GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 323 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,983
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,811
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,553
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,530
Posts1,062,527
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80378
11/26/04 02:12 AM
11/26/04 02:12 AM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
Quote:
Saddam was only one terrorist among others who was in power and has been taken down. Saddam during his reign had commited many terrible acts against humanity by terrorizing his people and the only reason they supported him was out of fear that their families as well as themselves would be murdered. That was how he ruled, one less terrorist in power. The fact of the matter is this...the wars over the years have been fought in places thousands of miles away from our homes...they brought the fight to our front yard now we are taking the fight right back into theirs.
Ok, right. We all know Saddam did bad things, so we attacked him...in the first Gulf War. It doesn't take 2 wars. It SHOULDN'T take 2 wars.

Quote:
If Moore was patriotic he would do more than to make these movies that try to make up the minds of the public instead of what a good filmmaker is supposed to do which is to allow the audience themselves to decide who is the villain and who is the hero. Loathing the government is one thing but to outwardly say that you are against your government and not do anything about such feelings IS wrong. I meet many people daily who ask me why do i volunteer to deploy, to serve my country, to give my life for Mad Man President Bush. And i say..."If i don't, who will?"
Moore DOES do more then make movies. He writes books and travels the country going to colleges encouraging people to vote. I don't remember Michael Moore or myself ever saying that we're 'against our government.' We dislike our government, but we aren't going to go down to Pennsylvania Ave. and start a riot. -Pat

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80379
11/26/04 10:15 AM
11/26/04 10:15 AM
New York
M
Mr. Baggins Offline
Underboss
Mr. Baggins  Offline
M
Underboss
New York
One question Pat...

How is it patriotic of Michael Moore to compare the insurgents in Iraq (you know, the ones who abduct and behead civilians and kill american soldiers) to minutemen from the American revolution?

I'd say that's providing support for the enemy, but that's just me.

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80380
11/26/04 12:37 PM
11/26/04 12:37 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Baggins:
How is it patriotic of Michael Moore to compare the insurgents in Iraq (you know, the ones who abduct and behead civilians and kill american soldiers) to minutemen from the American revolution?

I'd say that's providing support for the enemy, but that's just me.
Because the insurgents in Iraq are the minutemen for their revolution against our soldiers. BTW, you're right. It's just you. -Pat

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80381
11/26/04 01:22 PM
11/26/04 01:22 PM
New York
M
Mr. Baggins Offline
Underboss
Mr. Baggins  Offline
M
Underboss
New York
Ohhh I get it. The "minutemen" in Iraq aren't really bad people. They're freedom fighters, right?

So let me get this straight:

You think it is ok for Michael Moore to support those who behead civilians, blow up american soldiers, and torture and kill Iraqis. This is excusable because they're fighting for "freedom"

The insurgency isn't fighting to free Iraq Pat. They're fighting to destroy the United States. Don't even try to suggest the insurgents are supported by the Iraqi population. Look at the stories of Iraqis who lived in Fallujah while it was under the control of Zarqawi and his terrorist followers. Here's some of what occurred in Fallujah under the "minutemen":

"Mutilated bodies dumped on Fallujah's bombed out streets today painted a harrowing picture of eight months of rebel rule. As US and Iraqi troops mopped up the last vestiges of resistance in the city after a week of bombardment and fighting, residents who stayed on through last week's offensive were emerging and telling harrowing tales of the brutality they endured.

Flyposters still litter the walls bearing all manner of decrees from insurgent commanders, to be heeded on pain of death. Amid the rubble of the main shopping street, one decree bearing the insurgents' insignia - two Kalashnikovs propped together - and dated November 1 gives vendors three days to remove nine market stalls from outside the city's library or face execution. The pretext given is that the rebels wanted to convert the building into a headquarters for the "Mujahidin Advisory Council" through which they ran the city.

Another poster in the ruins of the souk bears testament to the strict brand of Sunni Islam imposed by the council, fronted by hardline cleric Abdullah Junabi. The decree warns all women that they must cover up from head to toe outdoors, or face execution by the armed militants who controlled the streets.

Two female bodies found yesterday suggest such threats were far from idle. An Arab woman, in a violet nightdress, lay in a post-mortem embrace with a male corpse in the middle of the street. Both bodies had died from bullets to the head. Just six metres away on the same street lay the decomposing corpse of a blonde-haired white woman, too disfigured for swift identification but presumed to be the body of one of the many foreign hostages kidnapped by the rebels. It was initially thought to be either the body of Margaret Hassan, the Dublin-born aid worker with dual British and Iraqi nationality who was kidnapped last month, or a Polish woman kidnapped two weeks ago. A Polish official said today there was no evidence to suggest that the body was that of the kidnapped Pole."

"But we were happy you did what you did [liberate the city] because Fallujah had been suffocated by the Mujahidin. Anyone considered suspicious would be slaughtered. We would see unknown corpses around the city all the time." The same story of arbitrary executions was told by another resident, found by US troops cowering in his home with his brother and his family.

"They would wear black masks, carry rocket-propelled grenades and Kalashnikovs, and search streets and alleys," said Iyad Assam, 24. "I would hear stories, about how they executed five men one day and seven another for collaborating with the Americans. They made checkpoints on the roads. They put announcements on walls banning music and telling women to wear the veil from head to toe."

It was not just pedlars of alcohol or Western videos and women deemed improperly dressed who faced the militants' wrath. Even residents who regard themselves as observant Muslims lived in fear because they did not share the puritan brand of Sunni Islam that the insurgents enforced. One devotee of a Sufi sect, followers of a mystical form of worship deemed herectical by the hardliners, told how he and other members of his order had lived in terror inside their homes for fear of retribution. "It was a very hard life. We couldn't move. We could not work," said the man sporting the white robe and skullcap prescribed by his faith. "If they had any issue with a person, they would kill him or throw him in jail."

Source: Timesonline

Look at that Pat. The "minutemen" you think are helping the Iraqis escape the boot of American imperialism are really violent thugs who have lost any support they may have had in Iraq. Could you explain to me again how it's not anti-american to equate these murderers with American minutemen?

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80382
11/26/04 01:54 PM
11/26/04 01:54 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
Quote:
The "minutemen" in Iraq aren't really bad people. They're freedom fighters, right?
That's odd. I don't remember saying they weren't bad people, so don't put words in my mouth. The other part is correct though. They're freedom fighters.

Quote:
You think it is ok for Michael Moore to support those who behead civilians, blow up american soldiers, and torture and kill Iraqis. This is excusable because they're fighting for "freedom"
Wow. Another odd remark. I don't remember saying I support them and I don't remember reading anything about Michael Moore supporting them. Calling them minutemen of Iraq isn't supporting them. They're the minutemen of Iraq.

Quote:
The insurgency isn't fighting to free Iraq Pat. They're fighting to destroy the United States.
They're fighting to rid the US of their country.

Quote:
Don't even try to suggest the insurgents are supported by the Iraqi population. Look at the stories of Iraqis who lived in Fallujah while it was under the control of Zarqawi and his terrorist followers.
And look at the stories of Iraqi's now. Iraq is twice as bad now as it was when we first entered. BTW, Iraq didn't have terrorists until we went into that country. We turned our backs on the center of terrorism in Afghanistan.
http://occupationwatch.org/article.php?list=type&type=13
http://occupationwatch.org/article.php?id=7923

Quote:
Look at that Pat. The "minutemen" you think are helping the Iraqis escape the boot of American imperialism are really violent thugs who have lost any support they may have had in Iraq.
Another odd statement. What a surprise. I never said the minutemen of Iraq were helping Iraqi people. I said they were fighting to get the US out of Iraq and fighting the US. BTW, don't talk about thugs if you don't know the true meaning. Thanks.

Quote:
Could you explain to me again how it's not anti-american to equate these murderers with American minutemen?
Could you explain to me how it IS anti-American to compare the insurgents in Iraq to our minutemen? I have said nothing anti-American in this post. -Pat

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80383
11/26/04 02:21 PM
11/26/04 02:21 PM
New York
M
Mr. Baggins Offline
Underboss
Mr. Baggins  Offline
M
Underboss
New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:
That's odd. I don't remember saying they weren't bad people, so don't put words in my mouth. The other part is correct though. They're freedom fighters.
Who's freedom are they fighting for Pat? Most of the insurgents aren't even from Iraq.

Quote:

Wow. Another odd remark. I don't remember saying I support them and I don't remember reading anything about Michael Moore supporting them. Calling them minutemen of Iraq isn't supporting them. They're the minutemen of Iraq.

Well PERHAPS you don't support the insurgents, but Michael Moore certainly does. I quote:
"The Iraqis who have risen up against the occupation are not "insurgents" or "terrorists" or "The Enemy." They are the revolution, the Minutemen, and their numbers will grow-and they will win".

According to Moore, the insurgents aren't even the enemy!
Quote:

And look at the stories of Iraqi's now. Iraq is twice as bad now as it was when we first entered. BTW, Iraq didn't have terrorists until we went into that country. We turned our backs on the center of terrorism in Afghanistan.
There were terrorists in Iraq before we attacked them. Abu Abbas, who was on the U.S. most wanted list, was in Iraq. Their were also reports of meetings between Iraqi officials and Al Qaeda operatives, including offers of safe harbor for Bin Laden. This is according to the 9/11 commission report. You also have to remember Saddam's support for Palestinian suicide bombers. At any rate, I don't plan on getting into another debate about why we're at war in Iraq, especially with someone like yourself. Oh and about the links, SOMETHING UNBIASED PLEASE

Quote:

Another odd statement. What a surprise. I never said the minutemen of Iraq were helping Iraqi people. I said they were fighting to get the US out of Iraq and fighting the US. BTW, don't talk about thugs if you don't know the true meaning. Thanks.

Could you explain to me how it IS anti-American to compare the insurgents in Iraq to our minutemen? I have said nothing anti-American in this post. -Pat
Oh no, more "odd" statements! Sorry I don't follow popular rap culture Pat, I just use the dictionaries definition of "thug" instead. After all, everyone can't be as knowledgeable as you are
:rolleyes:

Damn, just look what I got myself into. I wasted a few precious minutes of my young life responding to someone who thinks the Al Qaeda terrorists in Iraq can somehow be equated with American minutemen. I should probably return to watching Double-J argue with Pat instead .

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80384
11/26/04 02:28 PM
11/26/04 02:28 PM
DonMichaelCorleone Offline
DonMichaelCorleone  Offline

Quote:
I should probably return to watching Double-J argue with Pat instead [Big Grin] .
It is alot more fun. Grab a drink and a snack and its VERY enjoyable lol

"You gave your word, I never gave mine"
http://s2.gladiatus.us/game/c.php?uid=88380
Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80385
11/26/04 02:38 PM
11/26/04 02:38 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
Quote:
Who's freedom are they fighting for Pat? Most of the insurgents aren't even from Iraq.
They're fighting for freedom from democracy.

Quote:
Well PERHAPS you don't support the insurgents, but Michael Moore certainly does.
Ok... I could give 2 shits if Moore supports them. Just because I like the guy doesn't mean I agree with every single word he says.

Quote:
According to Moore, the insurgents aren't even the enemy!
They're revolutionaries.

Quote:
Oh and about the links, SOMETHING UNBIASED PLEASE
Yes, the Washington Post is so biased!

Quote:
Sorry I don't follow popular rap culture Pat
Apology accepted...this time.

Quote:
After all, everyone can't be as knowledgeable as you are
:)

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80386
11/27/04 02:39 PM
11/27/04 02:39 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Baggins:
I should probably return to watching Double-J argue with Pat instead
Haha, I don't visit the forum for a few days, and look what happens - two people take my place, and my post goes unnoticed (nice job btw both of you, Fifilopez and my buddy Baggins)

Quote:
They're freedom fighters.
Freedom for another oppresive extremist regime?

Quote:
They're the minutemen of Iraq.
This statement is the epitomy of arrogance. The "minutemen of Iraq," who hide behind masks, can use women and children to commit suicide bombings and sneak attacks. Yes, they are the same as our forefathers who stood up against the British taxation.

Quote:
We should leave.

Quote:
If Afghanistan is so bad, then why were there elections? Hell, there was a national golf tourney there recently. Iraq didn't have terrorists? What would you call Saddam Hussein? A "lethal persuader?" Maybe you'd call him a hero, like Castro.

BTW - OccupationWatch or whatever...I'd like to give my two cents - when have you ever actually seen a media outlet try to seriously show the Iraqis that are benefitting? That's not news, and nobody sees that.

Quote:
BTW, don't talk about thugs if you don't know the true meaning. Thanks.

Can you educate us in some thuganomics? We tried to post a dictionary link in another thread.

Quote:
Could you explain to me how it IS anti-American to compare the insurgents in Iraq to our minutemen?
1.) The United States is attempting to bring personal freedoms and rights to a land (Iraq) where there has previously been none. The British utilized the colonies soley for economic purpose, taxed them with none (or, at best, farcical) representation in Parliament, and exploited their citizens across the Atlantic.

2.) The "minutemen" of Iraq hide bhind masks, and attack civilians. The Minutement of Boston Harbor fought the British Army.

3.) Is it anti-American?

No. We should give the insurgents medals of honor, for trying to promote peace and stability. Comparing modern day thugs and murderers with true freedom fighters and soldiers is not only an insult to our forefathers, but portrays these insurgents as something of merit, which they clearly are not.

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80387
11/27/04 02:54 PM
11/27/04 02:54 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
Quote:
Freedom for another oppresive extremist regime?
Yes.

Quote:
This statement is the epitomy of arrogance. The "minutemen of Iraq," who hide behind masks, can use women and children to commit suicide bombings and sneak attacks. Yes, they are the same as our forefathers who stood up against the British taxation.

Quote:
We should leave.
We wouldn't have to leave if we never would've went in.

Quote:
If Afghanistan is so bad, then why were there elections? Hell, there was a national golf tourney there recently. Iraq didn't have terrorists? What would you call Saddam Hussein? A "lethal persuader?" Maybe you'd call him a hero, like Castro.
Afghanistan's new leader has nearly been assassinated over half a dozen times for Christ's sakes. If he leaves Kabul, someone tries to kill him. Saddam was a dictator. Don't know what's so hard to understand about that.

Quote:
BTW - OccupationWatch or whatever...I'd like to give my two cents - when have you ever actually seen a media outlet try to seriously show the Iraqis that are benefitting? That's not news, and nobody sees that.
Um. The articles on OccuupationWatch that I posted were from the Washington Post.

Quote:
Can you educate us in some thuganomics? We tried to post a dictionary link in another thread.
I explained the meaning to Signore the other day and provided him with a link. "Go and look back at the thread."

Quote:
1.) The United States is attempting to bring personal freedoms and rights to a land (Iraq) where there has previously been none. The British utilized the colonies soley for economic purpose, taxed them with none (or, at best, farcical) representation in Parliament, and exploited their citizens across the Atlantic.
That's great, but I really don't care. Iraq, just like the rest of the Middle East, will never be free.

Quote:
2.) The "minutemen" of Iraq hide bhind masks, and attack civilians. The Minutement of Boston Harbor fought the British Army.
The minutemen of Iraq attack everyone who don't fight for their cause.

Quote:
No. We should give the insurgents medals of honor, for trying to promote peace and stability. Comparing modern day thugs and murderers with true freedom fighters and soldiers is not only an insult to our forefathers, but portrays these insurgents as something of merit, which they clearly are not.
I don't remember saying I liked these guys nor do I remember saying they were doing the right thing, so don't put words in my mouth.

BTW, you didn't reply to any of my post that I posted to you. All you replied to was posts I made to Baggins. -Pat

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80388
11/27/04 02:55 PM
11/27/04 02:55 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
As I said, I don't want war with anyone unless it's absolutely needed. I said I'd rather go to war with Iraq over North Korea if I was forced to pick one.
Let's frame this forever...

Quote:
"I said I'd rather go to war with Iraq over North Korea if I was forced to pick one." -Patrick
There.

Quote:
Damn right. Why did you guys think I wanted war against the country?
I just wanted to clarify who we were talking about when we said "Sudan."

Quote:
The war in Iraq will fail to bring democracy to the country after we leave.
I agree, very likely. I wish we'd leave now.

Quote:
Poverty will never be solved,but that $225 billion certainly wouldn't hurt.
Even if we wouldn't have warred with Iraq, that money, for the most part, wouldn't have been allocated to alleviate poverty.

Quote:
That's my point DJ. I think this intelligence was ignored. Why did it take until we were attacked to make a terror level chart or take extra measures?
I don't. Why did it take so long? Because there was no precedent; the United States hadn't been attacked since Pearl Harbor in that way.

Quote:
Welcome to the Middle East... [Razz]
I find your humour rather unwarrented.

Quote:
Rough enviroment: Mom or Dad left them and one of their parents was a drug abuser. They were forced to get a job and needed to support their family. They're unable to afford college. They turn to drug dealing and various other things. I think you have my point of view wrong here. I don't think big time drug dealers (how about Tony Montana as an example) should get looked upon. I think people just trying to savage money to live deserve more then one chance. Unfortunately, it's the other way around in our society.
Okay, I can see your point here. Like I said, the penal system should take into account such things, but at the same time, should still punish the convicted party regardless, in accordance with statues on the crime committed.

Quote:
Which is why it needs to be a tad bit edited.
Millions and millions of people warrents a slight fix?

Since we've only gone back and forth, what would you suggest for fixes? I'm interested to hear your thoughts on this.

Quote:
Um. Do you realize that these women have to live with their descision the rest of their life? I highly, highly doubt that it gets off their mind.
Clearly it's not bothering the 1.31 million (source: USA today) women who are still committing murder annually in the United States alone.

Quote:
Because I don't allow my religion to impact my beliefs on the public and society.
Well what beliefs is it supposed to bloody well affect then? The ones you hide in your room?

Quote:
My religion is my business and my religion only comes into effect when it isn't effecting anyone else but me.
Again, I don't oppose abortion because I am a Catholic, though it involves my faith in my case. My belief in this case is, sans the aforementioned religion, is ethical and scientific, both of which clearly indicate that abortion is murder.

Quote:
So that means you supported John Kerry on promoting contraception among teens, rather then Bush's method of promoting abstinence among teens?
w00t. Am I supposed to have a heart attack because , coincidentally, John Kerry and I agree on something?

Wow. I think hell is frozen over now.

:rolleyes:

Quote:
Michael Moore is patriotic and loves his country.
Again, I find this wholly laughable. I think he should move someplace else and see if he is able to make a documentary against that government...maybe Singapore perhaps.

He enjoys the personal freedom to disagree with his government, not slander said institution.

Regards,
Double-J

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80389
11/27/04 03:06 PM
11/27/04 03:06 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Yes.
w00t.

Quote:
No, they are blasphemous would-be martyrs.

Quote:
We wouldn't have to leave if we never would've went in.
w00t. Impressive logic, were you good at mathematical proofs in junior high?

Quote:
Afghanistan's new leader has nearly been assassinated over half a dozen times for Christ's sakes. If he leaves Kabul, someone tries to kill him. Saddam was a dictator. Don't know what's so hard to understand about that.
What's so hard to understand?

You're right. Stalin and Hitler we're just plain dictators too.

Quote:
Um. The articles on OccuupationWatch that I posted were from the Washington Post.
Um. You're missing my point completely. I'm talking about media bias in general.

Quote:
I explained the meaning to Signore the other day and provided him with a link. "Go and look back at the thread."

Quote:
That's great, but I really don't care.
Somehow, I'm not surprised.

Quote:
Iraq, just like the rest of the Middle East, will never be free.
That's a pretty bold statement. Free from what?

Quote:
The minutemen of Iraq attack everyone who don't fight for their cause.
That makes them real heroes. :rolleyes:

Maybe Paul Revere should've whacked the wives and children of British soldiers. After all, they were against his cause, too.

Quote:
BTW, you didn't reply to any of my post that I posted to you. All you replied to was posts I made to Baggins.
Umm...okay. I did, and I just did now.

Regards,
Double-J

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80390
11/27/04 03:27 PM
11/27/04 03:27 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
Quote:
I agree, very likely. I wish we'd leave now.
So do I.

Quote:
Even if we wouldn't have warred with Iraq, that money, for the most part, wouldn't have been allocated to alleviate poverty.
Oh yeh, Bush's friends. I forgot.

Quote:
I don't. Why did it take so long? Because there was no precedent; the United States hadn't been attacked since Pearl Harbor in that way.
What about the USS Cole and the WTC bombing?

Quote:
Millions and millions of people warrents a slight fix?
Yes.

Quote:
Clearly it's not bothering the 1.31 million (source: USA today) women who are still committing murder annually in the United States alone.
Go talk to a woman who got an abortion and ask her how much runs through her head each day about it. It's something they'll never forget.

Quote:
Well what beliefs is it supposed to bloody well affect then? The ones you hide in your room?
My spiritual beliefs are my personal spiritual beliefs. I won't let those personal beliefs impact everyone else's.

Quote:
Again, I don't oppose abortion because I am a Catholic
You oppose it because you think abortion is murder and that murder is against your religion, so yes, you oppose it because you're Catholic.

Quote:
Again, I find this wholly laughable. I think he should move someplace else and see if he is able to make a documentary against that government...maybe Singapore perhaps.
Michael Moore's movie was no different then the Stolen Honors documentary, FahrenHYPE 9/11, or anything like that.

Quote:
No, they are blasphemous would-be martyrs.
Minutemen of Iraq.

Quote:
Impressive logic
Thanks.

Quote:
What's so hard to understand?

You're right. Stalin and Hitler we're just plain dictators too.
Hmm, so I can't compare FDR to Bush, Pearl Harbor to 9/11, but you can still compare Hitler to Saddam?

Quote:
You're missing my point completely. I'm talking about media bias in general.
We need more liberal media. The conservative media is taking over.

Quote:
That's a pretty bold statement. Free from what?
Free like the US.

Quote:
That makes them real heroes.
I never said it made them heroes. I said they were the Minutemen of Iraq and were fighting for their country. -Pat

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80391
11/27/04 04:50 PM
11/27/04 04:50 PM
New York
M
Mr. Baggins Offline
Underboss
Mr. Baggins  Offline
M
Underboss
New York
How are they fighting for "their" country when most of them are not even Iraqi?

How are the terrorists fighting for their country when they don't have the support of the population (as I recall you ignored the information I posted about what the residents of fallujah thought of the "freedom fighters")?

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80392
11/27/04 04:51 PM
11/27/04 04:51 PM
USA
Missfifilopez Offline
Wiseguy
Missfifilopez  Offline
Wiseguy
USA
I'm sure Michael Moore is entitled to do what he chooses and whichever side he is on is not the side of the troops bc his actions just like Jane Fonda's during the Vietnam War cost us many of our P.O.W's life. I know Pat, how can writing a book and going on TV to talk about voting hurt our soldiers? when he's putting down our President it appears America has gone to their respective corners once again. When at the beginning of this war we had not only our allies on our side but every single American as well. Sad to say now but everyone has their personal opinions about the troops but no one can hear what the troops want. We don't want to die but we don't want to live in our own country in fear either.

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80393
11/27/04 05:39 PM
11/27/04 05:39 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
Quote:
I'm sure Michael Moore is entitled to do what he chooses and whichever side he is on is not the side of the troops
Considering his new book is about soldiers who wrote him thanking him about making Fahrenheit 9/11, I highly doubt all the soldiers hate him.

Quote:
when he's putting down our President it appears America has gone to their respective corners once again.
So what about the other 55 million + who put down our President?

Quote:
When at the beginning of this war we had not only our allies on our side but every single American as well.
That's because Bush lied to us and said Iraq had WMDs and wanted to use them against us.

Quote:
Sad to say now but everyone has their personal opinions about the troops but no one can hear what the troops want.
Who cares what the troops want?! I'm so sick of hearing about it. Our soldiers sign up to defend our country. Why should we send them gifts and snack packs when they have a bed to sleep on each night? There's people starving in America and these troops want more then what they need.

Quote:
We don't want to die but we don't want to live in our own country in fear either.
Disliking our President doesn't mean we dislike the troops. -Pat

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80394
11/27/04 05:58 PM
11/27/04 05:58 PM
New York
M
Mr. Baggins Offline
Underboss
Mr. Baggins  Offline
M
Underboss
New York
Quote:
Who cares what the troops want?! I'm so sick of hearing about it. Our soldiers sign up to defend our country. Why should we send them gifts and snack packs when they have a bed to sleep on each night? There's people starving in America and these troops want more then what they need.
-Pat [/QB]
I'm glad to hear you finally come out of the closet Pat. You really DO NOT support our troops. You think the people who are risking their lives daily for their country are not worth a damn. Instead we should throw even MORE money at impoverished poeople who won't use it to improve their lives anyways. You think our greedy troops "want more than what they need". You've went quite a bit overboard on this one, although frankly I'm not surprised you think those that are dying to defend you are not worthy of a few small gifts from back home. Disgusting.

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80395
11/27/04 06:40 PM
11/27/04 06:40 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
Quote:
I'm glad to hear you finally come out of the closet Pat. You really DO NOT support our troops. You think the people who are risking their lives daily for their country are not worth a damn. Instead we should throw even MORE money at impoverished poeople who won't use it to improve their lives anyways. You think our greedy troops "want more than what they need". You've went quite a bit overboard on this one, although frankly I'm not surprised you think those that are dying to defend you are not worthy of a few small gifts from back home. Disgusting.
You disgust me. Who are you to question an impoverished one's intelligence? You think if someone has one setback in life that they shouldn't be given the chance to get a new job or get a new house? BTW, how does not wanting to send soldiers things that they don't need 'not support them?' Soldiers don't need these snack packs and things that they keep requesting. Soldiers need weapons and armor to fight in war, not a damn snack pack.

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80396
11/27/04 07:02 PM
11/27/04 07:02 PM
Signore Sole Aumentante Offline
Capo
Signore Sole Aumentante  Offline
Capo
I don't think the other guy phrased it well, but if the soldiers want some f*ckig snack packs, we should give them some f*cking snack packs. They're contributions are something that is beyond your understanding... after what they're doing all day if they want some snacks then why can't they have snacks? You'd rather send this food to low-lifes on the street who won't even work, or other low-lifes that are just heading for prison. I'll tell you who should care what the troops want-- you.

Oh yeah, Bush didn't lie to us. If anyone lied, it was the CIA, MI6, and Russian Intel. If it was Bush's job to know better than what the CIA tells him, and what other agencies are confirming, I don't know how he could have known it was ba intel.

Quote:
Soldiers need weapons and armor to fight in war, not a damn snack pack.
Well maybe you should send them a f*cking letter telling them to forget the snack pack, and get out their with their gun and put their life on the line while you sit back in freedom and complain that they want snacks.

"Today I settled all family business, so don't tell me you're innocent, Carlo-" Michael Corleone

"I punks ed i gruppi ed i rappers moderni hanno avuti timore migliore il sole aumentante di questa cosa di il nostro."
Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80397
11/27/04 07:08 PM
11/27/04 07:08 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
Quote:
You'd rather send this food to low-lifes on the street who won't even work, or other low-lifes that are just heading for prison. I'll tell you who should care what the troops want-- you.
We're not TELLING them to put their lives on the line. They volunteered for the Army, Marines, Navy, or whatever. We didn't force them to do it and if I were a freaking soldier over there, I'd want a gun and armor a whole lot more then a damn snack pack. I'd feel better knowing that the food went to a homeless person then me, when I already have food. You all saw the pictures from Thanksgiving. They all had their turkey and big meal. There are people here who DIDN'T.

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80398
11/27/04 07:33 PM
11/27/04 07:33 PM
Signore Sole Aumentante Offline
Capo
Signore Sole Aumentante  Offline
Capo
Well then maybe they should join the military if they have such a great time over there with their turkey.

"Today I settled all family business, so don't tell me you're innocent, Carlo-" Michael Corleone

"I punks ed i gruppi ed i rappers moderni hanno avuti timore migliore il sole aumentante di questa cosa di il nostro."
Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80399
11/27/04 11:48 PM
11/27/04 11:48 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
Quote:
Well then maybe they should join the military if they have such a great time over there with their turkey.
The majority of the military are already the lower class. The people who you want to forget are the ones who are fighting for you. -Pat

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80400
11/28/04 03:05 AM
11/28/04 03:05 AM
Graveyard
The Iceman Offline
Official BB Hitman
The Iceman  Offline
Official BB Hitman
Underboss
Graveyard
Good grief this thread just won't die.

it's been my view that patrick will say anything to defend that piece of you know what. I'm sure you all know who I'm referring to.

I'd also like to add. Mr Baggins, Double J, and anyone else I maybe forgetting. Keep it up, you all shoot patricks arguments down very nicely.

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80401
11/28/04 03:07 AM
11/28/04 03:07 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Quote:
Originally posted by The Iceman:
Good grief this thread just won't die.
It died on the first page but nobody had the nerve to tell the combatants that.

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80402
11/28/04 03:25 AM
11/28/04 03:25 AM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
Quote:
Originally posted by The Iceman:

it's been my view that patrick will say anything to defend that piece of you know what. I'm sure you all know who I'm referring to.

I'd also like to add. Mr Baggins, Double J, and anyone else I maybe forgetting. Keep it up, you all shoot patricks arguments down very nicely.
Considering I said that I don't agree with everything Moore says, I don't know how that's 'defending him.' Also, better grammar skills would be nice.

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80403
11/28/04 03:59 AM
11/28/04 03:59 AM
Graveyard
The Iceman Offline
Official BB Hitman
The Iceman  Offline
Official BB Hitman
Underboss
Graveyard
Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by The Iceman:
[b]

Considering I said that I don't agree with everything Moore says, I don't know how that's 'defending him.' Also, better grammar skills would be nice. [/b][/quote]Patrick I was referring to Micheal Moore calling the insurgents in Iraq. Minutemen you've defended that statement every single time. Moore is clearly wrong on that issue.

Now you're resorting to basically attacking my grammar skills. Oh you wound me :rolleyes:

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80404
11/28/04 09:54 AM
11/28/04 09:54 AM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
So do I.
Wow! We finally agree on something.

Quote:
Oh yeh, Bush's friends. I forgot.
Oh yeah. Going into corrupt political programs, like Ted Kennedy/John Kerry's Bostonian fiasco known as "The Big Dig."

Quote:
What about the USS Cole and the WTC bombing?
Both were conventional, since they were bombings. Also, neither was on the scale of 9/11 or Pearl Harbor (that doesn't excuse the act, or the seriousness of the crimes).

Quote:
Yes.
I think maybe if it was a few hundred, a slight fix would be in order, but when we're talking millions, an overhaul is necessary, especially if the system itself admits it will collapse within our lifetimes.

Quote:
Go talk to a woman who got an abortion and ask her how much runs through her head each day about it. It's something they'll never forget.
w00t. Good. It should haunt her.

Clearly, the baby thinks about it every day too, since it's dead.

Quote:
My spiritual beliefs are my personal spiritual beliefs. I won't let those personal beliefs impact everyone else's.
My guess is that you neglected to read the part where it says to teach and spread the word of Christ...

Again, I'm not letting my religious beliefs impact anyone else - my feelings on this and gay marriage, for the sake of this argument, come from ethics. But that notwithstanding, I could give two flying fucks whether someone is offended because I have strong moral and religious convictions.

Clearly it bothers some democrats that our President (not unlike Reagan...hmm) has a strong, faith-based moral system.

Quote:
ou oppose it because you think abortion is murder and that murder is against your religion, so yes, you oppose it because you're Catholic.
Really? I didn't know you couldn't oppose a procedure because it is also ethically and scientifically murder, as well.

Quote:
Michael Moore's movie was no different then the Stolen Honors documentary, FahrenHYPE 9/11, or anything like that.
Except his came first. :p

Quote:
Minutemen of Iraq.
You spit upon our forefathers and their sacrifice with that statement.

Quote:
Hmm, so I can't compare FDR to Bush, Pearl Harbor to 9/11, but you can still compare Hitler to Saddam?
You're comparing dictators, and their genocidal tendancies. I have no problem bringing in two relevant examples.

Your comparisons of FDR and Bush ante-post are unwarrented and unvalid, because you seem to think FDR and Bush had similar situations (other than an attack on the United States).

Quote:
We need more liberal media. The conservative media is taking over.

You're serious, aren't you?

Yeah.

CBS & NBC & ABC & CNN & Headline News & MSNBC v. Fox.

I see a trend here...

Quote:
Free like the US.
Their "minutemen" will surely keep that in line, right? Since they are fighting for rights and independance?

Quote:
That's because Bush lied to us and said Iraq had WMDs and wanted to use them against us.
I guess Kerry lied too, since he saw the intelligence, and voted to go to war.

Quote:
THE EPITOME OF ARROGANCE.

Deserves it's own thread.

Regards,
Double-J

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80405
11/28/04 04:13 PM
11/28/04 04:13 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
Quote:
Oh yeah. Going into corrupt political programs, like Ted Kennedy/John Kerry's Bostonian fiasco known as "The Big Dig."
Corrupt like Haliburton.

Quote:
Both were conventional, since they were bombings. Also, neither was on the scale of 9/11 or Pearl Harbor (that doesn't excuse the act, or the seriousness of the crimes).
An attack is an attack. Osama did it before. He could do it again.

Quote:
Clearly, the baby thinks about it every day too, since it's dead.
The fetus or embryo, you mean.

Quote:
Again, I'm not letting my religious beliefs impact anyone else - my feelings on this and gay marriage, for the sake of this argument, come from ethics.
So you're saying that homosexuality is a bad ethic?

Quote:
Really?
Yes.

Quote:
Except his came first.
Ok? What's your point?

Quote:
You're serious, aren't you?
Yes. When George W. Bush was running for President in 2000, his national guard performance was mentioned 17 times. The Clinton/Lewinsky scandal was mentioned over 13,000 times. Source: Alan Colmes

Quote:
Their "minutemen" will surely keep that in line, right? Since they are fighting for rights and independance?
They're fighting for THEIR rights and THEIR beliefs. I never said they were the right beliefs.

Quote:
I guess Kerry lied too, since he saw the intelligence, and voted to go to war.
He saw the intelligence that Bush told everyone was accurate.

Quote:
THE EPITOME OF ARROGANCE.
Do you have an attention disorder or something? Making the own thread only makes a fool out of you, so I look forward to it. -Pat

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80406
11/28/04 10:29 PM
11/28/04 10:29 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Corrupt like Haliburton.
Ooh, good call. Pretty soon, you'll be telling me to go out and buy some Heinz ketchup. :p

Quote:
An attack is an attack. Osama did it before. He could do it again.
Not when we're comparing conventional versus unconventional...

Quote:
The fetus or embryo, you mean.
Trivialize life again, you (expletive). Whatever you call it, it's still a human being.

Quote:
So you're saying that homosexuality is a bad ethic?
Yes.

Quote:
Yes.
Well, you're wrong. You still have yet to prove how it isn't murder, despite your belief that the womb is some kind of life-giving passage or stepping stone that defines living or unliving, which, is coincidentally, scientifically wrong.

Quote:
Ok? What's your point?
My point is that the others you mentioned came almost in retort towards the "original," Michael Moore shockumentary.

Quote:
Yes. When George W. Bush was running for President in 2000, his national guard performance was mentioned 17 times. The Clinton/Lewinsky scandal was mentioned over 13,000 times.
Your point? He never relied on his military service, as opposed to someone else we know with three highly questionable purple hearts...

Quote:
They're fighting for THEIR rights and THEIR beliefs. I never said they were the right beliefs.
So you commend them even if their motives defy freedom?

Quote:
He saw the intelligence that Bush told everyone was accurate.
You mean the intelligence collected and displayed to Bush, which he then passed along to congress.

I still love how liberals make it "Bush's" intelligence.

Quote:
Do you have an attention disorder or something? Making the own thread only makes a fool out of you, so I look forward to it.
Who is the fool? The fool himself, or the fool who follows him? Clearly you've had to defend your ridiculous stance. I have no problem displaying to the rest of the boards your sincere feelings as opposed to your "I'm a patriotic american who hates our government, but loves our liberties, and the poor, but hates tax cuts, even if I don't pay them, anti-troop support" cookie-cutting liberal opinion.

Regards,
Double-J

Re: "Dear World, Sorry." -55,949,407 US voters #80407
11/28/04 10:40 PM
11/28/04 10:40 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
Quote:
Ooh, good call.
I thought so myself.

Quote:
Not when we're comparing conventional versus unconventional...
That's purely an opinion. Bush was wrong not to look into the Osama report. PERIOD.

Quote:
Trivialize life again, you (expletive).
This is the 3rd or 4th thing we've had to stop talking about because your maturity level doesn't allow you to handle it.

Quote:
Yes.
Then I would say that you're homophobic and are afraid of homosexuals, which you can get counseling for (seriously).

Quote:
Well, you're wrong. You still have yet to prove how it isn't murder, despite your belief that the womb is some kind of life-giving passage or stepping stone that defines living or unliving, which, is coincidentally, scientifically wrong.
It isn't murder. It's choice. It's not murder until the fetus is out of the womb and it's able to live on its' own.

Quote:
My point is that the others you mentioned came almost in retort towards the "original," Michael Moore shockumentary.
And what about the thousands upon thousands of conservative books made before Moore's movie? There are far more conservative books then liberal.

Quote:
Your point?
The media is more conservative then it is liberal.

Quote:
So you commend them even if their motives defy freedom?
I'm not 'commending' them. I think that they're doing what they truly believe in.

Quote:
You mean the intelligence collected and displayed to Bush, which he then passed along to congress.
No, I mean the intelligence that he told all citizens about even after he knew it was false.

Quote:
Who is the fool?
You.

Quote:
Clearly you've had to defend your ridiculous stance.
You call my stance ridiculous because it disagrees with yours. Even I wouldn't stoop to the level of insulting your stance. Your opinion? Fine. It only matters to me when you try and make it impactful on society. -Pat

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull