GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 323 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,983
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,811
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,553
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,530
Posts1,062,527
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80318
11/18/04 10:57 PM
11/18/04 10:57 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
Quote:
Because 1) he's[Fidel] not as bad as Saddam was, 2) he was known not tohave WMD's, 3) he's not connected to terrorists in such resounding ways like Saddam, and 4) he's not in the Middle East where terrorists have a haven.
1) According to you and other reactionaries, Castro is scum and hates all Americans, just like Saddam.
2) No, but he was known to have missles pointed at us. Cuban Missle Crisis. Is it ringing a bell?
3) There weren't terrorists in Iraq until we entered it.
4) I'm not even going to reply to that. Terrorists are EVERYWHERE, not just the Middle East. I am positive that that are bigger cells of terrorists in some parts of North America and Europe then in some parts of the Middle East.

Quote:
1) Saddam's used them before. 2) he had major terrorist ties that overshadowed the possibilites of the other two. 3) he's in the thick of the Middle East which is why he's more convenient to terrorists than NK, and Iran just didn't seem more of a threat terror wise than Saddam.
1) Ok, and after he used them, there was a war called the Gulf War.
2) Please stop
3) repeating yourself.

Quote:
So, regaurdless of monetary condition, black people and Hispanics are just plain dumber than white people?
Some of them, yes. Same for Whites, but just not as much.

Quote:
Well, Hitler would agree with you, but I don't know if those are facts.
That's a very nice thing to say. :rolleyes:

Quote:
Give me a break. The world has been spitting on us for a long time, even though the world owes it's freedom to the US (WWII).
Why are you repeating DJ?

Quote:
Yeah i'ts really helping, too. France in particular is a corrupt government, and Chirac is low-life scum.
What about French people who hate the US and think Bush is a 'low-life scum?' No wonder they don't like us. It's people like you who set a bad example.

Quote:
Nope. Put them in a containment camp (a jail that isn't expensive for the tax payer).
How do the tax payers feel about spending extra money for Bush's lost causes?

Quote:
So... we should have sent money to the Jews to fight off the Nazis?
This has already been discussed numerous times here. Sudan and Nazi-Germany are 2 different ball parks.

Quote:
And you're uninformed on the regime of Saddam Hussein.
Yeh, my difference in opinion means I'm wrong.

Quote:
He did recieve intelligence, less specific than that though.
Condoleezza Rice: "I believe the title was 'Bin Laden Determined to Attack Inside the United States.' "
http://www.cnn.com/virtual/editions/europe/2000/roof/change.pop/frameset.exclude.html

Quote:
Because we were sure that Iraw had WMD's. Not to mention reasons above.
So sure that we can't find them? :p

Quote:
No, Bush gets intelligence and by the time it gets to the President of the United States it is all supposed to be totally accurate. George Tenet told him there was a "slam-dunk" on WMD's
I blame his WHOLE administration, not George Bush alone, but at the end of the day, it's up to him to propose to go to war. George Tenet must've dunked after the buzzer went off.

Quote:
Saddam had immediate terrorist ties that could have compounded threats were they to get their hands on anything.
Oh yeh? Source? Unbiased? Thanks.

Quote:
No we didn't. The UN gave him money. France gave him money.
Show me. Thanks.

Quote:
Because the US is much more capable of fighting a war like the Iraq War than the UK. It's no sweat for us to fight a war half-way across the world with huge numbers.
Over 1000 dead and thousands more wounded = 'no sweat?' What was your stance on the Vietnam War again? :p

Quote:
Because of culture. Blacks and Hispanics are much much much more englufed in that punk thug crap that you advocate, and as a result they lose morals, intelligence, sense, whatever.
I am done talking with you. You seem to blame everything on thugs and punks, yet don't know the true definition. I have responded to you with respect, yet you continue to insult my beliefs with no remorse. -Pat

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80319
11/19/04 12:52 AM
11/19/04 12:52 AM
Signore Sole Aumentante Offline
Capo
Signore Sole Aumentante  Offline
Capo
Quote:
1) According to you and other reactionaries, Castro is scum and hates all Americans, just like Saddam.
2) No, but he was known to have missles pointed at us. Cuban Missle Crisis. Is it ringing a bell?
3) There weren't terrorists in Iraq until we entered it.
4) I'm not even going to reply to that. Terrorists are EVERYWHERE, not just the Middle East. I am positive that that are bigger cells of terrorists in some parts of North America and Europe then in some parts of the Middle East.
You take evertyhing out of it's context and rely on one-liners to keep up in debates.

I meant Castro wasn't as bad as Saddam in his own ruling, i.e. genocide, not hatred for us.
The Cuban Missile Crisis was 40 years ago, Pat, and we didn't have intelligence that said he had WMD's.
There were terrorists in Iraq!!!! This is angering me. The regime, for one, were terrorists. There were Al Quaida, Hammas, etc. connections with Saddam in abundance!
The terrorists come in VAST majority from Mid East, hence a Mid East haven for them to train, operate, get weapons, etc. is more of a concern then a place half way around the world from their hot spots.

Quote:
1) Ok, and after he used them, there was a war called the Gulf War.
2) Please stop
3) repeating yourself.
Yeah, the Gulf War. And after that war, he remained in power, people continued to die, and he had technology enough to create such weapons. I'd stop repeating myself if you'd stop falsifying reasons to go to Iraq.

Quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, regaurdless of monetary condition, black people and Hispanics are just plain dumber than white people?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some of them, yes. Same for Whites, but just not as much.
So some blacks ansd Hispanics are just simply dumber than whites? Okay... but "same for whites?" What are you talking about? Some white people are plain dumber than white people but not as much? I'm lost.

Quote:
quote:
Well, Hitler would agree with you, but I don't know if those are facts.

That's a very nice thing to say.
No, it's not a nice thing, Pat. True however, considering your view that "some" Black people and Hispanics are just naturally dumber than White people.

Quote:
quote:
Give me a break. The world has been spitting on us for a long time, even though the world owes it's freedom to the US (WWII).

Why are you repeating DJ?
I'm not. If I am, I didn't even see his comment. I'm simply stating a fact-- the world has been spitting on us for a long time, disliking us, and for what?

Quote:
What about French people who hate the US and think Bush is a 'low-life scum?' No wonder they don't like us. It's people like you who set a bad example.
Do some research, pal. Chirac is as corrupt as they come. He's good friends with Saddam, and has done major business with him, selling him weapons, jets. And I'm not talking about the 70's or 80's business, I'm talking business right before Operation Iraqi Freedom. Chirac hates America, and constantly undermines us.

Quote:
How do the tax payers feel about spending extra money for Bush's lost causes?
Like what? Iraq? Good one.

Quote:
This has already been discussed numerous times here. Sudan and Nazi-Germany are 2 different ball parks.
No, not in the context of what your comment was. you said:
"Because sending troops into a country to kill people (i.e. Iraq) doesn't solve anything. The country needs money so its' army can fight off the rebels and stop the starvation."
Same thing is happening in Sudan. It's genocide, and it's stopped by sending in soldiers. I don't see how sending these guys money is different than sending Jews or Poland money in WWII.

Quote:
quote:
And you're uninformed on the regime of Saddam Hussein.

Yeh, my difference in opinion means I'm wrong.
No, I'm saying you're uninformed about the regime of Saddam Hussein. You don't know a lot about it is what I'm saying. It seems to me you aren't familiar with the terrorist ties it had or how it operated.

Quote:
Condoleezza Rice: "I believe the title was 'Bin Laden Determined to Attack Inside the United States.' "
Yeah, now go out and stop it. It's not exactly specific enough to get the problem ironed out. Airport security, Arab people extra screening, etc. would've helped though. Nevertheless, Clinton had 8 years Bush had 8 months so don't blame it on Bush like so many liberals do. After all, if we're going to point at Bush for getting memos linked to Bin laden, let's not forget Clinton's turned down offer from Sudan to get Bin laden turned over to the Saudi government.

Quote:
quote:
Because we were sure that Iraw had WMD's. Not to mention reasons above.

So sure that we can't find them?
Again, you take it out of context. You commented on NK and Iran having WMDs and we weren't sure about Iraq. I said we were sure, which we were, from CIA and MI6 intel. Turns out, it was bad intel.

Quote:
I blame his WHOLE administration, not George Bush alone, but at the end of the day, it's up to him to propose to go to war. George Tenet must've dunked after the buzzer went off.
Blame the CIA and British Intel and Russian Intel, then because they got the intelligence reports. Bush and his Cabinet aren't out in the field disguised or operating sattelite imagery of the Mid East. Yeah, it's up to him to go to war, and.... you're not really connecting your dots. One-liners.... tsk tsk.

Quote:
quote:
Saddam had immediate terrorist ties that could have compounded threats were they to get their hands on anything.

Oh yeh? Source? Unbiased? Thanks
I won't even direct you to a site, since you'll make it biased. Off the top of my head, Saddam trained Hamas members, he trained Abu Abbas,Abu Nidal, he gave asylum to Al-Zarqawi ( the Al Quaida # 2 in charge guy and the man responsible for all the beheadings in IRAQ) and gave him medical treatment, let him open up a terror training camp in Iraq.

One site that covers a few of the ties is this:
Saddam-Terrorist Connections

Quote:
quote:
No we didn't. The UN gave him money. France gave him money.

Show me. Thanks.
Man... have you ever heard of Google or a library? Just look it up I'm tired of checking my sources when I type.

Quote:
Over 1000 dead and thousands more wounded = 'no sweat?' What was your stance on the Vietnam War again?
No sweat in that is can be done by us. UK cannot do what we can in employing huge Armies across the world, and fast. We have larger numbers and better technology, that's why we went led the Iraq war. Vietnam was totally unecessary and a huge mistake.

Quote:
quote:
Because of culture. Blacks and Hispanics are much much much more englufed in that punk thug crap that you advocate, and as a result they lose morals, intelligence, sense, whatever.

I am done talking with you. You seem to blame everything on thugs and punks, yet don't know the true definition. I have responded to you with respect, yet you continue to insult my beliefs with no remorse. -Pat
Alright. You obviously won't toy with the idea that Eminem and his pals aren't good for society or morals. If you think that is an insult to your beliefs, fine. I think Eminem (and his type) is a thug with no morality.... oohh, what a remorseless thing to say. I'll take TV Land morals, thanks.

If you won't talk with me anymore, fine. Let's leave it at this. Any unbiased 3rd party can come through, read our posts, and make up their own decision on who won this debate.

"Today I settled all family business, so don't tell me you're innocent, Carlo-" Michael Corleone

"I punks ed i gruppi ed i rappers moderni hanno avuti timore migliore il sole aumentante di questa cosa di il nostro."
Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80320
11/19/04 05:35 AM
11/19/04 05:35 AM
The Bright Side Of The Road
S
Senza Mama Offline
Underboss
Senza Mama  Offline
S
Underboss
The Bright Side Of The Road
Is anyone else losing the will to live??

Tom: "They shot Sonny on the causeway...he's dead."
Michael: "Turnbull is a good man"
Shane MacGowan: "It was Christmas Eve babe, in the drunk tank"
Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80321
11/19/04 08:43 AM
11/19/04 08:43 AM
It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Senza Mama:
Is anyone else losing the will to live??
Yup. Everyone arguing just look like tits. Politics brings out the worst in people.

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80322
11/19/04 08:49 AM
11/19/04 08:49 AM
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

Oh but by the way. I always look like a tit so you're in good company.

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80323
11/19/04 11:14 AM
11/19/04 11:14 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Patrick, you're so misguided and brainwashed it's truly pathetic. I don't even have the heart to dislike you anymore, only to pity you.

What a waste of potential and intelligence.

Ah, well...you're very young and there's still time for you to open your eyes. Best of luck!

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80324
11/19/04 02:49 PM
11/19/04 02:49 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Ok, for example: Say someone wanted to vote for Bush because "he is cool!" (which a lot of kids at my school say) We should ask these people where they stand on abortion, the Iraq war, stem cell research, etc. If they're pro-choice, anti-war, and support stem cell research, then there's a problem.
So you're basically discriminating against peoples opinions and motivations behind voting.

That doesn't sound like a good reason to institute a poll "quiz."

Quote:
Bush voted to CUT intelligence funding $8 billion AFTER 9/11 and BEFORE the Iraq war!
Cite? Also, what about Kerry's numberous votes to cut intelligence, and Clinton, hell, he had hearings and panels to eliminate weapons and such that we are using in Iraq! Torecelli Principle? Do a google search for that.

Quote:
North Korea was accused of setting a WMD off the other month, and Kim Jong and North Korea have admitted that they do have them. What intelligence is needed to prove that? They have them.
They admitted it. BUT HOW DO YOU KNOW THEY HAVE THEM...[/facetious]

Quote:
Maybe you should try to be serious.
As soon as you're opinions on intelligence become less laughable.

Quote:
We KNOW that North Korea has WMDs. We DO NOT know if Iraq has them and we aren't as sure Iran has them like we are sure of North Korea. I'm saying if I had to go to war between 1/3 countries, it'd be North Korea.
So you want to unilaterally attack a nation because they have WMD's, instead of using diplomacy?

You're very lost. You say that's the reason we shouldn't have war in Iraq, but that's exactly what you want to do with N.Korea.

Quote:
You even told me several months ago in private that North Korea had WMDs and if they ever tried anything, they'd take out one of our cities, but then we'd enter North Korea and seize it, so you obviously have the same opinion on North Korea as me.
No, I'm just trying to prove your hypocritical stance on attacking N.Korea unilaterally but not Iraq, despite your basis that "N.Korea has weapons, Iraq didn't."

Quote:
If they're covering something up, that means that we don't know..not yet anyways.
Well then guesstimate for me.

Quote:
Billions was given to him by the Reagan administration.
M'kay. What about Carter and the Shah of Iran? How about Clinton, and him letting Bin Laden go? Whoops.

Again, I said it was a black eye.

Quote:
I think that it was wrong for France and Germany to do that, but atleast they didn't go all out like the US and literally hand over money.
Yeah, we'd rather be legal and support a leader we'd like to see be pro-American, instead of depriving millions of Iraqis by corrupting an international aid program.

Hmm...

legit contributions...

vs...

corrupt foreign aid...

yes, we clearly are worse than the French government.

Quote:
It wasn't known for several months that Saddam was stealing money from the Oil for Food program.
Where have you been? It's been suspected and researched since the early years of it's execution.

Quote:
Hmm. Rumsfeld-1983, remember that? Once again, this is Reagan's administration. I think it was DMC who told me a few weeks ago that back when Rumsfeld met with Saddam, we were still trying to work with him. What about Kim Jong's hatred for America?
As I said before, we had hoped that Saddam would be a pro-American leader, or at least, neutral.

We had no influence over Kim Jung Il's succession over his father, Kim Il Sung.

Quote:
I don't have a problem with my school. Kids at my school have a problem with learning. Do you honestly think they know what this act is? Most of them didn't even know who Dick Cheney was when we watched the debates.
If you don't have a problem, why are you complaining? If someone doesn't want to learn, we can't force them. But by that same token, we shouldn't have to support your deadbeat ass once you come of age and can't get a job because you didn't graduate from high school.

Quote:
So you'd rather have these unemployed people just get out of the way and die?
I'm talking about the people who are perpetually on welfare, with no intention of ever getting off. Genuinely unemployed people are clearly different.

Quote:
Ok, so you're against welfare and re-educating them. How exactly are they supposed to make it if they made a bad choice then?
Don't fuck up in the first place. I mean, we aren't talking misdemeanors, we're talking rapists, murderers; the scum of the earth.

Quote:
I said OVER half are minorities. That was also just referring about the Black drop out rate. I can't find the Hispanic or Asian one.
M'kay...so explain to me how this is a Bush Administration problem...or fault...

Quote:
I don't know why you think that's funny, but ok.
You claim there is no more big business left in America, but the top 10 world businesses are as follows (as of 2002):

1.) Wal-Mart (U.S.): $219.8 Million
2.) Exxon Mobil (U.S.): $191.6 Million
3.) General Motors (U.S.): $177.3 Million
4.) BP (UK): $174.3 Million
5.) Ford Motor (U.S.): $162.4 Million
6.) Enron (U.S., defunct): $138.8 Million
7.) DaimlerChrysler (U.S./Germany): $136.9 Million
8.) RoyalDutch/Shell (Netherlands): $135.2 Million
9.) General Electric (U.S.): $125.9 Million
10.) Toyota Motor (JPN): $120.8 Million

*Source: "Microeconomics" 6th Ed., Boyes and Melvin.

No big business left in America, eh?

:rolleyes:

Quote:
These statistics are pulled from my Business Management book. Marketing Essentials, 3rd Edition It's not all about money, DJ.
And I'm supposed to know this when you don't cite?

Quote:
The unemployment rate would drop drastically if people weren't concerned about saving a few extra bucks.
Oh yeah. That's right, because according to you, we can ALL RELY ON SOCIAL SECURITY...

Explain to me how people are saving if they are unemployed... :rolleyes:

Quote:
BTW, this 'China man' who only gets 25 % of a regular salary, will be part of the lower class. It seems like all you're worried about is getting rid of the middle class and just having an upper and lower class.
Really? The China man would be in China. IN CHINA.

And I want to see more power given to the middle class, less restrictions on business in America, protection of domestic companies, and less of this welfare society we have currently lived in since the Clinton administration.

Quote:
Can't you take anything seriously?
Not when I find it redundant.

Quote:
I don't find the subject to be that funny. Honestly, that's not something to joke about. You must not even believe in the 3-Strike Law. One and they're out, I assume?
I think we need a stronger penal system. The 3-strike? So explain to me how this is fair to the businesses the guy robs, especially the third?

Quote:
You're putting words in my mouth. I didn't say that. I said they shouldn't be put in prison for life or be eligible for the death penalty. I never said they shouldn't do any time.
And I'm saying, if you feel they don't have the mental capacity to serve life or be executed, then explain to me how they have the capacity to be a sociopath.

Quote:
Like I said, they should get one more chance, after that, they go to prison.
Every case is unique.

That being said, what do you say to the parents of a little girl that gets shot up by the crack dealer who just got out and is reclaiming his "territory" and she got in the way? "Oh, he desertved a second chance?"

Quote:
Care to stop joking around? (seriously)
See my above responses.

Quote:
So you think that the US should be credited with winning WW II?!!? If it wasn't for Russia joining the Allies, then "we'd be speaking German now," not because of the US!
You know Russia was originally on their side, right?

The British and French were getting creamed until US involvement.

Again, you put plenty of emphasis on the Russians when the US had a much more substantial role.

Quote:
I pray that it's going towards food and water.
So it's the bucket collecting the dripping water from the faucet, but not the wrench needed to fix it?

I hope you get the analogy.

Quote:
Hopefully they will soon. After that, America will have no choice but to send them in.
You seem to take some smug pride, as if europe sending troops in somehow makes them better than America.

Fuck Europe.

If they actually cared, they would've acted by now.

Quote:
Ok. I just said that I wasn't referring to any sort of trade when I said outsourcing. No need to type in caps either.
And I'm saying the whole point of outsourcing is trade.

Get it?

Quote:
I bet some unemployed people in America who lost their job to outsourcing really find that comment funny.
w00t.

Quote:
Because it is the RIGHT thing to do. It's not all about saving money for yourself, DJ. Learn to think of other people.
Yes. I love to see that. Look at my grandfather, WWII vet, paid into Social Security all his life, but when he came of age, and got sick, HE DIDN'T SEE A DIME.

I forgot. It's not all about yourself.

We need to work our balls off to support those who don't.

Silly me.

Quote:
HEAVILY tariff outsourcing companies.
That's fine with me.

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80325
11/19/04 02:58 PM
11/19/04 02:58 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Again...outsourcing is bad, which we agree on. I don't think it's right that America outsources, but it's also a business evil, and not necessarily something new.

I would like to see Bush be more anti-outsourcing.

Quote:
Since there are no WMDS, we are in there right now strictly to get in a new President who 'won't commit genocide,' yet we don't want to help the Sudanese where there is genocide now.
So we should just leave the country without a stable government, in a warzone militia state?

Quote:
When I say help RIGHT NOW, I don't mean immediately send in troops.
:rolleyes:

WHEN I SAY DO IT NOW, THAT MEANS 'DO IT LATER...MUCH LATER...'

Quote:
If there army could defend its' country, then we wouldn't be having this debate right now. -Pat
So why isn't Europe, most of which not dedicating troops to Iraq/Afghanistan, send their armies to Sudan??????

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80326
11/19/04 04:47 PM
11/19/04 04:47 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
Quote:
So you're basically discriminating against peoples opinions and motivations behind voting.

That doesn't sound like a good reason to institute a poll "quiz."
DJ--Let's say that you're against the Iraq war, for abortion, for taxing the wealthy, and for stem cell research, but you vote for Kerry because you think that he's for these things and get the 2 canidates mixed up.

Quote:
Cite? Also, what about Kerry's numberous votes to cut intelligence, and Clinton, hell, he had hearings and panels to eliminate weapons and such that we are using in Iraq! Torecelli Principle? Do a google search for that.
Why do I need a site? Yo obviously know the cut I'm talking about. Both Kerry AND Bush voted for cutting. I don't see what Kerry or Clinton have to do with this, but alright.

Quote:
They admitted it. BUT HOW DO YOU KNOW THEY HAVE THEM...[/facetious]
How do we know they don't? I'm going to take someone's word over intelligence that has proven to be wrong in the past.

Quote:
So you want to unilaterally attack a nation because they have WMD's, instead of using diplomacy?

You're very lost. You say that's the reason we shouldn't have war in Iraq, but that's exactly what you want to do with N.Korea.
Diplomacy isn't working in North Korea. When was the last time Kim Jong even wanted to speak with us? Oh yeh, June. We'd have a lot more support for a war against North Korea then the war in Iraq.

Quote:
No, I'm just trying to prove your hypocritical stance on attacking N.Korea unilaterally but not Iraq, despite your basis that "N.Korea has weapons, Iraq didn't."
For the 30th time, I don't want us going to war with anyone, but I said, if we had to go to war with either Iran, Iraq, or North Korea, I would've picked North Korea. What part of that aren't you getting?

Quote:
Well then guesstimate for me.
You think I'm a fortune teller or something? Let me look into my magic 8 ball. :rolleyes:

Quote:
M'kay. What about Carter and the Shah of Iran? How about Clinton, and him letting Bin Laden go? Whoops.

Again, I said it was a black eye.
How about Reagan giving $3 billion to the Taliban and Bin Laden, along with CIA training to fight off the Soviets? How about Bush Sr. letting Saddam go? How many times did Bush go to Israel to meet with both Sharon and Arafat to try and make peace? Bush should be happy Arafat died. If, by some slim chance there can be peace, now's the time to do it. Let's see how long it takes Bush to realize it.

Quote:
Yeah, we'd rather be legal and support a leader we'd like to see be pro-American, instead of depriving millions of Iraqis by corrupting an international aid program.

Hmm...

legit contributions...

vs...

corrupt foreign aid...

yes, we clearly are worse than the French government.
If anyone though Saddam would be pro-American, then that's there problem. I don't trust a single one of those bastards in the Middle East, let alone a dictator.

Quote:
Where have you been? It's been suspected and researched since the early years of it's execution.
The early YEARS. My exact point. I said that in its' first few months, nothing was recognized.

Quote:
As I said before, we had hoped that Saddam would be a pro-American leader, or at least, neutral.
Is this why we gave $3 billion to the Taliban and Bin Laden too? Were trying to make them pro-American, or is our country just so prejudice over communism, that they took terrorism instead?

Quote:
If you don't have a problem, why are you complaining? If someone doesn't want to learn, we can't force them. But by that same token, we shouldn't have to support your deadbeat ass once you come of age and can't get a job because you didn't graduate from high school.
We can force them until they're an adult.
There are also vo-tech schools that kids can go too.

Quote:
I'm talking about the people who are perpetually on welfare, with no intention of ever getting off. Genuinely unemployed people are clearly different.
That's why welfare needs to be more strict, as I've been saying the last few months. The government should make certain committees to look into the people who've been on welfare a long time and try to get them a job. If these committees can get them a job, but then the person loses it, then we need to decide what to do with him/her.

Quote:
Don't fuck up in the first place. I mean, we aren't talking misdemeanors, we're talking rapists, murderers; the scum of the earth.
So if a guy rapes a girl when he's 17 and is sentenced to 25 years in prison, but serves 20, he shouldn't get another chance at age 37?

Quote:
M'kay...so explain to me how this is a Bush Administration problem...or fault...
It's whoever made that God damn NCLB Act's fault. They need to appoint someone young who understands the youth.

Quote:
You claim there is no more big business left in America
Oh really? I remember saying that 95 % of businesses in America are small. When did I mention the other 5 %?

Quote:
Oh yeah. That's right, because according to you, we can ALL RELY ON SOCIAL SECURITY...

Explain to me how people are saving if they are unemployed...
Explain to me why people are unemployed and you don't think the unemployed should get welfare, AND I mean ALL unemployed.

Quote:
Really? The China man would be in China. IN CHINA.
Oh, I thought he'd be in Vietnam. No crap. :rolleyes:

Quote:
And I want to see more power given to the middle class, less restrictions on business in America, protection of domestic companies, and less of this welfare society we have currently lived in since the Clinton administration.
I want more power to the middle AND lower classes, MORE restrictions on businesses in America, lower taxes on domestic companies, and enough welfare that all people can live on.

Quote:
I think we need a stronger penal system. The 3-strike? So explain to me how this is fair to the businesses the guy robs, especially the third?
Ok, so explain some sentences to me in these situations. What if a 19 year old kid looking for a job and getting cuts on welfare goes out and robs a store at gun point so that he can get enough money to feed him and his sister? It's his first offense.

Quote:
And I'm saying, if you feel they don't have the mental capacity to serve life or be executed, then explain to me how they have the capacity to be a sociopath.
They can be counseled years and years.

Quote:
That being said, what do you say to the parents of a little girl that gets shot up by the crack dealer who just got out and is reclaiming his "territory" and she got in the way? "Oh, he desertved a second chance?"
Depends if the little girl dies. Depends if he was aiming for someone else. Like you said, all cases are different.

Quote:
You know Russia was originally on their side, right?
No, they weren't. Russia was on NO ONE'S side. They signed a treaty with Germany (can't think of the name) saying that as long as Germany didn't go on their soil, Russia wouldn't get involved. Germany attacked them for their wheat and oil supplies breaking the treaty, therefore Russia joined the allies and led them to victory.

Quote:
And the Americans were getting creamed by the Japanese for the first 6 months after Pearl Harbor too.

Quote:
Again, you put plenty of emphasis on the Russians when the US had a much more substantial role.
EVERY allie had a substantial role, but without Russia, the Axis Powers would've won.

Quote:
You seem to take some smug pride, as if europe sending troops in somehow makes them better than America.
Name a European military that can even compete with America's.

Quote:
Fuck Europe.
No wonder the world hates us. You and your side just want to spit on them. You wish not to be their friends. How would people in the UK take this? Poland?

Quote:
If they actually cared, they would've acted by now.
Hmm. But I thought we had this big coalition for the Iraq war? :rolleyes:

Quote:
Yes. I love to see that. Look at my grandfather, WWII vet, paid into Social Security all his life, but when he came of age, and got sick, HE DIDN'T SEE A DIME.

I forgot. It's not all about yourself.

We need to work our balls off to support those who don't.
And healthcare and medicare premiums have sky rocketed. Blaming it all on SS is idiotic.

Quote:
So we should just leave the country without a stable government, in a warzone militia state?
Do you think it'll stay a democracy if we ever make it one?

Quote:
So why isn't Europe, most of which not dedicating troops to Iraq/Afghanistan, send their armies to Sudan??????
Because today the UN successfully helped organize a peace deal that will go into afect as of December 31st.

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80327
11/19/04 05:20 PM
11/19/04 05:20 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
DJ--Let's say that you're against the Iraq war, for abortion, for taxing the wealthy, and for stem cell research, but you vote for Kerry because you think that he's for these things and get the 2 canidates mixed up.
Did you ever read the publication by the League of Women voters? They clearly outline these types of issues. You can pick up a copy of this at a local library or town hall, they are a nonpartisan (well...in all honesty, a smidgen liberal) organization.

Problem solved.

Quote:
Why do I need a site? Yo obviously know the cut I'm talking about. Both Kerry AND Bush voted for cutting. I don't see what Kerry or Clinton have to do with this, but alright.
What do Kerry and Clinton have to do with this? They've all cut defense, but Clinton cut the defense in record numbers.

Quote:
How do we know they don't? I'm going to take someone's word over intelligence that has proven to be wrong in the past.
I need a big stamp that says "facetious" in bold.

Quote:
Diplomacy isn't working in North Korea. When was the last time Kim Jong even wanted to speak with us? Oh yeh, June. We'd have a lot more support for a war against North Korea then the war in Iraq.
Err...but diplomacy was working in Iraq, RIGHT?!?

Oh yeh. Hehe. Convenience in your arguments.

Europe wouldn't support us against N.Korea. You have no idea what european elitism and politics entails, clearly by your support for the world community.

Quote:
For the 30th time, I don't want us going to war with anyone, but I said, if we had to go to war with either Iran, Iraq, or North Korea, I would've picked North Korea. What part of that aren't you getting?
Apparently you're not getting the idea that your argument is redundant, by being against a unilateral war and then being for another in the same context.

Quote:
You think I'm a fortune teller or something? Let me look into my magic 8 ball.
Good. I just wanted you to see that you clearly know less about what's going on than the President and the government.

Quote:
How about Reagan giving $3 billion to the Taliban and Bin Laden, along with CIA training to fight off the Soviets?
Gee, since we weren't at war with those "nice" Soviets, we're we? And plus, the Soviets were having fun with their massacre of Afghanistan and such, why not support an anti-Soviet movement?

Quote:
If, by some slim chance there can be peace, now's the time to do it. Let's see how long it takes Bush to realize it.
w00t. How many times did you boy Clinton go, and NOTHING HAPPENED. Hmm...your argument is futile.

Quote:
I said that in its' first few months, nothing was recognized.
And how long ago was that?!? Chronological negligence, and also, convience for those who profited from the corruption.

Quote:
Is this why we gave $3 billion to the Taliban and Bin Laden too? Were trying to make them pro-American, or is our country just so prejudice over communism, that they took terrorism instead?
Sorry. During the Cold War, Russia WAS the terrorists.

Goodness gracious, I seriously wonder whether you get all your fodder from some liberal tightwad who teaches you basic world history at your school.

Quote:
We can force them until they're an adult.
There are also vo-tech schools that kids can go too.
Until the age of 16, we have truency laws. But if the kid doesn't work anyways, then what?

Quote:
That's why welfare needs to be more strict, as I've been saying the last few months.
Really? Where?

Quote:
The government should make certain committees to look into the people who've been on welfare a long time and try to get them a job. If these committees can get them a job, but then the person loses it, then we need to decide what to do with him/her.
Better yet, rather than dump more money into a committee, we could STOP GIVING PEOPLE MONEY and force them to get off their asses if they've been on or no longer meet the qualifications. And reform SSI as long as we're at it.

Quote:
So if a guy rapes a girl when he's 17 and is sentenced to 25 years in prison, but serves 20, he shouldn't get another chance at age 37?
Another chance to rape some other innocent girl?

Quote:
It's whoever made that God damn NCLB Act's fault. They need to appoint someone young who understands the youth.
I thought, according to you, the youth were apathetic and didn't care about their education.

Which is it Pat?

And please, refrain from taking God's name in vain. I don't tolerate blasphemy well, especially as a Catholic.

Quote:
Oh really? I remember saying that 95 % of businesses in America are small. When did I mention the other 5 %?
Right here...

Quote:
There are barely any big businesses in America.
My statistics also proved your argument wrong there, as well.

Quote:
Oh, I thought he'd be in Vietnam. No crap.
Then why did you say he'd be in the American lower-class. :rolleyes:

Quote:
I want more power to the middle AND lower classes, MORE restrictions on businesses in America, lower taxes on domestic companies, and enough welfare that all people can live on.
Haha...yeah. Restrict business, since the economy is clearly flourishing. And also...welfare for everyone?

Let's give everyone money so they don't have to work...

...but where will the money come from if nobody works...

...oh shit, we should've thought of that!

Quote:
Ok, so explain some sentences to me in these situations. What if a 19 year old kid looking for a job and getting cuts on welfare goes out and robs a store at gun point so that he can get enough money to feed him and his sister? It's his first offense.
First of all, I did say, and I quote..."every case is unique."

However, up until you just specified and mentioned that case, you've left it quite ambiguous.

Quote:
They can be counseled years and years.
All costing the taxpayers millions each year...

Quote:
Depends if the little girl dies. Depends if he was aiming for someone else. Like you said, all cases are different.
Let's not rationalize. So if she doesn't die, or was aiming for someone else, it's okay?

Wow.

Do you have ANY concept of right or wrong?

Quote:
No, they weren't. Russia was on NO ONE'S side. They signed a treaty with Germany (can't think of the name) saying that as long as Germany didn't go on their soil, Russia wouldn't get involved.
It was called the "Nonagression Pact," for those who don't bother to open a book.

Quote:
Germany attacked them for their wheat and oil supplies breaking the treaty, therefore Russia joined the allies and led them to victory.
Meanwhile, Stalin was committing mass genocide across his own country as well. Maybe that's why...he was a tad busy himself with dead bodies.

Quote:
And the Americans were getting creamed by the Japanese for the first 6 months after Pearl Harbor too.
w00t. Then we kicked ass at Midway, and thusly taught them a lesson thereafter.

Quote:
EVERY allie had a substantial role, but without Russia, the Axis Powers would've won.
w00t (again). Before you were saying how Russia won the entire war. Now each has a substantial role?

Again, I don't know who fed you this stuff at one point of another, but you are overemphasizing the Russian involvement to the success of the Allies efforts against the Axis powers.

Quote:
Name a European military that can even compete with America's.
So what? That means they can't send troops?

Quote:
No wonder the world hates us. You and your side just want to spit on them. You wish not to be their friends. How would people in the UK take this? Poland?
w00t! The world hates us because America is the greatest country, period. A champion of human rights and personal freedoms. The Middle East hates us because we support Israel. Europe hates us because we didn't have to go throught a bajillion revolutions to emerge as a powerful nation, and they are a bunch of elitist prats.

I don't care about Europe. Like I've said before, I'd like to see a move back to some isolationism.

Quote:
Hmm. But I thought we had this big coalition for the Iraq war?
Yeah! And what are the NONCOALITION countries doing? Playing with their dicks?

Quote:
And healthcare and medicare premiums have sky rocketed. Blaming it all on SS is idiotic.
Yeah...I forgot. You think Social Security is a perfect system.

You're history teacher is bloody amazing.

Quote:
Do you think it'll stay a democracy if we ever make it one?
If nothing else, this proves you didn't read my statement in the now notorious other thread. Try reading it, and then get back to me.

Quote:
Because today the UN successfully helped organize a peace deal that will go into afect as of December 31st.
w00t.

Who will enforce it, ideologue?

Regards,
Double-J

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80328
11/19/04 06:00 PM
11/19/04 06:00 PM
Capo
Capo
Quote:
No, they weren't. Russia was on NO ONE'S side. They signed a treaty with Germany (can't think of the name) saying that as long as Germany didn't go on their soil, Russia wouldn't get involved. Germany attacked them for their wheat and oil supplies breaking the treaty, therefore Russia joined the allies and led them to victory.
I have to intervein here... Russia was allied with Germany, and they invaded Poland from the East while Germany invaded Poland from the West. Then later Hitler ordered Operation Barbarossa and invaded Russia.

Quote:

France was completely conquered, and Britain was getting creamed. But no, the Americans were not getting creamed for the first 6 months after Pearl Harbor. The PH attack crippled most of our Pacific defenses, but the US quickly went on the offensive. If anything, it was a stalemate until Midway. The War in Europe started in 1939, and the US didn't go in until 1942. The Germans were creaming the British and already bombed the hell out of London. It was only a matter of time before a ground invasion.

Quote:
Seriosuly, research WWII. I know this subject better than anything; without Russia, the US and Britain would have defeated the Axis Powers. Without the US, there would have been NO Western offensive. Without the US, Russia and Britain wouldn't have defeated the Axis Powers.

"Today I settled all family business, so don't tell me you're innocent, Carlo-" Michael Corleone

"I punks ed i gruppi ed i rappers moderni hanno avuti timore migliore il sole aumentante di questa cosa di il nostro."
Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80329
11/19/04 10:48 PM
11/19/04 10:48 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
Quote:
Did you ever read the publication by the League of Women voters? They clearly outline these types of issues. You can pick up a copy of this at a local library or town hall, they are a nonpartisan (well...in all honesty, a smidgen liberal) organization.

Problem solved.
Yeh, EVERY SINGLE American will do that. :rolleyes:

Quote:
What do Kerry and Clinton have to do with this? They've all cut defense, but Clinton cut the defense in record numbers.
If you want to talk record numbers, let's talk about how Clinton slashed the deficit in HALF, while Bush has the highest one ever.

Quote:
Err...but diplomacy was working in Iraq, RIGHT?!?
It's working in Iran and North Korea though, right?

Quote:
You have no idea what european elitism and politics entails, clearly by your support for the world community.
And you have no idea about what could happen with the future of our country if you want it handled the way you do.

Quote:
Apparently you're not getting the idea that your argument is redundant, by being against a unilateral war and then being for another in the same context.
It's not the same context.

Quote:
Good. I just wanted you to see that you clearly know less about what's going on than the President and the government.
Of course I know less than the government, but saying I know less then the President is stretching it.

Quote:
Gee, since we weren't at war with those "nice" Soviets, we're we? And plus, the Soviets were having fun with their massacre of Afghanistan and such, why not support an anti-Soviet movement?
Hey, while we're at it, lets give money to the Palestinian terrorists in Israel too!

Quote:
w00t. How many times did you boy Clinton go, and NOTHING HAPPENED. Hmm...your argument is futile.
Clinton's presidency and his numerous visits preety much made peace in Israel until 1996. In 1996, Israel's prime minister at the time did something as some sort of Palestinian church. I can't think of what it was. My UN Club teacher was telling us about it Tuesday.

Quote:
Sorry. During the Cold War, Russia WAS the terrorists.
This is where we don't see eye to eye. A communist isn't a terrorist, IMO. Fidel Castro isn't a terrorist. The NVA and Ho Chi Minh weren't terrorists. Enemies? Yes. Communists? Yes. Terrorists? No.

Quote:
Until the age of 16, we have truency laws. But if the kid doesn't work anyways, then what?
Then they'll obviously go on welfare.

Quote:
Really?
Yes.

Quote:
Better yet, rather than dump more money into a committee, we could STOP GIVING PEOPLE MONEY and force them to get off their asses if they've been on or no longer meet the qualifications. And reform SSI as long as we're at it.
Look at all of the committees FDR made during the Depression and WW II.

Quote:
Another chance to rape some other innocent girl?
Or another chance of life.

Quote:
I thought, according to you, the youth were apathetic and didn't care about their education.

Which is it Pat?
Where did I say that ALL of the youth are lazy? Also, appointing someone young doesn't mean a teenager. People in their early or late 20's are young.

Quote:
Right here...
I said there are BARELY ANY. I didn't say there weren't any! And compared to small businesses, there are BARELY ANY big businesses! (95% to 5%)

Quote:
Then why did you say he'd be in the American lower-class.
I didn't say the AMERICAN lower class. I said he'd be part of THE lower class!

Quote:
Restrict business, since the economy is clearly flourishing.
A flourishing economy means that we're in a prosperity stage. Are you nuts?

Quote:
Let's give everyone money so they don't have to work...

...but where will the money come from if nobody works...
All the people on welfare deserve to get money if they try to get a job. The government should have more restrictions on who gets it, but they DON'T. I don't see George attemping to fix that.

Quote:
All costing the taxpayers millions each year...
Which is why taxes need to be raised.

Quote:
Let's not rationalize. So if she doesn't die, or was aiming for someone else, it's okay?
Show me where I said it was ok. Show me. Thanks. I didn't say it was ok, so don't say I did and stop saying that I said things I didn't. If she doesn't die, then it's obviously not murder or homicide.

Quote:
Do you have ANY concept of right or wrong?
Do you have any concept of listening to the other side. Seems like you have Hannity syndrome.

Quote:
Meanwhile, Stalin was committing mass genocide across his own country as well. Maybe that's why...he was a tad busy himself with dead bodies.
Genocide. Do you really want to go there?

Quote:
So what? That means they can't send troops?
Answer my question.

Quote:
The world hates us because America is the greatest country, period. A champion of human rights and personal freedoms. The Middle East hates us because we support Israel. Europe hates us because we didn't have to go throught a bajillion revolutions to emerge as a powerful nation, and they are a bunch of elitist prats.
Personal freedoms? What about the freedom for two men or two women to get married? Europe hates us because we're in Iraq.

Quote:
Yeah...I forgot. You think Social Security is a perfect system.

You're history teacher is bloody amazing.
Where did I say it was a perfect system? Just because I like it the way it is now, doesn't mean I think it's perfect. I don't have history this year. I have World Cultures.

Quote:
If nothing else, this proves you didn't read my statement in the now notorious other thread. Try reading it, and then get back to me.
Answer my question.

Quote:
Who will enforce it?
The UN and Sudan, baby. -Pat

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80330
11/20/04 12:12 AM
11/20/04 12:12 AM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Yeh, EVERY SINGLE American will do that
They have the opportunity to exercise their right to vote. Whether they vote utilizing this free service of information, or research their issues, is their own business.

The issues you mentioned above...the people you claim to want to "restrict," tend to vote democrat. Democrats are marked for their feelings that everyone should vote.

Yet you feel that rather than exercising free will, there should be some arbitrary quiz or regulation to test 'intelligence' on the issues to validate their constitutional rights?

I don't understand how anyone thinking logically can take your argument seriously. And I'm not saying that as a conservative - I'm saying that as an American citizen.

Quote:
If you want to talk record numbers, let's talk about how Clinton slashed the deficit in HALF, while Bush has the highest one ever.
No, I don't want to talk numbers - you know why? Because you clearly don't want to discuss the issue. Stop running around Clinton's record defense cuts.

And what's your point? We're at war...and btw...guess when the second highest deficit was? Oops! 1994-5, during Clintons administration! And he wasn't at war...whoops. (My source is again, Microeconomics 6t Ed. Boyes and Melvin. If you want, I'll post their diagram as well).

Quote:
It's working in Iran and North Korea though, right?
Is it? You tell me? You're the one who is against the Iraq war, but thinks diplomacy won't work in N.Korea, and Iran, who knows.

Quote:
And you have no idea about what could happen with the future of our country if you want it handled the way you do.
I beg to differ. And I bet a whole bunch of people here agree with me...and not just conservatives or liberals. What I have argued in this thread is not partisan - it's common sense.

Quote:
It's not the same context.
How do you figure?

War with Iraq (Cause: WMD's, Genocide)
War with N.Korea (Cause: WMD's)
War with Iran (Cause: WMD's)

So explain to me how this is in a different context? Because according to your argument, you want to wage unilateral war against one country arbitrarily, but find it completely wrong to do it for the same reasons in another.

Quote:
Of course I know less than the government, but saying I know less then the President is stretching it.
And here's a reality check -

- The President is a Yale graduate (history, actually...my kind of guy ).

I sincerely doubt, regardless of any linguistic conundrums he might have (he's clearly not the most eloquent speaker in the world), he is much more knowledgeble than you.

Quote:
Hey, while we're at it, lets give money to the Palestinian terrorists in Israel too!
Hey! Rather than try and refute my argument, just concede, since you apparently can't. Otherwise you'd actually try to respond.

M'kay?

Quote:
Clinton's presidency and his numerous visits preety much made peace in Israel until 1996. In 1996, Israel's prime minister at the time did something as some sort of Palestinian church. I can't think of what it was. My UN Club teacher was telling us about it Tuesday.
"Peace" is an overstatement. These two countries have been warring since the inception of the state of Israel in 1948 (enacted in '49), and they are using religion to back their land rights for the holy land. Their should be a safe Israeli land, and a safe Palestinian homeland.

Oh, and here is some information on Clinton...

From the signing of the Oslo accords in 1993 until September 2000, when the Camp David summit came to naught, about 256 Israelis -- civilians and soldiers alike -- were killed by Palestinian violence. Bill Clinton was in office during those years...Between Sept. 29, 2000, and September 2004 -- four, not eight, years -- 1,026 Israelis were killed by Palestinians...those years correspond to the second intifada, which erupted after the collapse of the Clinton-inspired peace talks...The second intifada was not caused by Bush, and Clinton's critics are right in saying that for too long Washington was much too nice to Yasser Arafat. In fact, Clinton's own Middle East negotiator, Dennis Ross, writes in his book, "The Missing Peace," that "President Bush and those around him were right to believe that we had indulged Arafat too much."

Source: The Washington Post, Tuesday, October 26, 2004; Page A25.

Israel-Palestine Relations Since Clinton Inauguration

Israel-Palestine "peace" hasn't been the same since the second intifada, which has nothing to do with Bush.

Quote:
This is where we don't see eye to eye. A communist isn't a terrorist, IMO. Fidel Castro isn't a terrorist. The NVA and Ho Chi Minh weren't terrorists. Enemies? Yes. Communists? Yes. Terrorists? No.
Mmm, okay, I was using terrorists to compare to our current situation in Iraq.

And I don't associate communists with terrorism, or necessarily anything negative. But the problem is inherently most people are to stupid to understand the philosophy behind the system itself, and rather, it's cool to either make fun of or support communist doctrines.

However, it is somewhat interesting that you can't really find a "good" communist out of the whole bunch...Hitler (totalitarian)...Stalin...Mussolini (fascism)...Castro...et al.

Quote:
Then they'll obviously go on welfare.
And that's a problem with the system. Welfare should be reserved for people in actual need...i.e., unwed mothers who can't afford day care in order to earn a living. That would be an instance where I would support welfare.

Quote:
Yes.
And now the second part of my question...where?

Quote:
Look at all of the committees FDR made during the Depression and WW II.
Yeah...what's your point? That WWII and FDR helped put people back to work? Okay. That's historically accurate.

But in doing so, he also created long-term issues over the role of social programs such as welfare, the essentially defunct social security system, and medicare/medicaid.

Quote:
Or another chance of life.
Yeah...forgive me for being a bit of a pessimist. I think, in all honestly, maybe rapists should be castrated. That would solve the problem real quick, eh?

[/politically_incorrect]

Quote:
Where did I say that ALL of the youth are lazy? Also, appointing someone young doesn't mean a teenager. People in their early or late 20's are young.
Hmm...I didn't say all. I was generally referring to youth, in general. You said most. Here's your quote though, to refresh your memory:

Quote:
Most kids only care about what they wear to school. They don't care about grades or anything else.
Quote:
I said there are BARELY ANY. I didn't say there weren't any! And compared to small businesses, there are BARELY ANY big businesses! (95% to 5%)
Well then you should've compared it to small businesses in the first place, but either way, you should classify the difference between a "small" business and "big" business. Also, you do realize that the reason for small business growth and excessively high numbers is because of the ease of start up? And also, that 90% of businesses fail within the first fiscal year?

Quote:
I didn't say the AMERICAN lower class. I said he'd be part of THE lower class!
THE LOWER CLASS OF WHAT?!?!? EAST JUHUNGA?!?!

Quote:
A flourishing economy means that we're in a prosperity stage. Are you nuts?
Again, I'm going to need a big [/sarcasm] sticker to help you out, Pat.

Quote:
All the people on welfare deserve to get money if they try to get a job.
It's called "unemployment," which are monies you can collect whilst unemployed but actively searching for a job, and it's a totally different thing.

Quote:
The government should have more restrictions on who gets it, but they DON'T. I don't see George attemping to fix that.
Hmm...he wants medicaid reforms...it's clear he hasn't taken a blind eye to these corrupt systems...

but maybe he can't because democrats love their social programs, regardless of their corruption. I remeber a quote by a senator a few years ago that said "we refuse to reform medicare because it will hurt the receipients thereof."

Quote:
Which is why taxes need to be raised.
Wow. You really are economically challenged, aren't you?

Please open an economics textbook before you come back, if you want to be taken seriously. Because it's illogical...and economically impossible - to spur fiscal growth if taxes are raised - because it lowers private sector revenue, and increases government revenue...

Quote:
Show me where I said it was ok. Show me. Thanks. I didn't say it was ok, so don't say I did and stop saying that I said things I didn't. If she doesn't die, then it's obviously not murder or homicide.
Ohh! Wow! So despite the fact that he was convicted on drugs before, gets "reformed," but ends up shooting a little girl...as long as she doesn't die...it's not a murder or homicide...so he's reformed?

Last time I checked - it would be felonious assault with a deadly weapon. :rolleyes:

Quote:
Do you have any concept of listening to the other side. Seems like you have Hannity syndrome.
Yeah, I do. Ask Plaw. Ask DonsAdvisor. But your argument is clearly warped and not in touch with reality, so of course I'm going to hammer your argument as if it were a hot chick. (that's for Partagas) :p

Quote:
Genocide. Do you really want to go there?
Do you think arguing is going to even help your argument? Sure. Let's see what your history teacher taught you today.

Quote:
Answer my question.
Done.

Quote:
Personal freedoms? What about the freedom for two men or two women to get married? Europe hates us because we're in Iraq.
Gay marriage is now a personal freedom? Since when? Last time I checked, a majority of Americans feel it is wrong, and it should be banned. Religiously, and evolutionarily (there is not logic behind homosexuality - it would end procreation and the race would die out) wrong.

And if you think Iraq is why Europe hates us? I need to talk to your "history" teacher, because he's feeding you a load of crap. Please open a good history textbook - preferably one American, say, post civil war, and Europe circa WWI. Then come back to the table.

Quote:
Where did I say it was a perfect system? Just because I like it the way it is now, doesn't mean I think it's perfect. I don't have history this year. I have World Cultures.
You dedicated an entire Pat's Thoughts (sorry, I find that statement kind of redundant in this case :p ) on how Social Security is fine as it is.

And World Cultures? Okay. Your world cultures "teacher" needs to get in touch with reality.

Quote:
Answer my question.
I don't have to. My thoughts were, and still are, clearly outlined in my previous statement, as I've said for the last week and a half.

Quote:
The UN and Sudan, baby. -Pat
Haha! Yeah...the same way they've enforced Israeli-Palestinian peace, stopped African genocide, corrupted aid programs, and wavered to the European agenda.

I really trust them. (HERE...BIG SARCASM HERE)

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80331
11/20/04 12:37 AM
11/20/04 12:37 AM
New York
M
Mr. Baggins Offline
Underboss
Mr. Baggins  Offline
M
Underboss
New York
Ok, what I've gathered from Pat's increasingly irrational posts is this:

1. The U.S. must begin using literacy tests to ensure the "proper" people begin voting again. Nevermind that this was one of the myriad methods used in the segregated south before the civil rights movement to suppress the black vote, we should start doing it again!

2. Going to war in Iraq when we had evidence of WMD from numerous countries was a bad idea. Going to war in North Korea when we have evidence from numerous countries that they have WMD is a good idea. We should also attack the Sudan to stop the genocide currently occurring there, even though they present no imminent threat to us. Err wait a second here, isn't one of your main arguments against Iraq that they weren't an imminent threat to the U.S.? I guess when you are a liberal its ok to take both sides of an issue, as long as you're attacking George Dubya!

3. People are unemployed because there are greedy, oppressive rich people, and because George Bush is in office. To fix the economy, we should raise taxes and give more money to poor people who don't work and produce nothing for the economy. Wait, isn't wealth redistribution also known as socialism? When has that ever led to a successful economy? You also think that the president is somehow responsible for "outsourcing". Quote "I'm referring to American jobs that the President takes away, sends overseas, hires a foreigner, and then pays them 25 % of what the American worker would get here." Yes Pat, the President has control over who companies choose to give jobs to. Aren't you were taking an economics course?

4. The president has control over all aspects of the U.S. government. He controls intelligence gathering, he votes on laws passed in congress, in fact he probably controls the weather! How does a man that is so stupid manage to control all of this? That's the liberal paradox I suppose. Everyone in the republican party is stupid, yet they control everything and cheat the democrats out of power.

Well, there are Pat's views in a nutshell. Do they make sense to anyone else?

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80332
11/20/04 12:46 AM
11/20/04 12:46 AM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Baggins:

I think the following image sums up the argument nicely:

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80333
11/20/04 01:03 AM
11/20/04 01:03 AM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
Quote:
And what's your point? We're at war...and btw...guess when the second highest deficit was? Oops! 1994-5, during Clintons administration! And he wasn't at war...whoops. (My source is again, Microeconomics 6t Ed. Boyes and Melvin. If you want, I'll post their diagram as well).
Reagan - January 1981 - Federal deficit was $79 billion and the debt was $905.5 billion, or 34 % of the GDP. By 1988, the deficit was $152.5 billion and the debt was $2.6 trillion, or 54 % of the GDP. When Bush Sr. was leaving office in 1992, the deficit was $255.1 billion and a debt of $4.1 trillion, or 67 % of the GDP. God, I love Alan Colmes.

Quote:
Is it? You tell me? You're the one who is against the Iraq war, but thinks diplomacy won't work in N.Korea, and Iran, who knows.
Diplomacy won't work anywhere unless we have the support of the world and our citizens, which we clearly don't (for Iraq).

Quote:
And I bet a whole bunch of people here agree with me
No shit. :rolleyes:

Quote:
What I have argued in this thread is not partisan - it's common sense.
No, it's partisan. This common sense you refer to is your opinion. Not everyone agrees with it, trust me.

Quote:
How do you figure?

War with Iraq (Cause: WMD's, Genocide)
War with N.Korea (Cause: WMD's)
War with Iran (Cause: WMD's)
Because America would've supported going into North Korea over Iraq. Kim Jong made the news even before 9/11. I had never seen Saddam make prime time until Bush said he had WMDs, which was a lie. A war cannot be won without public support.

Quote:
And here's a reality check -

- The President is a Yale graduate (history, actually...my kind of guy ).
Do you really want to talk about Bush's knowledge?

He entered Yale in 1964 with a SAT of 1206 (Verbal 566, Math 640), 200 points below Yale's average freshman in 1970.

He graduated Yale in 1968 with a 2.35 GPA

In the fall of 1970, he was rejected from admission at University of Texas Law School.

In 1973, he applied to Harvard Business School with a 2.35 GPA. 1973 admission statistics are unavailable, but for an incomplete comparison: today's Harvard students average a GPA of 3.5 - no students were accepted with a GPA lower than 2.6.

Quote:
Rather than try and refute my argument, just concede, since you apparently can't. Otherwise you'd actually try to respond.
You're the last person on here who can talk about refuting comments.

Quote:
Israel-Palestine "peace" hasn't been the same since the second intifada, which has nothing to do with Bush.
That's great, but I never blamed Bush. I just said he hasn't made as many efforts to try and make peace in Israel like Clinton did.

Quote:
However, it is somewhat interesting that you can't really find a "good" communist out of the whole bunch...Hitler (totalitarian)...Stalin...Mussolini (fascism)...Castro...et al.
Ho Chi Minh. I don't think you can consider Hitler or Mussolini parts of communism either. Both loathed communism.

Quote:
Welfare should be reserved for people in actual need...i.e., unwed mothers who can't afford day care in order to earn a living. That would be an instance where I would support welfare.
Amen. That's why I said the government should make a committee to decide who deserves to get welfare and who doesn't really need/deserve it.

Quote:
And now the second part of my question...where?
http://www.thegodfathertrilogy.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=005413

Quote:
Yeah...what's your point? That WWII and FDR helped put people back to work? Okay. That's historically accurate.

But in doing so, he also created long-term issues over the role of social programs such as welfare, the essentially defunct social security system, and medicare/medicaid.
The Medicare/Medicaid problem can be blamed solely on Bush. Social Security needs to be a tad edited, but doesn't need to be reformed like Bush wants it to be. Make a committee to monitor welfare is the only way to make sure that the people who need it get it and the people who don't need it don't.

Quote:
Yeah...forgive me for being a bit of a pessimist. I think, in all honestly, maybe rapists should be castrated. That would solve the problem real quick, eh?
They shouldn't be put in prison for life.

Quote:
Well then you should've compared it to small businesses in the first place, but either way, you should classify the difference between a "small" business and "big" business.
Small business is 100 workers or less. Big business is 1000 workers or more.

Quote:
And also, that 90% of businesses fail within the first fiscal year?
50 %

Quote:
THE LOWER CLASS OF WHAT?!?!? EAST JUHUNGA?!?!
If we're talking about someone IN China getting an American job with payments that are 25 % of what an American would make, what lower class would I be talking about?

Quote:
It's called "unemployment," which are monies you can collect whilst unemployed but actively searching for a job, and it's a totally different thing.
And those that are on unemployment are also eligible to welfare. Do you think a guy trying to support his wife and 4 kids on just unemployment will make it?

Quote:
but maybe he can't because democrats love their social programs, regardless of their corruption. I remeber a quote by a senator a few years ago that said "we refuse to reform medicare because it will hurt the receipients thereof."
Bush has the Senate and House. All the power is in his hands.

Quote:
Wow. You really are economically challenged, aren't you?
Wow, your insults are growing tiresome. Enough is enough.

Quote:
Please open an economics textbook before you come back, if you want to be taken seriously. Because it's illogical...and economically impossible - to spur fiscal growth if taxes are raised - because it lowers private sector revenue, and increases government revenue...
And government revenue needs to be increased. This economy is flourishing right now, according to you. I think we can afford a couple months of taxes.

Quote:
Last time I checked - it would be felonious assault with a deadly weapon.
You answered your own question. No one is going to be sent to prison for life for assault with a deadly weapon. It might even be better to keep him out of prison, but have him in some sort of counseling jail. There he will be off the streets and able to be rehabiliated. Also, you said that this guy who shot the girl is coming out of prison and then he shoots her. Prison doesn't do anything. It just makes a person worse.

Quote:
But your argument is clearly warped and not in touch with reality
Yes, sorry my opinion is different. :rolleyes:

Quote:
Do you think arguing is going to even help your argument? Sure. Let's see what your history teacher taught you today.
The genocide in Iraq doesn't even compare to that of which has been happening in Sudan for the last 21 years. For the second time, I don't have history class.

Quote:
Done.
Owned.

Quote:
Gay marriage is now a personal freedom? Since when? Last time I checked, a majority of Americans feel it is wrong, and it should be banned. Religiously, and evolutionarily (there is not logic behind homosexuality - it would end procreation and the race would die out) wrong.
Last I checked, two women or two men getting married didn't affect someone else's life. It isn't hazardous to anyone else's health. It's their CHOICE, not yours.

Quote:
I need to talk to your "history" teacher, because he's feeding you a load of crap.
For the 3rd time, I don't have history.

Quote:
You dedicated an entire Pat's Thoughts (sorry, I find that statement kind of redundant in this case ) on how Social Security is fine as it is.
No, I didn't.

Quote:
And World Cultures? Okay. Your world cultures "teacher" needs to get in touch with reality.
We're learning about the Axum, Egyptian, and Kush empires. I don't see what that or he has to do with American Cultures. I haven't had that since last year.

Quote:
...stopped African genocide...
Peace begins December 31st. -Pat

Quote:
I think the following image sums up the argument nicely:
It will get easier for you, DJ. -Pat

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80334
11/20/04 01:09 AM
11/20/04 01:09 AM
DonMichaelCorleone Offline
DonMichaelCorleone  Offline

Quote:
Because America would've supported going into North Korea over Iraq
Pat you can't say that. You can only say YOU would've supported it.

"You gave your word, I never gave mine"
http://s2.gladiatus.us/game/c.php?uid=88380
Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80335
11/20/04 01:20 AM
11/20/04 01:20 AM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Baggins:
Ok, what I've gathered from Pat's increasingly irrational posts is this:

1. The U.S. must begin using literacy tests to ensure the "proper" people begin voting again. Nevermind that this was one of the myriad methods used in the segregated south before the civil rights movement to suppress the black vote, we should start doing it again!

2. Going to war in Iraq when we had evidence of WMD from numerous countries was a bad idea. Going to war in North Korea when we have evidence from numerous countries that they have WMD is a good idea. We should also attack the Sudan to stop the genocide currently occurring there, even though they present no imminent threat to us. Err wait a second here, isn't one of your main arguments against Iraq that they weren't an imminent threat to the U.S.? I guess when you are a liberal its ok to take both sides of an issue, as long as you're attacking George Dubya!

3. People are unemployed because there are greedy, oppressive rich people, and because George Bush is in office. To fix the economy, we should raise taxes and give more money to poor people who don't work and produce nothing for the economy. Wait, isn't wealth redistribution also known as socialism? When has that ever led to a successful economy? You also think that the president is somehow responsible for "outsourcing". Quote "I'm referring to American jobs that the President takes away, sends overseas, hires a foreigner, and then pays them 25 % of what the American worker would get here." Yes Pat, the President has control over who companies choose to give jobs to. Aren't you were taking an economics course?

4. The president has control over all aspects of the U.S. government. He controls intelligence gathering, he votes on laws passed in congress, in fact he probably controls the weather! How does a man that is so stupid manage to control all of this? That's the liberal paradox I suppose. Everyone in the republican party is stupid, yet they control everything and cheat the democrats out of power.

1.) I said the US should have quizzes on canidates, so the voters know more about them.

2.) I don't want to go to war with ANY country. I said that if I had to pick between Iraq, Iran, and North Korea, it would've been North Korea. What do you mean I want to attack Sudan? I want our forces to HELP Sudan. I could careless about Bush's view on Sudan. The only Senator I heard bring it up was Kerry. I've heard no one else.

3.) The President IS responsible for outsourcing. He can push to pass acts in congress for either MORE or LESS outsourcing and either increasing OR decreasing tariffs on American businesses that ship jobs overseas.

4.) I find your ignorance amazing. You're the only one in this thread who has to talk about one person being a liberal and one a conservative. Even DJ and I haven't said anything about that. It doesn't matter if you're a liberal or conservative, a Democrat or Republican, everyone has a different opinion on everything and you seem to be one of the lone riders in this thread who refuses to read what they don't want to see or face. -Pat

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80336
11/20/04 01:48 AM
11/20/04 01:48 AM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Reagan - January 1981 - Federal deficit was $79 billion and the debt was $905.5 billion, or 34 % of the GDP. By 1988, the deficit was $152.5 billion and the debt was $2.6 trillion, or 54 % of the GDP. When Bush Sr. was leaving office in 1992, the deficit was $255.1 billion and a debt of $4.1 trillion, or 67 % of the GDP.
Yet that says nothing about Clinton's second-highest defecit...which was almost $300 billion.

Quote:
Diplomacy won't work anywhere unless we have the support of the world and our citizens, which we clearly don't (for Iraq).
Thanks for the revelation! So now we need the international community?

How did we get so far without Europe?

Quote:
No, it's partisan. This common sense you refer to is your opinion. Not everyone agrees with it, trust me.
I don't trust you. Baggins summed your argument up nicely, and frankly, it strikes a cord of redundancy. It's not common sense - you've amalgamated issues that would not make America a better place - raising taxes, arbitrarily removing the right to vote, etc.

Quote:
Because America would've supported going into North Korea over Iraq.
Really?!? And where do you get this from?

Those peace protesters seem pretty vehement that they oppose war, in general. Not only that, it would be another unilateral war - your eternal contradiction.

Quote:
I had never seen Saddam make prime time until Bush said he had WMDs, which was a lie. A war cannot be won without public support.
Really? Gulf War, anyone?

And w/o public support? What about World War I, when Wilson was re-elected on the principle that he would keep us out of "Europe's War?"

Quote:
o you really want to talk about Bush's knowledge?

He entered Yale in 1964 with a SAT of 1206 (Verbal 566, Math 640), 200 points below Yale's average freshman in 1970.

He graduated Yale in 1968 with a 2.35 GPA

In the fall of 1970, he was rejected from admission at University of Texas Law School.

In 1973, he applied to Harvard Business School with a 2.35 GPA. 1973 admission statistics are unavailable, but for an incomplete comparison: today's Harvard students average a GPA of 3.5 - no students were accepted with a GPA lower than 2.6.
Please, as I have done, cite from a refutable source.

Quote:
You're the last person on here who can talk about refuting comments.
Really? I, and apparently from the PM's I receive, alot of other people, seem to think I'm doing a fine job, thanks. Though constructive criticism is always welcome.

Quote:
That's great, but I never blamed Bush. I just said he hasn't made as many efforts to try and make peace in Israel like Clinton did.
Gee, since he hasn't been busy with the worst terrorist attack on our soil in our nations history and a two front war.

Maybe if all you do is get blowjobs from interns all day, you can jet whenever you like.

Quote:
Ho Chi Minh. I don't think you can consider Hitler or Mussolini parts of communism either. Both loathed communism.
Yet their economic principles with regards to the way they ran the government echo that of Marxist ideology. So they can "loath" whatever they want - their systems are extensions of the original communist doctrine.

Quote:
Amen. That's why I said the government should make a committee to decide who deserves to get welfare and who doesn't really need/deserve it.
Good. Maybe we're getting somewhere.

Quote:
The Medicare/Medicaid problem can be blamed solely on Bush. Social Security needs to be a tad edited, but doesn't need to be reformed like Bush wants it to be. Make a committee to monitor welfare is the only way to make sure that the people who need it get it and the people who don't need it don't.
Really? I guess if you ignore trends, you can make those arguments. But if you'd have been paying attention, Medicare/Medicaid and Welfare and Social Security have been problems for decades. Not "blames soley on Bush," which would be quite convenient for your argument, if you were arguing with someone who didn't know what they were talking about (fortunately for you, you have a spectacular debate partner ).

Again, as I think the majority of people have stressed, you have a blind faith in the Social Security system that has all but received it's death knell (which will come in a few years with the continued aging of the Baby Boomers).

And why do we need all these committees? Get the fucking congressman and senators in there, and fix it! No wonders nothing gets done - bueracracy at it's finest.

Quote:
They shouldn't be put in prison for life.
Maybe not. Maybe so. If someone raped your daughter, how would you feel about it?

Quote:
Small business is 100 workers or less. Big business is 1000 workers or more.
Now we're getting somewhere.

Quote:
50 %
For the first fiscal year.

According to the U.S. Small Business Administration, over 50% of small businesses fail in the first year and 95% fail within the first five years.

Source: Business.gov

Quote:
If we're talking about someone IN China getting an American job with payments that are 25 % of what an American would make, what lower class would I be talking about?
Your original statement was ambigous. "He would be a part of the lower class." Well what lower class are we talking about?

Generalizations kill debates, you know.

Quote:
And those that are on unemployment are also eligible to welfare. Do you think a guy trying to support his wife and 4 kids on just unemployment will make it?
There are special allowances for # of dependants and such, so someone with 4 kids would get more than someone who is single.

And if he is actively pursuing employment? Yes, he will make it.

Quote:
Bush has the Senate and House. All the power is in his hands.
w00t. I guess John Kerry and Ted Kennedy can take their collective ball and go home, and we can stop paying their salaries, cause the world is going to end; there's no point. :rolleyes:

Quote:
Wow, your insults are growing tiresome. Enough is enough.
It's not an insult. Anyone who has any basic knowledge of economics can see you don't understand how the system works.

Quote:
And government revenue needs to be increased. This economy is flourishing right now, according to you. I think we can afford a couple months of taxes.
My comment on the "flourishing" economy was facetious, as I've said about twice now - because you said we should have more business regulation.

It is economically stupid to burden businesses in an economy such as ours in it's current status.

Again, for Christmas, someone get me a big rubber stamp that says "Sarcasm" or "Facetious: For Those Who Don't Get It" and an ink pad.

Quote:
You answered your own question. No one is going to be sent to prison for life for assault with a deadly weapon. It might even be better to keep him out of prison, but have him in some sort of counseling jail. There he will be off the streets and able to be rehabiliated. Also, you said that this guy who shot the girl is coming out of prison and then he shoots her. Prison doesn't do anything. It just makes a person worse.
My point is that clearly, with your ideology of the penal system, offenders shouldn't even be punished. You apparently feel that, regardless of the crime (except for murder), regardless of how henious or destructive, there should be rehab and no prison.

And I clearly disagree. Where is the motivation to NOT commit a crime? "Oh man, homes, we'd better not do that - they'll give us 6 months in rehab for sure!" I see alot of dealers quivering in their boots.

Quote:
Yes, sorry my opinion is different
Again, as Apple said, you're still young. Maybe once you get out in the real world, become a serious taxpayer, and see how Social Security really works, you'll change your tune.

Quote:
The genocide in Iraq doesn't even compare to that of which has been happening in Sudan for the last 21 years. For the second time, I don't have history class.
Okay. Whatever class it is, it's clearly out of touch. And now we're comparing genocide? Well, maybe Saddam's genocide is NICER than Sudanian genocide. Right...

Quote:
Owned.
It's 0wn3d, or pwn3d, y0u 1@m3r.

Quote:
Last I checked, two women or two men getting married didn't affect someone else's life. It isn't hazardous to anyone else's health. It's their CHOICE, not yours.
Really? Whatever happens if some gay guy gives blood, and it has HIV? And it gets through the filters (as it has in the past). And you get it. How are you going to feel.

[/politically_incorrect]

It's like the abortion argument. Society would rather ignore a morally wrong act because of convenience, and call it a "right," while ignoring the rights of others.

Quote:
No, I didn't.
You just said in this last post it needs to be fixed a tad...or fine tuned, I believe. Wait, here it is:

Quote:
Social Security needs to be a tad edited, but doesn't need to be reformed like Bush wants it to be.
Yeah.

Quote:
We're learning about the Axum, Egyptian, and Kush empires. I don't see what that or he has to do with American Cultures. I haven't had that since last year.
That's a shame then, because whoever did teach you clearly left their mark.

And btw - if you would like to research more into the middle east, I recommend looking into the Ottoman, Safavid, and Mughal empires.

Quote:
Peace begins December 31st. -Pat
Yeah. I'm sure the people suffering between now and then are going to be rejoicing in the streets tonight. :rolleyes:

Quote:
It will get easier for you, DJ. -Pat
Do you think this is hard? It's very theraputic for me, actually. I enjoy it quite much. And I've come up against much tougher characters in real-life debates than you, so this is like a practice session.

Regards,
Double-J

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80337
11/20/04 02:29 AM
11/20/04 02:29 AM
Graveyard
The Iceman Offline
Official BB Hitman
The Iceman  Offline
Official BB Hitman
Underboss
Graveyard

I see that patrick, & Double J are still going at it.

Way to go Double J.

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80338
11/20/04 02:30 AM
11/20/04 02:30 AM
Capo
Capo
Quote:
I want our forces to HELP Sudan. I could careless about Bush's view on Sudan. The only Senator I heard bring it up was Kerry. I've heard no one else.
So you advocate sending our troops into Sudan?

Didn't you oppose sending our troops into Sudan before in this comment:

Quote:
Because sending troops into a country to kill people (i.e. Iraq) doesn't solve anything. The country needs money so its' army can fight off the rebels and stop the starvation.
?

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80339
11/20/04 11:05 AM
11/20/04 11:05 AM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Another interesting contradiction...although he did say that he didn't want to start war with anyone...I do find in unusual that on one hand he doesn't want to send troops but only money with Sudan, but wants to wage unilateral war against North Korea...immediately, but not right now.

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80340
11/20/04 01:09 PM
11/20/04 01:09 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
Quote:
Yet that says nothing about Clinton's second-highest defecit...which was almost $300 billion.
Clinton cut the deficit in HALF.

Quote:
So now we need the international community?

How did we get so far without Europe?
We haven't gotten anywhere without Europe.

Quote:
Those peace protesters seem pretty vehement that they oppose war, in general. Not only that, it would be another unilateral war - your eternal contradiction.
For the 4th time (hopefully you'll get it this time), I don't want war with ANYONE. I said that if our President HAD to go to war with either Iraq, North Korea, or Iran, I would've supported one for North Korea over Iraq or Iran.

Quote:
Really? Gulf War, anyone?
My point exactly. Why does it take 2 wars to accomplish a 'goal?'

Quote:
And w/o public support? What about World War I, when Wilson was re-elected on the principle that he would keep us out of "Europe's War?"
The public support theory was created during the main war of protest, Vietnam.

Quote:
Please, as I have done, cite from a refutable source.
How in the hell am I supposed to know or make up any of those numbers?
http://www.jimgilliam.com/2004/10/new_york_times_endorses_john_kerry.php

Quote:
Really? I, and apparently from the PM's I receive, alot of other people, seem to think I'm doing a fine job, thanks. Though constructive criticism is always welcome.
Raise your hand, wait for me to call on you, and say, "Pat, do you care?"

Quote:
Gee, since he hasn't been busy with the worst terrorist attack on our soil in our nations history and a two front war.
If you really want to call Afghanistan a war, ok. FDR dealt with Pearl Harbor. I think fighting off Japan, Nazi-Germany, and Italy is a lot harder then fighting Iraq and a couple of terrorists in Afghanistan. Maybe Bush should send some more troops into Afghanistan, since only 11,000 remain. Afghanistan's heroin supply is now at RECORD numbers.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A60584-2004Nov18.html

Quote:
Yet their economic principles with regards to the way they ran the government echo that of Marxist ideology. So they can "loath" whatever they want - their systems are extensions of the original communist doctrine.
No, no, wait a minute. You didn't even mention just the economy in your first post about it. You said they communists, I have to disagree. Mussolini blamed Italy's problems on communism and Hitler blamed Germany's problems on Jews and communism.

Quote:
Maybe not. Maybe so. If someone raped your daughter, how would you feel about it?
Is it his first offense? What are the conditions? Just for your info, even if someone in my family was killed by someone on purpose, I wouldn't want them killed. I'd want them to go to prison for life with no chance of parole.

Quote:
According to the U.S. Small Business Administration, over 50% of small businesses fail in the first year
..which is what I said.

Quote:
I guess John Kerry and Ted Kennedy can take their collective ball and go home, and we can stop paying their salaries, cause the world is going to end; there's no point.
Ok..I was complimenting Bush there. I don't see the need for that comment.

Quote:
My comment on the "flourishing" economy was facetious
Just like my comment on the classes.

Quote:
You apparently feel that, regardless of the crime (except for murder), regardless of how henious or destructive, there should be rehab and no prison.
Yes sir.

Quote:
Where is the motivation to NOT commit a crime? "Oh man, homes, we'd better not do that - they'll give us 6 months in rehab for sure!" I see alot of dealers quivering in their boots.
Do you think that prisons or jails have no rehab?

Quote:
y0u 1@m3r.
One more insult and this discussion is over.

Quote:
Really? Whatever happens if some gay guy gives blood, and it has HIV? And it gets through the filters (as it has in the past). And you get it. How are you going to feel.
Are you one of those people who believe that gays started the HIV virus? The same thing could happen with a hetero sexual.

Quote:
It's like the abortion argument. Society would rather ignore a morally wrong act because of convenience, and call it a "right," while ignoring the rights of others.
A fetus and embryo don't have a right. The woman carrying it does has the right.

Quote:
You just said in this last post it needs to be fixed a tad...or fine tuned, I believe. Wait, here it is:
You said I made a volume on it, and I said, "No, I didn't." -Pat

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80341
11/20/04 01:11 PM
11/20/04 01:11 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:
Another interesting contradiction...although he did say that he didn't want to start war with anyone...I do find in unusual that on one hand he doesn't want to send troops but only money with Sudan, but wants to wage unilateral war against North Korea...immediately, but not right now.
I said if I had to pick between Iraq, Iran, or North Korea, then I would've picked to go to war with them. What part of that aren't you getting?

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80342
11/20/04 02:03 PM
11/20/04 02:03 PM
DonMichaelCorleone Offline
DonMichaelCorleone  Offline

Quote:
A fetus and embryo don't have a right. The woman carrying it does has the right.
says YOU. debating abortion is a waste of time. The debate is not whether its right to kill the baby, the debate is really when does life begin. which is something that really can not be debated.

Pat says a fetus and embryo arent a baby
I say it is

now where do you go? lol

"You gave your word, I never gave mine"
http://s2.gladiatus.us/game/c.php?uid=88380
Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80343
11/20/04 07:53 PM
11/20/04 07:53 PM
Capo
Capo
I'm ignoring a lot of rhetoirc, but I want to reply to a few things.

Quote:
If you really want to call Afghanistan a war, ok. FDR dealt with Pearl Harbor. I think fighting off Japan, Nazi-Germany, and Italy is a lot harder then fighting Iraq and a couple of terrorists in Afghanistan.
There's a big difference. Terrorists today are a lot larger in their numbers, they blend into society, they aren't an actual nation or army or anything, like the Axis Powers, anmd they have all sorts of deadly weapons to work with, and urban warfare. A couple of terrorists in Afhganistan????? What the hell? A couple? A terrorist nation, and formerly the largest terrorist-harboring nation in the world? Yeah, I'd say there were a couple times a few million.

Quote:
quote:
You apparently feel that, regardless of the crime (except for murder), regardless of how henious or destructive, there should be rehab and no prison.

Yes sir.
Jesus. I'm sure people who are going to commit murder are very scared of that rough rehab program they'll have to go through.... what a great way to prevent murders. And not even prison?? You know, people who commit crimes like murder, rape, or severe drug crimes, cannot be rehabilited. It's a foolish and ignorant thing to think that people aren't really sentient and alive, and that they're shell so to speak can be changed. People will always be who they are, a murderer is a murderer and is evil and scum and should be put down.

Quote:
Do you think that prisons or jails have no rehab?
Who cares? They're in prison! Your point is moot.

Quote:
Are you one of those people who believe that gays started the HIV virus? The same thing could happen with a hetero sexual.
But now you're going against probability and logic... is doesn't matter to be politically correct if it will save lives. Compare percentage rates with HIV among straights and gays.

Quote:
An embryo doesn't, but a fetus does. What's the difference between a baby who's out and a baby whos' in? Maybe instead of getting knocked up the woman should have though about it more so some baby doesn't have to be killed.

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80344
11/20/04 10:03 PM
11/20/04 10:03 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Clinton cut the deficit in HALF.
What's your point? He still has the 2nd-highest on record...if GW cuts the defecit in half, I'm sure you'd still be like "h3 iz t3h sux0rs!"

Quote:
We haven't gotten anywhere without Europe.

Quote:
For the 4th time (hopefully you'll get it this time), I don't want war with ANYONE. I said that if our President HAD to go to war with either Iraq, North Korea, or Iran, I would've supported one for North Korea over Iraq or Iran.
Really? Then why didn't you say that the first time?

Quote:
My point exactly. Why does it take 2 wars to accomplish a 'goal?'
Hmm...well, we did have two "War To End All Wars," I guess we just don't learn. :rolleyes:

Quote:
The public support theory was created during the main war of protest, Vietnam.
The "public support theory" or whatever they have decided to call it could be legitimately traced, as far as U.S. history, to the American Revolution.

Quote:
How in the hell am I supposed to know or make up any of those numbers?
Yes...it's so hard to make up numbers???

And the NY Times? Again, I suggest a non-biased source - for that matter, most newspapers were liberal biased anyways.

Quote:
Raise your hand, wait for me to call on you, and say, "Pat, do you care?"
?

Less rhetoric, please.

Quote:
If you really want to call Afghanistan a war, ok. FDR dealt with Pearl Harbor. I think fighting off Japan, Nazi-Germany, and Italy is a lot harder then fighting Iraq and a couple of terrorists in Afghanistan. Maybe Bush should send some more troops into Afghanistan, since only 11,000 remain. Afghanistan's heroin supply is now at RECORD numbers.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A60584-2004Nov18.html
So now you're going to compare the difficulty of each war, as well as some hypothetical Presidential strife?

That's a joke, I hope.

FDR had it easy compared to Lincoln.

This argument of yours, constant comparisons to FDR, is irrelevant and pointless.

Quote:
No, no, wait a minute. You didn't even mention just the economy in your first post about it. You said they communists, I have to disagree. Mussolini blamed Italy's problems on communism and Hitler blamed Germany's problems on Jews and communism.
So what? The fundamental principles of each derive, however loosely, from Marxist ideals, regardless.

Quote:
Is it his first offense? What are the conditions? Just for your info, even if someone in my family was killed by someone on purpose, I wouldn't want them killed. I'd want them to go to prison for life with no chance of parole.
Wait?!? Couldn't they be REFORMED?!?!

Quote:
..which is what I said.
Right, but you also mentioned something about my statistic, which is also correct.

Quote:
Ok..I was complimenting Bush there. I don't see the need for that comment.
It didn't seem like one - I was anticipating another reciting of Bush's failures to unite the nation.

Quote:
Just like my comment on the classes.
No it wasn't...unless you have no idea what the word means.

Quote:
One more insult and this discussion is over.
Oh goody.

Quote:
What, are we going to talk about GRID now?

I guess you didn't see, or chose to ignore, the [/politically_incorrect] stamp.

Quote:
Blasphemy. Absolute arrogant blasphemy.

I wonder how you would have liked to been aborted?

The woman carrying it, as well as the father, are not the living being inside the womb. The baby has rights, and as I've said before, if it didn't, why is it a double-homicide when a pregnant woman is killed? The Laci Peterson case, for example.

Anyone who uses your argument in this instace is using an argument of pure convenience to rationalize their advocation and support for murder and infanticide.

Keep telling yourself it's okay to kill, Pat. Maybe someday you'll get a wake-up call.

Quote:
You said I made a volume on it, and I said, "No, I didn't." -Pat
Huh? Okay then. I must have been imagining things.

Irregardless, you did make the statement about fixing it a "tad."

Quote:
I said if I had to pick between Iraq, Iran, or North Korea, then I would've picked to go to war with them. What part of that aren't you getting?
Do you have to keep repeating yourself to prove your point? It's not going to make it correct, regardless of whether you post it 1000 times.

---

Forum rules prohibit me from saying how I truly feel about abortionists like you, Pat. But trust me - and this comes from a sinner - I sincerely doubt the Lord shall have mercy on those who harm his little ones.

Vengeance is mine, sayeth the Lord.

"For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to [execute] wrath upon him that doeth evil." - Romans 13:4

Regards,
Double-J

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80345
11/21/04 01:39 AM
11/21/04 01:39 AM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
Quote:
What's your point? He still has the 2nd-highest on record...if GW cuts the defecit in half, I'm sure you'd still be like "h3 iz t3h sux0rs!"
No, I'd complimtent him for it.

Quote:
The "public support theory" or whatever they have decided to call it could be legitimately traced, as far as U.S. history, to the American Revolution.
Obviously all wars have protests, but the most protesting ever was during Vietnam, and more and more people have protested wars since then.

Quote:
And the NY Times? Again, I suggest a non-biased source - for that matter, most newspapers were liberal biased anyways.
Ok--look, a newspaper isn't going to lie about numbers like that. Whether they are liberal or not, which I agree, they are, they still published it with sources. I could understand if I got it off of alfranken.com or something, but those numbers are legit.

Quote:
FDR had it easy compared to Lincoln.
And I never said he didn't. I never said anything about Lincoln.

Quote:
This argument of yours, constant comparisons to FDR, is irrelevant and pointless.
Then how come a hawk's only defense when people say that Saddam wasn't part of 9/11 is, "Hey, Iraq is the right war. Hitler didn't attack us at Pearl Harbor either." Comparing FDR and Bush is completely relevant.

Quote:
So what? The fundamental principles of each derive, however loosely, from Marxist ideals, regardless.
Communism is on the complete opposite site of fascism on the political spectrum.

Quote:
Wait?!? Couldn't they be REFORMED?!?!
No, as I said, all people who committ murder should be locked up.

Quote:
I wonder how you would have liked to been aborted?
I don't know. Can you tell me how other people who have been aborted feel? :p

Quote:
The woman carrying it, as well as the father, are not the living being inside the womb. The baby has rights, and as I've said before, if it didn't, why is it a double-homicide when a pregnant woman is killed? The Laci Peterson case, for example.
That is a very good point (seriously).

Quote:
Keep telling yourself it's okay to kill, Pat. Maybe someday you'll get a wake-up call.
I didn't say it was ok to kill. I never said abortions were the right thing to do. I said I support a woman's right to choose what she wants to do. If I ever got a girl pregnant, but she wanted an abortion, I'd try to talk her out of it, but in the end, it's her decision.

Quote:
Irregardless, you did make the statement about fixing it a "tad."
And it does need to be a bit edited.

Quote:
Forum rules prohibit me from saying how I truly feel about abortionists like you, Pat.
Now I'm an abortionist? I support a WOMAN'S RIGHT TO CHOOSE. It's her choice, not mine. -Pat

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80346
11/21/04 10:36 PM
11/21/04 10:36 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
No, I'd complimtent him for it.
Forgive my skepticism.

Quote:
Obviously all wars have protests, but the most protesting ever was during Vietnam, and more and more people have protested wars since then.
Right. That's fine. But people need to realize what's happening around them - being an ideologue and wishing for world peace versus compassionate realism.

Quote:
Ok--look, a newspaper isn't going to lie about numbers like that. Whether they are liberal or not, which I agree, they are, they still published it with sources. I could understand if I got it off of alfranken.com or something, but those numbers are legit.
If that's true, then why are their corrections pages in every issue?

Quote:
And I never said he didn't. I never said anything about Lincoln.
Right, but you're comparing Bush to FDR...

Quote:
Then how come a hawk's only defense when people say that Saddam wasn't part of 9/11 is, "Hey, Iraq is the right war. Hitler didn't attack us at Pearl Harbor either." Comparing FDR and Bush is completely relevant.
You just bashed your own argument...

Quote:
Communism is on the complete opposite site of fascism on the political spectrum.
Regardless, core ideals are similar.

Quote:
No, as I said, all people who committ murder should be locked up.
But what if he didn't kill your family member? :rolleyes:

Quote:
I don't know. Can you tell me how other people who have been aborted feel?
I find your humour, in this situation, rather atrocious. Though you have noosed yourself nicely; admitting that an abortion kills "people."

Quote:
but in the end, it's her decision.
The core fault of your argument.

Quote:
And it does need to be a bit edited.
It needs a major overhaul.

Quote:
Now I'm an abortionist? I support a WOMAN'S RIGHT TO CHOOSE. It's her choice, not mine.
You are just as guilty as those who do nothing to stop a crime they are witnessing, especially because of your support. The blood is on the hands of everyone who believes in this procedure.

Regards,
Double-J

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80347
11/21/04 10:57 PM
11/21/04 10:57 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
Quote:
Right, but you're comparing Bush to FDR...
I'm comparing Bush to FDR AND I'm comparing World War II to Iraq and the events that lead up to both.

Quote:
You just bashed your own argument...
No, I didn't. Answer my question.

Quote:
Regardless, core ideals are similar.
The only similiar ideal between fascism and communism is that all political decisions are made by one leader.

Quote:
But what if he didn't kill your family member?
Then, if he had a long record, he should get 20 years. If it's his first offense, then he could be reformed.

Quote:
I find your humour, in this situation, rather atrocious. Though you have noosed yourself nicely; admitting that an abortion kills "people."
You asked me how I would've felt if I was aborted. How am I supposed to know? Honestly. An abortion eliminates an embryo or fetus, which ISN'T a person.

Quote:
No, it's not.

Quote:
It needs a major overhaul.
It needs to be a tad bit edited.

Quote:
You are just as guilty as those who do nothing to stop a crime they are witnessing, especially because of your support. The blood is on the hands of everyone who believes in this procedure.
As I said, I don't support abortion. I support a woman's right to choose. -Pat

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull