I don't hear Spanish, then I hear people saying, "Yo nigga, you gotta be gettin' dem new shoes son. Dat shit is hot. Fo' real, nigga."
I don't see the relevance this has to the NCLB act, or Bush's education measures.

Quote:
A majority of my school don't even do the state tests. They just fill in random circles so they can get done quick and screw around and talk about the new Rap CD that just dropped or the new rims a kid got on his car. I think was Bush (and every President from here on out) should do it appoint someone very young to direct his education. Bush, along with everyone else, needs to realize that they're not dealing with the 50's or 60's. Discipline is rarely seen at homes and kids just don't care.
Again, I don't see the relevance. This is clearly a social issue; an example of how degraded our society has become over the past 50 years.

Even further, it exemplifies the difference between hard workers and those who choose to not work. Those who work hard are, more often than not, rewarded. You go to school, get a solid education, and polish your skills, you can do something with your life. If you dedicate yourself to your studies, you have unlimited potential from which to tap.

If you decide to smoke pot, take down a quart of BV, and get wasted while listening to Tupac (random artist, no offense) albums, that's your choice. But when you become impoverished, don't blame Bush, society, or anyone other than yourself.

Quote:
I support these immigrants getting an extra boost for college. They're obviously incapable of handling that of an American.
That's absolutely farcical. I've seen these Asians in my University. They aren't slow, stupid, or anything.

When you get to college, maybe you'll understand a bit more. Actually, feel free to come visit UB, I'll show you the differentiation.

Quote:
They need the extra help. I don't know if I agree with them getting extra points on the SATs, but maybe separate classes should be set up in college like they are in high school {i.e. career, college, and honor classes).
As I said before, they don't need 'extra' help. And seperate classes? Maybe at a private college, but the taxpayers shouldn't have to pay for that at a public university.

Quote:
Yes, for the homeless. Yes, the tax payers and working people will pay for it.
I don't think you really understand how overburdened the middle class in America has been over the past decade.

Quote:
Ending poverty will also put a huge blow into the drug business. Most homelessness is a result of someone being a drug addict. We need to get people cleaned up. Drug addiction is hard to conquer.
A noble task, but how do you expect to accomplish this? FDR-esque workers programs?

And as far as drugs - legalize them, but tax the shit out of them. That would provide good revenue to the government, and also make them grossly unaffordable for the average corner druggie.

Quote:
They're using a lot of their GNP in Sudan though. I think we should definetly invest a lot of money in AIDS help for people in Africa. They have the highest birth, death, and infant mortality rates in the world. In case you haven't seen, A LOT of Hollywood entertainers are going over there and pretty much dumping money into the AIDS fund.
That's fine. I'd like to see them do more in Sudan though than just throw a few dollars in and hope the problem goes away, or, more likely, the US will step in and fix it.

And sure, Africa needs help. I think UN aid should continue, but I also think America has plenty of domestic issues on her plate already, and it's kinda hard to throw a life preserver to a drowning person if your boat is sinking too.

Quote:
No it's not.
As it stands right now, physicians can lose their licenses for "distributing the flu vaccine to a non-risk person." California has made it illegal to give flu vaccine to populations not on the high risk list.

Quote:
You'd rather have a better US, but I'd rather have a better world with the US sticking its' head out to risk it.
Forgive me...but you keep putting paint on a bridge, but ignore the weakening supports, do you think it's going to stand forever?

The United States, with her constitution of liberty, is the backbone and mouthpiece of freedom throughout the world.

If we ignore domestic issues and focus on the "greater world," we will be neglecting the very platform upon which we as a people have stood for over 200 years.

The United States is a member of the world community, and has earned her place. But I'd rather see the US take a more isolationist route than the one she is, and has been, currently taking since the 60's.

Quote:
Like I said, they are contributing to Sudan. Also, their countries don't have as much as the US. We're the richest country in the world.
Yeah, and the richest country in the world is fighting a war. Forgive me for not shedding a tear for Germany or France. What are they spending their money on? Little white flags?!?

Quote:
Then why do you think we should be giving out jobs overseas if you see these problems?
When did you ever see me support outsourcing? If I recall, being from a booming 50's-70's steeltown, I understand what happens when the steel industry dies out, and goes overseas to Japan. I think we need to rebuild the steel industry, and tariff any foreign steel, and/or companies that purchase that steel. Also, let's rebuild the railroads - bring the US mail back to the railroads, whose absence was the death knell to the commercial railroad system (outside of some shipping).

Quote:
What about the national security of a country who is Democratic, but just doesn't have the funds?
To what, or whom, are you referring?

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80298
11/18/04 12:12 AM
11/18/04 12:12 AM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
Quote:
Yeah, but how are you going to avoid discrimination...what if someone can't read? Does that mean they are too ignorant to vote?
Forgive me for saying, but it probably means they're too stupid to vote.

Quote:
Actually, I agree with you, I think too many people shoot from the hip when it comes to their opinions, and some kind of poll regulation would be good. But realistically, is there a feasible way to protect the constitutional right to vote while regulating who is 'acceptable?'
The Constitution can be amended. As long as you know why you're voting for who you are, then vote.

Quote:
As far as comparing Fidel to Saddam, we have to look at who is a threat. What does Fidel have? In the 60's, it was nukes. Today, he's an uncoordinated dictator ready to kick the bucket. Saddam was living quite well in his numerous palaces, skamming the corrupt Oil For Food program, starving his people, and committing genocide (which, to my knowledge, Fidel hasn't done?). Saddam is clearly much more of a threat, especially if it was suspected he had or was pursuing WMD's.
What about North Korea and Iran? Both have WMDS. Why was Iraq looked at first? Just because Saddam was the leader? What makes him more dangerous then Kim Jong or the leader of Iran? About genocide, it's happening in Sudan.

Quote:
The dropout rate? If education is so poor in this country, then why has a Bachelor of Arts/Science degree become the standard rather than a high school diploma, or at least an associates degree?
I don't think you understand where I'm coming from. I don't exactly live in the National Honor Society of America.

Quote:
Again, I don't see the relevance. This is clearly a social issue; an example of how degraded our society has become over the past 50 years.

Even further, it exemplifies the difference between hard workers and those who choose to not work. Those who work hard are, more often than not, rewarded. You go to school, get a solid education, and polish your skills, you can do something with your life. If you dedicate yourself to your studies, you have unlimited potential from which to tap.

If you decide to smoke pot, take down a quart of BV, and get wasted while listening to Tupac (random artist, no offense) albums, that's your choice. But when you become impoverished, don't blame Bush, society, or anyone other than yourself.
If people drop out of school and don't get an education, do you know what will happen? That's right. Welfare, then that would start a whole new mess. Like I said, there are kids who are drug addicts. They don't realize the mistake they're making. They deserve a 2nd chance if they ever overcome it.

Quote:
That's absolutely farcical. I've seen these Asians in my University. They aren't slow, stupid, or anything.

When you get to college, maybe you'll understand a bit more. Actually, feel free to come visit UB, I'll show you the differentiation.
And I'll introduce you to the lovely minorities and Whites at my school who could give 2 shits about anything. Asians, Indians, and Middle Easterns, IMO, are the hardest working people that come to this country. What about the Blacks and Hispanics at your school?

Quote:
As I said before, they don't need 'extra' help. And seperate classes? Maybe at a private college, but the taxpayers shouldn't have to pay for that at a public university.
They DO need extra help. There are many Blacks and Hispanics who can't grasp things as easy as Whites, even if they try hard. It's a huge problem.

Quote:
I don't think you really understand how overburdened the middle class in America has been over the past decade.
I didn't say to tax them. Let's get those fellas making over $200,000 a year.

Quote:
A noble task, but how do you expect to accomplish this? FDR-esque workers programs?
EXACTLY. We need more rehabs in this country. Sending people to prison only makes things worse. People can still be violent and do drugs in prison.

Quote:
And as far as drugs - legalize them, but tax the shit out of them. That would provide good revenue to the government, and also make them grossly unaffordable for the average corner druggie.
I have some very strong feelings on drugs and I agree with you, but I think their should be an age limit to buy them. I think it should be handled just like alcohol.

Quote:
Forgive me...but you keep putting paint on a bridge, but ignore the weakening supports, do you think it's going to stand forever?

The United States, with her constitution of liberty, is the backbone and mouthpiece of freedom throughout the world.

If we ignore domestic issues and focus on the "greater world," we will be neglecting the very platform upon which we as a people have stood for over 200 years.

The United States is a member of the world community, and has earned her place. But I'd rather see the US take a more isolationist route than the one she is, and has been, currently taking since the 60's.
If we take an isolationist route now, it's going to be like spitting on our allies in this war when they ask for our help and we don't give it.

Quote:
Yeah, and the richest country in the world is fighting a war. Forgive me for not shedding a tear for Germany or France. What are they spending their money on? Little white flags?!?
Sudan.

Quote:
When did you ever see me support outsourcing? If I recall, being from a booming 50's-70's steeltown, I understand what happens when the steel industry dies out, and goes overseas to Japan. I think we need to rebuild the steel industry, and tariff any foreign steel, and/or companies that purchase that steel. Also, let's rebuild the railroads - bring the US mail back to the railroads, whose absence was the death knell to the commercial railroad system (outside of some shipping).
I figured you agreed with Bush and that we should outsource.

Quote:
To what, or whom, are you referring?
What if South Korea is attacked by North Korea? Should we not help them? -Pat

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80299
11/18/04 12:44 AM
11/18/04 12:44 AM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Forgive me for saying, but it probably means they're too stupid to vote.
I'm surprised. I think Alan Colmes would have a heart attack.

Do you realize by saying that, you're taking away many of the minority votes that went to John Kerry???

Quote:
The Constitution can be amended. As long as you know why you're voting for who you are, then vote.
Forgive my sarcasm, but I don't think we should amend the constitution to restrict peoples rights to vote. We might as well repeal the 13th Amendment.

Quote:
What about North Korea and Iran? Both have WMDS. Why was Iraq looked at first? Just because Saddam was the leader? What makes him more dangerous then Kim Jong or the leader of Iran? About genocide, it's happening in Sudan.
What makes him more of a threat? Intelligence did. Saddam and his middle eastern cronies are, at this point, in the middle of a hotbed that has existed for centuries, going back to the Ottoman, Safavid, and Mughal empires.

As I've said before, while we have to confront all of these issues, we went by what intelligence (US and international) was a threat. We also removed the source of that threat.

Considering how anti-war the liberals are, I'm surprised you aren't applauding our current diplomatic strategies with N.Korea and Sudan?

Quote:
I don't think you understand where I'm coming from. I don't exactly live in the National Honor Society of America.
That's just one place. Other places, like my school for instance, EVERYONE I KNEW went off to college, either in-or-out of state. I know 1 kid who didn't go off, and the other kids enrolled in the army or ROTC of some sort. Some marines, actually.

Quote:
If people drop out of school and don't get an education, do you know what will happen? That's right. Welfare, then that would start a whole new mess. Like I said, there are kids who are drug addicts. They don't realize the mistake they're making. They deserve a 2nd chance if they ever overcome it.
Taxpayers currently pay for their first chance: public education. The NCLB allows them to use the vouchers to get out of their district if it isn't up to standards. They have the best opportunities possible.

And taxpayers end up paying for welfare. I mean, how many "2nd chances" do we give people who choose to squander their opportunities? I mean, we have GED classes and such...there are plenty of opportunities for those who want it.

What about the people who are content to sit on their asses, collect welfare, and buy drugs???

Quote:
And I'll introduce you to the lovely minorities and Whites at my school who could give 2 shits about anything. Asians, Indians, and Middle Easterns, IMO, are the hardest working people that come to this country. What about the Blacks and Hispanics at your school?
Like every mass generalization, there are two sides. There are some very dedicated foreigners, and in my opinion, more undedicated ones. But that's from my perspective.

Maybe if I was getting college for free, I wouldn't try as hard either.

Quote:
They DO need extra help. There are many Blacks and Hispanics who can't grasp things as easy as Whites, even if they try hard. It's a huge problem.
GIVE ME A BREAK

Are we now going to get into some kind of ethnic/intelligence scale? Please.

Quote:
I didn't say to tax them. Let's get those fellas making over $200,000 a year.
They're getting taxed. Especially on capital gains.

BTW, where is this magical tax fix you liberals think exists?

BTW Pt 2: Rich people make the world go 'round.

Quote:
EXACTLY. We need more rehabs in this country. Sending people to prison only makes things worse. People can still be violent and do drugs in prison.
Yes, but there is also too much 'rehab' or therapy when punishment is in order...at least in my opinion.

Quote:
I have some very strong feelings on drugs and I agree with you, but I think their should be an age limit to buy them. I think it should be handled just like alcohol.
Right, similar to alcohol. But probably even more restrictive, I suppose.

Quote:
If we take an isolationist route now, it's going to be like spitting on our allies in this war when they ask for our help and we don't give it.
I didn't say take a huge left turn off the bridge :p

I'm saying, we need to MOVE towards isolationism, not an immediate withdrawal.

Quote:
Sudan.
Nice. So explain to me why they don't send troops, in addition to francs?

Quote:
I figured you agreed with Bush and that we should outsource.
Foreign trade is a necessity. But I didn't think the President was completely pro-outsource.

Quote:
What if South Korea is attacked by North Korea? Should we not help them?
I'll say again...why do WE always have to be the first ones to help? Europe is certainly capable of protecting her interests, it's not always our job to be first responders. Let's see how long Europe lasts w/o US involvement.

Regards,
Double-J

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80300
11/18/04 12:49 AM
11/18/04 12:49 AM
DonMichaelCorleone Offline
DonMichaelCorleone  Offline

I can't resist

Double-J and Patrick:

you sound like two old women :p :p :p

"You gave your word, I never gave mine"
http://s2.gladiatus.us/game/c.php?uid=88380
Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80301
11/18/04 12:58 AM
11/18/04 12:58 AM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

How did you guess?

Oy, it's so meshuga. Me and Pat have been trying to hide it all along, but we're really two jewish broads who think politics is like buttah.

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80302
11/18/04 04:05 AM
11/18/04 04:05 AM
Graveyard
The Iceman Offline
Official BB Hitman
The Iceman  Offline
Official BB Hitman
Underboss
Graveyard
I find it rather funny how some of the Kerry supporters are reacting due to the election results.

For the ones who're saying sorry to the world. No need to apologize on my account. As I'm not sorry I voted for Bush(although according to some individuals I'm dumb. :rolleyes: )

I had this nations best interests at heart when I voted for Bush. I happen to think this nation/the whole world will be much better off with Bush in office, rather than Kerry.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80303
11/18/04 06:23 AM
11/18/04 06:23 AM
The Bright Side Of The Road
S
Senza Mama Offline
Underboss
Senza Mama  Offline
S
Underboss
The Bright Side Of The Road
This thread must surely contain some of the main candidates for the longest post ever on the BB.

Tom: "They shot Sonny on the causeway...he's dead."
Michael: "Turnbull is a good man"
Shane MacGowan: "It was Christmas Eve babe, in the drunk tank"
Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80304
11/18/04 12:24 PM
11/18/04 12:24 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
Quote:
I'm surprised. I think Alan Colmes would have a heart attack.

Do you realize by saying that, you're taking away many of the minority votes that went to John Kerry???
You're acting like I want a 100 question quiz done. I just want people to understand basic things. I highly doubt it would ever happen, but that's just my thought.

Quote:
What makes him more of a threat? Intelligence did.
Extremely poor intelligence.

Quote:
Saddam and his middle eastern cronies are, at this point, in the middle of a hotbed that has existed for centuries, going back to the Ottoman, Safavid, and Mughal empires.

As I've said before, while we have to confront all of these issues, we went by what intelligence (US and international) was a threat. We also removed the source of that threat.

Considering how anti-war the liberals are, I'm surprised you aren't applauding our current diplomatic strategies with N.Korea and Sudan?
We're in Iraq, which is why I say we should be in North Korea or Sudan. Those 2 are higher prioritites to me and if Bush wanted to go to war or help a country, I think he should've picked one of those instead of Iraq.

Quote:
That's just one place. Other places, like my school for instance, EVERYONE I KNEW went off to college, either in-or-out of state. I know 1 kid who didn't go off, and the other kids enrolled in the army or ROTC of some sort. Some marines, actually.
Consider yourself lucky then. You are one that the US and its' people don't ignore and refuse to listen to.

Quote:
What about the people who are content to sit on their asses, collect welfare, and buy drugs???
Put them in rehab and then help give them a special education.

Quote:
Like every mass generalization, there are two sides. There are some very dedicated foreigners, and in my opinion, more undedicated ones. But that's from my perspective.

Maybe if I was getting college for free, I wouldn't try as hard either.
I don't think that that they're NOT trying hard. I just think they don't care.

Quote:
Are we now going to get into some kind of ethnic/intelligence scale? Please.
You're damn right we are.

Quote:
They're getting taxed. Especially on capital gains.

BTW, where is this magical tax fix you liberals think exists?

BTW Pt 2: Rich people make the world go 'round.
The rich don't make the world go 'round. The people working under the rich (middle class) make the world go round. Why give the rich more money then what they already have? Greed is a bad thing.

Quote:
Yes, but there is also too much 'rehab' or therapy when punishment is in order...at least in my opinion.
Punishment doesn't work. People go into prison bad and come out worse.

Quote:
Right, similar to alcohol. But probably even more restrictive, I suppose.
Yes. I think to buy drugs you should have to be 18 or 21 (not sure which one yet). The government will regulate it and give each person who wants to buy these things a card. Certain money must be paid for this card and each time you buy a certain drug, a time limit goes on. You cannot buy a drug again until the time limit is up. The only problem with this is, that addicts will now probably die. We must help those who need help before we legalize drugs. Maybe we shouldn't legalize certain kinds of drugs either.

Quote:
I'm saying, we need to MOVE towards isolationism, not an immediate withdrawal.
And I'm saying we shouldn't.

Quote:
Nice. So explain to me why they don't send troops, in addition to francs?
Because sending troops into a country to kill people (i.e. Iraq) doesn't solve anything. The country needs money so its' army can fight off the rebels and stop the starvation.

Quote:
Foreign trade is a necessity. But I didn't think the President was completely pro-outsource.
The President is completely pro-outsource.

Quote:
I'll say again...why do WE always have to be the first ones to help? Europe is certainly capable of protecting her interests, it's not always our job to be first responders. Let's see how long Europe lasts w/o US involvement.
And I'll ask you again. If we're complaining about having to be the 'first ones to help,' then why were we the ones who insisted on going into Iraq? North Korea and Iran are more of a threat. Hell, I don't even think the 'Iraq threat' can be compared to their's. -Pat

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80305
11/18/04 03:52 PM
11/18/04 03:52 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
You're acting like I want a 100 question quiz done. I just want people to understand basic things. I highly doubt it would ever happen, but that's just my thought.
Well then be specific. Explain to me like I'm a 6 year old, how some quiz should legally justify or disallow someones right to vote???

Quote:
Extremely poor intelligence.
It just seems funny to me. These are the same people collecting intelligence in the NSA and such, and even international agencies (MoD), who had information/rumours about a pending attack on America before 9/11.

Why didn't we use the intelligence?!?!?!?! BUSH LET THE TOWERS FALL?!?!?!?

Yet when we did end up using intelligence, and more than one source thereof, that suggested Saddam had WMD's or was persuing them, now it's "bad Bush, war for oil."

So don't be saying "bad intelligence" if the left chooses to use it in one instance for it's advantage, and then use it as fodder for anti-Bush sentiment the next.

Quote:
We're in Iraq, which is why I say we should be in North Korea or Sudan. Those 2 are higher prioritites to me and if Bush wanted to go to war or help a country, I think he should've picked one of those instead of Iraq.
What is the point of going into N.Korea right now? We are trying to accomplish the task of disarming and negotiating dipolmatically, through the proper channels.

Yet again, another example of left-wing hypocrisy. "Why didn't we give the inspectors in Iraq more time; why didn't we use diplomacy to disarm Saddam?!?"

But now when we use diplomacy v. Kim Jong Il, it's wrong?!?!

And Sudan? There is genocide being committed in Sudan, no doubt. But again, we are already on a two front war. I'll ask again - WHERE IS THE INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY...Why should America have to be the first to send troops?

Quote:
Consider yourself lucky then. You are one that the US and its' people don't ignore and refuse to listen to.
Ugh...let's have a pity party now.

Quote:
Please justify why we should spend working taxpayers dollars to do this.

Quote:
I don't think that that they're NOT trying hard. I just think they don't care.
Call it laziness, apathy, or what have you. It doesn't excuse them.

Quote:
You're damn right we are.
Feel free to continue to tighten the noose around your neck on this one, Pat. Until you cite some reliable source telling me blacks or hispanics are GENETICALLY INFERIOR to whites/europeans, then I'm going to stand by my position.

Quote:
The rich don't make the world go 'round. The people working under the rich (middle class) make the world go round. Why give the rich more money then what they already have? Greed is a bad thing.
The Middle Class bears the tax burden, no doubt; it has been this way for decades. Yet, without corporate America, and big business, the economy would collapse. The government wouldn't take in nearly enough revenue from taxes and sanctions on those companies, and the deficit will skyrocket even higher than it is now.

Quote:
Punishment doesn't work. People go into prison bad and come out worse.
We'd better just let them right back out into the community, since their such "nice" people.

Forgive me for thinking that some people are unreformable...I'd like to see what kind of "scale" you'd use to arbitrarily decide who gets to stay in prison and who is "reformed" through therapy and whatnot.

Look at the guy who shot Reagan...he didn't get time...he was sent to a mental hospital, yet he had a prior criminal record and such...do you think that someone who tries to whack the president should be turned back out into public without jail time? Who certifies he is reformed? And if/when he is, what if he kills again? I can see legal red tape and lawsuits abound here.

Quote:
Yes. I think to buy drugs you should have to be 18 or 21 (not sure which one yet). The government will regulate it and give each person who wants to buy these things a card. Certain money must be paid for this card and each time you buy a certain drug, a time limit goes on. You cannot buy a drug again until the time limit is up. The only problem with this is, that addicts will now probably die. We must help those who need help before we legalize drugs. Maybe we shouldn't legalize certain kinds of drugs either.
Addicts will die?

If you can afford the drugs, you can afford rehab. :p

Quote:
And I'm saying we shouldn't.
Do you realize why the Middle East hates America so much?

Quote:
Because sending troops into a country to kill people (i.e. Iraq) doesn't solve anything.
SO THEN WHY DO YOU WANT TO SEND AMERICAN TROOPS?!?!?!?!?!?

Quote:
The country needs money so its' army can fight off the rebels and stop the starvation.
Do you honestly think their army can fight off the rebels without UN peacekeepers or troops???

Quote:
The President is completely pro-outsource.
You cannot exist without exporting and importing, it takes out a crucial component of a national economy.

And I wouldn't say "completely" outsource, I'd appreciate a citation to support that argument.

Quote:
And I'll ask you again. If we're complaining about having to be the 'first ones to help,' then why were we the ones who insisted on going into Iraq? North Korea and Iran are more of a threat. Hell, I don't even think the 'Iraq threat' can be compared to their's.
My point is this - justify why the United States should be sending in troops, yet european superpowers are doing nothing more than throwing hapless francs into the arms of an undermanned and incapable army (that of the official Sudanese government)?

North Korea and Iran are threats, very good.

I'm surprised you haven't crapped on that, since Powell came out yesterday in a report and said Iran has black market schematics for a bomb, as well as limited amounts of enriched uranium and technology to create and deliver a nuclear warhead.

(USA Today)...

Regards,
Double-J

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80306
11/18/04 04:01 PM
11/18/04 04:01 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:
[QUOTE]...if you or him think that these next 4 years will go nice and smooth...
Who EVER said or thought that the next 4 years would go 'nice and smooth'????

We wanted GW Bush to win, and he did. No one, least of all the President, thinks it will be smooth sailing during the second term. In some ways it may even be tougher than the first term.

But he's there, he's staying, and that's enough to make each post of yours more ridiculous than the last (as if that were possible)!

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80307
11/18/04 05:00 PM
11/18/04 05:00 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
Quote:
Well then be specific. Explain to me like I'm a 6 year old, how some quiz should legally justify or disallow someones right to vote???
Why would a 6 year old need to know? You need to be 18 to vote. 'Some quiz' will show people if you're intelligent enough to vote for someone because you support them for what they think, rather then just thinking one is better then the other for no reason.

Quote:
It just seems funny to me. These are the same people collecting intelligence in the NSA and such, and even international agencies (MoD), who had information/rumours about a pending attack on America before 9/11.

Why didn't we use the intelligence?!?!?!?! BUSH LET THE TOWERS FALL?!?!?!?
Bush was given information about "Bin Laden hijacking planes," but either failed to understand them or to take it serious. So, in all seriousness, 9/11 could've been prevented.

Quote:
Yet when we did end up using intelligence, and more than one source thereof, that suggested Saddam had WMD's or was persuing them, now it's "bad Bush, war for oil."
And what about all of the proof that Iran and North Korea have WMDS? We KNOW that they have them, especially North Korea. We were uncertain about Iraq. Why enter Iraq (which was questionable about WMD) when we have 2 other countries that we KNOW have WMDS?

Quote:
So don't be saying "bad intelligence" if the left chooses to use it in one instance for it's advantage, and then use it as fodder for anti-Bush sentiment the next.
You mean, for HIS advantage. It was HIS intelligence. I'm sure Bush knew that some intelligence was accurate and some wasn't. If Bush wouldn't have rushed into Iraq, then I don't think a lot of people would dislike the Iraq war, but he DID rush into the war, which is why more and more men keep dying each day.

Quote:
What is the point of going into N.Korea right now? We are trying to accomplish the task of disarming and negotiating dipolmatically, through the proper channels.
I'm not saying we should go to North Korea right NOW. I'm saying that they were/are more of a threat then Saddam and Iraq.

Quote:
But now when we use diplomacy v. Kim Jong Il, it's wrong?!?!
Kim Jong has made open threats against the US and the US has NEVER EVER gave him money. We gave Saddam billions and billions. Saddam used the money we gave him to buy all of his palaces etc. It's a totally different situation. I have the impression that there's something the US government is trying to cover up.

Quote:
And Sudan? There is genocide being committed in Sudan, no doubt. But again, we are already on a two front war. I'll ask again - WHERE IS THE INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY...Why should America have to be the first to send troops?
Why were you ok with America sending troops to Iraq first? You obviously believe that Saddam had WMDS. If he had them, then why was he only a threat to the US? Why didn't the UK go in first if he was such a threat to the world?

Quote:
Ugh...let's have a pity party now.
Is that supposed to be a joke? You're spitting in the face of people who don't have the money to escape the cities and get into a good school. It's like you don't want anybody to go on with life if they can't get a good education, yet you don't have any solutions (nor does Bush) on how we can help them now, before it's too late.

Quote:
Please justify why we should spend working taxpayers dollars to do this.
Because that is how America works. There are taxes. We could use that $225 billion that Bush spent on the war with no cause, but, oh wait, too late.

Quote:
Call it laziness, apathy, or what have you. It doesn't excuse them.
But it should excuse you for criticizing people on welfare. These are the people who will be on welfare. If you aren't willing to help them now, then it will really cost these tax payers (that you seem to feel sympathy for) so much in the future.

Quote:
Feel free to continue to tighten the noose around your neck on this one, Pat. Until you cite some reliable source telling me blacks or hispanics are GENETICALLY INFERIOR to whites/europeans, then I'm going to stand by my position.
Ok. Then why do over half of the high school drop outs happen to be minorities? What's the problem? You tell me.

Quote:
The Middle Class bears the tax burden, no doubt; it has been this way for decades. Yet, without corporate America, and big business, the economy would collapse. The government wouldn't take in nearly enough revenue from taxes and sanctions on those companies...
Big business? Over 95 % of business are SMALL businesses. There are barely any big businesses in America. The small businesses represent over 50 % of working people. Why should the other half and the 5 % of big businesses get off easy?

Quote:
...the deficit will skyrocket even higher than it is now.
It's going to skyrocket no matter what, in these next 4 years.

Quote:
We'd better just let them right back out into the community, since their such "nice" people.
Um. I didn't say that.

Quote:
Forgive me for thinking that some people are unreformable...I'd like to see what kind of "scale" you'd use to arbitrarily decide who gets to stay in prison and who is "reformed" through therapy and whatnot.
The only people who I believe should be in jail for life with no parole are people who commit murder. Everyone else can be re-educated, rehabilitated, and brought back into society.

Quote:
Look at the guy who shot Reagan...he didn't get time...he was sent to a mental hospital, yet he had a prior criminal record and such...do you think that someone who tries to whack the president should be turned back out into public without jail time?
I don't feel anyone with mental problems should be held accountable unless they know what they're doing and the court can prove without a reasonable doubt that they knew it. This is why people that are retarded and have the IQ of a child shouldn't be put on death row or sentenced to life in prison.

Quote:
If you can afford the drugs, you can afford rehab. :p
I don't find that amusing, as you seem to. People don't realize how addicted they are. These people actually get sick if they don't do a drug they're addicted to. The government should give them one chance to clean themselves up in a rehab. If they mess up after being completely clean, then they go to prison.

Quote:
Do you realize why the Middle East hates America so much?
Because we try to control them and their oil fields. And do you honestly think that it's just the Middle East that hates us? The whole world hates us, but hey, there's a great quote: "Don't hate me because I'm American. Just hate my government. And the President."

Quote:
SO THEN WHY DO YOU WANT TO SEND AMERICAN TROOPS?!?!?!?!?!?
Because sending troops to Iraq and sending them to Sudan are two TOTALLY different things. There is no one to defend the Sudanese people against the rebels.

Quote:
Do you honestly think their army can fight off the rebels without UN peacekeepers or troops???
Do you think the rebels would be able to fight off artillery and armor that the US have?

Quote:
You cannot exist without exporting and importing, it takes out a crucial component of a national economy.
Ok. For some reason, you think I'm talking about strictly trade when I say outsource. I'm referring to American jobs that the President takes away, sends overseas, hires a foreigner, and then pays them 25 % of what the American worker would get here.

Quote:
And I wouldn't say "completely" outsource, I'd appreciate a citation to support that argument.
Powell Admits Bush Supports Outsourcing
http://www.misleader.org/daily_mislead/read.asp?fn=df05212004.html
http://www.misleader.org/daily_mislead/read.asp?fn=df03172004.html
http://www.misleader.org/daily_mislead/read.asp?fn=df03102004.html

Quote:
My point is this - justify why the United States should be sending in troops, yet european superpowers are doing nothing more than throwing hapless francs into the arms of an undermanned and incapable army (that of the official Sudanese government)?
Because the US gave us 2 reasons to enter Iraq:
1.) Get rid of Saddam because he commits genocide.
2.) Get WMDS

Since there are no WMDS, we are in there right now strictly to get in a new President who 'won't commit genocide,' yet we don't want to help the Sudanese where there is genocide now.

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80308
11/18/04 06:24 PM
11/18/04 06:24 PM
Folsom Prison
DonFerro55 Offline
Underboss
DonFerro55  Offline
Underboss
Folsom Prison
I never realized how relaxing it is to just sit back and watch these things and not have to jump in. Haha, keep it up you two, it's what makes America Healthy.

Doc

And you liar, teller of tall tales: you trample all the Lord's commandments underfoot, you murder, steal, commit adultery, and afterward break into tears, beat your breast, take down your guitar and turn sin into a song. Shrewd devil, you know very well that God pardons singers no matter what they do, because he can simply die for a song.
Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80309
11/18/04 06:30 PM
11/18/04 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DonFerro55:
I never realized how relaxing it is to just sit back and watch these things and not have to jump in. Haha, keep it up you two, it's what makes America Healthy.

Doc
Hence my statement:

Quote:
I can't resist

Double-J and Patrick:

you sound like two old women [Razz] [Razz] [Razz]
It's A LOT of fun just reading lol

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80310
11/18/04 07:00 PM
11/18/04 07:00 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

OMG

I just posted a reply, but it didn't go through...so accept the lite version...

---

Quote:
Why would a 6 year old need to know? You need to be 18 to vote. 'Some quiz' will show people if you're intelligent enough to vote for someone because you support them for what they think, rather then just thinking one is better then the other for no reason.
Explain to me what determines "intelligent enough to vote for someone." Arbitrarily.

Or does that mean, to be intelligent, you have to support the candidate you wanted to win?

Quote:
Bush was given information about "Bin Laden hijacking planes," but either failed to understand them or to take it serious. So, in all seriousness, 9/11 could've been prevented.
Really? How come the intelligence for 9/11 was so solid, and you use it to defend your argument, but you hypocritically bash it with regards to Saddam being a threat?

Convenience?

Quote:
And what about all of the proof that Iran and North Korea have WMDS? We KNOW that they have them, especially North Korea. We were uncertain about Iraq. Why enter Iraq (which was questionable about WMD) when we have 2 other countries that we KNOW have WMDS?
So now intelligence is right? How do you know?

Convenient, isn't it.

Quote:
You mean, for HIS advantage. It was HIS intelligence.
Now let's see what you said two seconds ago...

Quote:
Bush was given information
Right...he gets the intelligence, but it's HIS...

Quote:
I'm sure Bush knew that some intelligence was accurate and some wasn't.
Maybe you should give him your secret liberal decoder ring!!!

Quote:
If Bush wouldn't have rushed into Iraq, then I don't think a lot of people would dislike the Iraq war, but he DID rush into the war, which is why more and more men keep dying each day.
If I was president, and saw intelligence that said Iraq had WMD's and was an imminent threat to the US, I wouldn't hesitate to unilaterally act either. We tried diplomacy. Like we are in N.Korea and Iran. But you want us to war with them?!?

Quote:
I'm not saying we should go to North Korea right NOW. I'm saying that they were/are more of a threat then Saddam and Iraq.
Really? You should've said that like a bajillion posts ago.

Also, how do you know Iran/N.Korea is a more of a threat? Maybe it's more Bush intelligence lies!!!

Quote:
Kim Jong has made open threats against the US and the US has NEVER EVER gave him money. We gave Saddam billions and billions. Saddam used the money we gave him to buy all of his palaces etc. It's a totally different situation. I have the impression that there's something the US government is trying to cover up.
Cover up? Such as?

Being connected to Saddam is a black eye, no doubt.

Yet you mention the billions we give him? What about the Oil For Food program, known to be corrupt, and the current expose? EVERYBODY was in on that, France, Germany, and they participated in it...yet that's just water under the bridge?

Quote:
Why were you ok with America sending troops to Iraq first? You obviously believe that Saddam had WMDS. If he had them, then why was he only a threat to the US? Why didn't the UK go in first if he was such a threat to the world?
Saddam pledges hatred to America way back before the Gulf War...again, if intelligence shows an anti-American dictator has WMD's, it's time to take him out.

Why didn't the UK go? They did go with us...?

Quote:
Is that supposed to be a joke? You're spitting in the face of people who don't have the money to escape the cities and get into a good school. It's like you don't want anybody to go on with life if they can't get a good education, yet you don't have any solutions (nor does Bush) on how we can help them now, before it's too late.
Feel free to use a voucher from the NCLB act to move, without any charge to you, to a better school.

Quote:
Because that is how America works. There are taxes. We could use that $225 billion that Bush spent on the war with no cause, but, oh wait, too late.
Oh, yeah. Haha. Forgive me for thinking people who work deserve their taxes go to something who benefit workers, as opposed to non-workers entirely.

Quote:
But it should excuse you for criticizing people on welfare. These are the people who will be on welfare. If you aren't willing to help them now, then it will really cost these tax payers (that you seem to feel sympathy for) so much in the future.
Huh? Forgive me for critizing people who depend on SSI, welfare, et al because they don't want to work and can freeload off the taxpayers.

Quote:
Ok. Then why do over half of the high school drop outs happen to be minorities? What's the problem? You tell me.
Wait...if 50% are minorites...

...than the other 50% are white.

Quote:
There are barely any big businesses in America.
:rolleyes:

Quote:
The small businesses represent over 50 % of working people. Why should the other half and the 5 % of big businesses get off easy?
I love these statistics you pull from thin air. You know why outsourcing occurs? Because America is not as business friendly as it used to be, and speaking from an economics perspective, why would a business spend money on American workers if they can pay a chinaman 2 cents to do the same thing?

The government needs to reward businesses that are domestic-workforced, and tariff outsourcing.

Quote:
It's going to skyrocket no matter what, in these next 4 years.
Since you're an economic Miss Cleo, care to look over my portfolio?

Quote:
Um. I didn't say that.
I was being facetious.

Quote:
The only people who I believe should be in jail for life with no parole are people who commit murder. Everyone else can be re-educated, rehabilitated, and brought back into society.
Quick! We'd better let out all the serial rapists, and those convicted on manslaughter, and all the other felons! Hurry! They can be reformed!!!

Quote:
I don't feel anyone with mental problems should be held accountable unless they know what they're doing and the court can prove without a reasonable doubt that they knew it. This is why people that are retarded and have the IQ of a child shouldn't be put on death row or sentenced to life in prison.
Funny...they have the mental capacity/prowess to commit murder, but they are unfit to stand trial and sentencing?

Quote:
I don't find that amusing, as you seem to. People don't realize how addicted they are. These people actually get sick if they don't do a drug they're addicted to. The government should give them one chance to clean themselves up in a rehab. If they mess up after being completely clean, then they go to prison.
Meanwhile, the government gets sued because some prick on a crack-high shoots up a family for drug money...

"but he was reformed! I swear!"

Quote:
Because we try to control them and their oil fields.
Care to take another shot in the dark? Or open a history book?

Quote:
The whole world hates us, but hey, there's a great quote: "Don't hate me because I'm American. Just hate my government. And the President."
I've got a quote for them...

"You'd all be speaking German if it wasn't for us."

Quote:
Because sending troops to Iraq and sending them to Sudan are two TOTALLY different things. There is no one to defend the Sudanese people against the rebels.
Quote:
The country needs money so its' army can fight off the rebels and stop the starvation.
Wait...they don't have anybody to defend them? Then where is the money from France and Germany going?

Go ahead and get yourself out.

Why don't they (international community) SEND IN TROOPS?

Quote:
Do you think the rebels would be able to fight off artillery and armor that the US have?
Not if we pulled all our boys out and dropped a few close-containment warheads on them. Kinda hard to shout "jihad" and "death to America" from inside a microwave.

Quote:
Ok. For some reason, you think I'm talking about strictly trade when I say outsource.
OMG

WHO WOULD'VE THUNK

Outsourcing involves international commerce...

GOODNESS GRACIOUS...

TRADE = INTERNATIONAL COMMERCE

Quote:
I'm referring to American jobs that the President takes away, sends overseas
I wonder whether he prefers FedEx or UPS?

Quote:
hires a foreigner, and then pays them 25 % of what the American worker would get here.
Again, this is economically/fiscally intelligent - why pay minimum wage when you can pay 2 cents to a Chinaman?

The US needs to tariff outsourcing companies and reward domestic-workforced businesses.

You don't know how long I've been waiting to do this.

SHOW ME AN UNBIASED SOURCE

Quote:
2.) Get WMDS

Since there are no WMDS, we are in there right now strictly to get in a new President who 'won't commit genocide,' yet we don't want to help the Sudanese where there is genocide now.
m'kay, for the bajillionth time....

• Logistically, strategically, and fundamentally suicide to war on three fronts with our military being as overburdened as it is. To send troops into Sudan is, in the above ways, like sending a guy to a gunfight with a pocketknife.
  • If this is mass genocide, then the international community should be sending in troops to support the army (that does/does not exist, according to you). They should not be sending money and, in traditional european fashion, hoping America makes the problem go away.

---

My original post was longer and a bit more eloquent, but you get the heart of the idea.

Regards,
Double-J

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80311
11/18/04 07:06 PM
11/18/04 07:06 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Can a mod delete two of those three posts...my connection crapped out, and when I reloaded, it resent in two more times for some reason.

Just leave one, thanks. It's doing the same to me when I try to delete it...my browser hangs.

Thanks

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80312
11/18/04 07:11 PM

Quote:
quote: I'm referring to American jobs that the President takes away, sends overseas

ok I was trying to stay out of this one but that was just too good.

The President does not take jobs away.

Companies are now using 9/11 as a way to LOWER JOBS AND RATES.

The company I worked for paid employees 7.50/hr and managers were 42,000/year before 9/11 making x amount of dollars profit.

I was talking to an old friend from that job. They NOW pay employees $6.75/hr and managers make $10/hr - making DOUBLE THE PROFIT they would have made under the old pay rates.

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80313
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:
Can a mod delete two of those three posts.
Done.

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80314
11/18/04 07:33 PM
11/18/04 07:33 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
As a reminder: Anyone can delete his/her own posts by clicking on the icon of the post(s) in question. Check the "delete post" box and submit.

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80315
11/18/04 09:31 PM
11/18/04 09:31 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
Quote:
Explain to me what determines "intelligent enough to vote for someone." Arbitrarily.

Or does that mean, to be intelligent, you have to support the candidate you wanted to win?
Ok, for example: Say someone wanted to vote for Bush because "he is cool!" (which a lot of kids at my school say) We should ask these people where they stand on abortion, the Iraq war, stem cell research, etc. If they're pro-choice, anti-war, and support stem cell research, then there's a problem. :rolleyes:

Quote:
Really? How come the intelligence for 9/11 was so solid, and you use it to defend your argument, but you hypocritically bash it with regards to Saddam being a threat?

Convenience?
Bush voted to CUT intelligence funding $8 billion AFTER 9/11 and BEFORE the Iraq war!

Quote:
So now intelligence is right? How do you know?
North Korea was accused of setting a WMD off the other month, and Kim Jong and North Korea have admitted that they do have them. What intelligence is needed to prove that? They have them.

Quote:
Maybe you should give him your secret liberal decoder ring!!!
Maybe you should try to be serious.

Quote:
If I was president, and saw intelligence that said Iraq had WMD's and was an imminent threat to the US, I wouldn't hesitate to unilaterally act either. We tried diplomacy. Like we are in N.Korea and Iran. But you want us to war with them?!?
We KNOW that North Korea has WMDs. We DO NOT know if Iraq has them and we aren't as sure Iran has them like we are sure of North Korea. I'm saying if I had to go to war between 1/3 countries, it'd be North Korea.

Quote:
Also, how do you know Iran/N.Korea is a more of a threat? Maybe it's more Bush intelligence lies!!!
You even told me several months ago in private that North Korea had WMDs and if they ever tried anything, they'd take out one of our cities, but then we'd enter North Korea and seize it, so you obviously have the same opinion on North Korea as me.

Quote:
Cover up? Such as?
If they're covering something up, that means that we don't know..not yet anyways.

Quote:
Being connected to Saddam is a black eye, no doubt.
Billions was given to him by the Reagan administration.

Quote:
Yet you mention the billions we give him? What about the Oil For Food program, known to be corrupt, and the current expose? EVERYBODY was in on that, France, Germany, and they participated in it...yet that's just water under the bridge?
What about it? You didn't ask me about it until now. I think that it was wrong for France and Germany to do that, but atleast they didn't go all out like the US and literally hand over money. It wasn't known for several months that Saddam was stealing money from the Oil for Food program.

Quote:
Saddam pledges hatred to America way back before the Gulf War...again, if intelligence shows an anti-American dictator has WMD's, it's time to take him out.
Hmm. Rumsfeld-1983, remember that? Once again, this is Reagan's administration. I think it was DMC who told me a few weeks ago that back when Rumsfeld met with Saddam, we were still trying to work with him. What about Kim Jong's hatred for America?

Quote:
Feel free to use a voucher from the NCLB act to move, without any charge to you, to a better school.
I don't have a problem with my school. Kids at my school have a problem with learning. Do you honestly think they know what this act is? Most of them didn't even know who Dick Cheney was when we watched the debates.

Quote:
Oh, yeah. Haha. Forgive me for thinking people who work deserve their taxes go to something who benefit workers, as opposed to non-workers entirely.
So you'd rather have these unemployed people just get out of the way and die?

Quote:
Huh? Forgive me for critizing people who depend on SSI, welfare, et al because they don't want to work and can freeload off the taxpayers.
Ok, so you're against welfare and re-educating them. How exactly are they supposed to make it if they made a bad choice then?

Quote:
Wait...if 50% are minorites...

...than the other 50% are white.
I said OVER half are minorities. That was also just referring about the Black drop out rate. I can't find the Hispanic or Asian one.

Quote:
I don't know why you think that's funny, but ok.

Quote:
I love these statistics you pull from thin air. You know why outsourcing occurs? Because America is not as business friendly as it used to be, and speaking from an economics perspective, why would a business spend money on American workers if they can pay a chinaman 2 cents to do the same thing?

The government needs to reward businesses that are domestic-workforced, and tariff outsourcing.
These statistics are pulled from my Business Management book. Marketing Essentials, 3rd Edition It's not all about money, DJ. The unemployment rate would drop drastically if people weren't concerned about saving a few extra bucks. BTW, this 'China man' who only gets 25 % of a regular salary, will be part of the lower class. It seems like all you're worried about is getting rid of the middle class and just having an upper and lower class.

Quote:
Since you're an economic Miss Cleo, care to look over my portfolio?
Can't you take anything seriously?

Quote:
Quick! We'd better let out all the serial rapists, and those convicted on manslaughter, and all the other felons! Hurry! They can be reformed!!!
I don't find the subject to be that funny. Honestly, that's not something to joke about. You must not even believe in the 3-Strike Law. One and they're out, I assume?

Quote:
Funny...they have the mental capacity/prowess to commit murder, but they are unfit to stand trial and sentencing?
You're putting words in my mouth. I didn't say that. I said they shouldn't be put in prison for life or be eligible for the death penalty. I never said they shouldn't do any time.

Quote:
Meanwhile, the government gets sued because some prick on a crack-high shoots up a family for drug money...

"but he was reformed! I swear!"
Like I said, they should get one more chance, after that, they go to prison.

Quote:
Care to take another shot in the dark? Or open a history book?
Care to stop joking around? (seriously)

Quote:
I've got a quote for them...

"You'd all be speaking German if it wasn't for us."
So you think that the US should be credited with winning WW II?!!? If it wasn't for Russia joining the Allies, then "we'd be speaking German now," not because of the US!

Quote:
Wait...they don't have anybody to defend them? Then where is the money from France and Germany going?

Go ahead and get yourself out.
I pray that it's going towards food and water.

Quote:
Why don't they (international community) SEND IN TROOPS?
Hopefully they will soon. After that, America will have no choice but to send them in.

Quote:
OMG

WHO WOULD'VE THUNK

Outsourcing involves international commerce...

GOODNESS GRACIOUS...

TRADE = INTERNATIONAL COMMERCE
Ok. I just said that I wasn't referring to any sort of trade when I said outsourcing. No need to type in caps either.

Quote:
I bet some unemployed people in America who lost their job to outsourcing really find that comment funny.

Quote:
Again, this is economically/fiscally intelligent - why pay minimum wage when you can pay 2 cents to a Chinaman?
Because it is the RIGHT thing to do. It's not all about saving money for yourself, DJ. Learn to think of other people.

Quote:
The US needs to tariff outsourcing companies and reward domestic-workforced businesses.
HEAVILY tariff outsourcing companies.

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80316
11/18/04 09:39 PM
11/18/04 09:39 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
Quote:
You don't know how long I've been waiting to do this.

SHOW ME AN UNBIASED SOURCE
Ok, the last 3 were biased, but the first one definetly wasn't. Here's another one, though.
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/20041101/wl_sthasia_afp/us_vote_india_041101134503
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,111287,00.html

Quote:
Logistically, strategically, and fundamentally suicide to war on three fronts with our military being as overburdened as it is. To send troops into Sudan is, in the above ways, like sending a guy to a gunfight with a pocketknife.
Ok. You don't seem to be understanding what I'm saying. I'll post it again:

When I say help RIGHT NOW, I don't mean immediately send in troops. The US should definetlly pouring money into them right now though.

Quote:
If this is mass genocide, then the international community should be sending in troops to support the army (that does/does not exist, according to you). They should not be sending money and, in traditional european fashion, hoping America makes the problem go away.
Ofcourse they have a small army. If there army could defend its' country, then we wouldn't be having this debate right now. -Pat

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80317
11/18/04 10:05 PM
11/18/04 10:05 PM
Signore Sole Aumentante Offline
Capo
Signore Sole Aumentante  Offline
Capo
Quote:
A good example of, once again, a conservative trying to take a shot at Moore where he wasn't mentioned once in the whole thread. Which books of his have you read? Which movies of his have you seen? Oh, wait, you haven't seen any.
I shouldn't bring this old comment up again, but Patrick continues to defend Moore-- thread subject aside-- and will not say why, how, what parts of his movies are real, or anything. Don't even respond to a Moore-bash if you can't even give reason for defending him.

Quote:
Because 1) he's not as bad as Saddam was, 2) he was known not tohave WMD's, 3) he's not connected to terrorists in such resounding ways like Saddam, and 4) he's not in the Middle East where terrorists have a haven.

Quote:
1) Saddam's used them before. 2) he had major terrorist ties that overshadowed the possibilites of the other two. 3) he's in the thick of the Middle East which is why he's more convenient to terrorists than NK, and Iran just didn't seem more of a threat terror wise than Saddam.

Quote:
So, regaurdless of monetary condition, black people and Hispanics are just plain dumber than white people? Well, Hitler would agree with you, but I don't know if those are facts.

Quote:
Give me a break. The world has been spitting on us for a long time, even though the world owes it's freedom to the US (WWII).

Quote:
Sudan.
Yeah i'ts really helping, too. France in particular is a corrupt government, and Chirac is low-life scum.

Quote:
Nope. Put them in a containment camp (a jail that isn't expensive for the tax payer).

Quote:
Because sending troops into a country to kill people (i.e. Iraq) doesn't solve anything. The country needs money so its' army can fight off the rebels and stop the starvation.
So... we should have sent money to the Jews to fight off the Nazis?

Quote:
And I'll ask you again. If we're complaining about having to be the 'first ones to help,' then why were we the ones who insisted on going into Iraq? North Korea and Iran are more of a threat. Hell, I don't even think the 'Iraq threat' can be compared to their's
And you're uninformed on the regime of Saddam Hussein.

Quote:
He did recieve intelligence, less specific than that though. But Clinton was recieving it for 8 years as opposed to Bush's 8 months, so if anyone failed to prevent 9/11, it was Clinton.

Quote:
Because we were sure that Iraw had WMD's. Not to mention reasons above.

Quote:
You mean, for HIS advantage. It was HIS intelligence. I'm sure Bush knew that some intelligence was accurate and some wasn't. If Bush wouldn't have rushed into Iraq, then I don't think a lot of people would dislike the Iraq war, but he DID rush into the war, which is why more and more men keep dying each day.
No, Bush gets intelligence and by the time it gets to the President of the United States it is all supposed to be totally accurate. George Tenet told him there was a "slam-dunk" on WMD's.

Quote:
Saddam had immediate terrorist ties that could have compounded threats were they to get their hands on anything.

Quote:
We gave Saddam billions and billions. Saddam used the money we gave him to buy all of his palaces etc. It's a totally different situation. I have the impression that there's something the US government is trying to cover up.
No we didn't. The UN gave him money. France gave him money.

Quote:
Because the US is much more capable of fighting a war like the Iraq War than the UK. It's no sweat for us to fight a war half-way across the world with huge numbers.

Quote:
Because of culture. Blacks and Hispanics are much much much more englufed in that punk thug crap that you advocate, and as a result they lose morals, intelligence, sense, whatever.

Quote:
The only people who I believe should be in jail for life with no parole are people who commit murder. Everyone else can be re-educated, rehabilitated, and brought back into society
No. Not true. People who commit crimes like child rap and stuff are twisted scum, and shouldn't be brought back into society to do it again.

Quote:
The guy who shot Reagan, Hinckley Jr, should have been met by a firing squad. I don't give a damn if he is retarded, he shot someone (The President of the US by the way), he committed a crime and hurt others, he pays the price.

Quote:
2.) Get WMDS

There were more reasons. I've stated them.

Quote:
Ok, for example: Say someone wanted to vote for Bush because "he is cool!" (which a lot of kids at my school say) We should ask these people where they stand on abortion, the Iraq war, stem cell research, etc. If they're pro-choice, anti-war, and support stem cell research, then there's a problem.
Considering the mass majority of these people support Democrats, I agree with you.

Quote:
Billions was given to him by the Reagan administration.
Back then, Saddam was just a guy running a country, as he had yet to show any genocide or terrorist aspects.

Quote:
So you'd rather have these unemployed people just get out of the way and die?
Everyone should work and get their own taxes benefitted to them.

Quote:
So you think that the US should be credited with winning WW II?!!? If it wasn't for Russia joining the Allies, then "we'd be speaking German now," not because of the US!
Great, my expertise! The US DID win WWII! I'll start a whole new thread for this if you want, but I'm a major WWII historian, I've read over 100 books on the war, I know my WWII history. The US+Britain= defeat of Axis Powers. The USSR+Britain= no defeat of Axis Powers.

"Today I settled all family business, so don't tell me you're innocent, Carlo-" Michael Corleone

"I punks ed i gruppi ed i rappers moderni hanno avuti timore migliore il sole aumentante di questa cosa di il nostro."
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull