Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
Originally Posted By: oldschool3
However, the remnants are very much still "organized" and functional....

.....when it comes to the bread and butter LCN schemes, they are very much still present, and active and still kicking up.

Care to provide any evidence of this?

Anything apart from 'I know' indicating there still exists any organisation whatsover?

Not backing him up, but to be fair, how would one provide any evidence? The only way you could do that would be with newspaper articles or a recent case (or prosecution). There have been no mob trials in Pittsburgh since the late 1990's. I don't know if they DO or DON'T still continue to function as an organized family, that's why I was asking questions. Most of the "experts" here believe that the Pittsburgh family is dead, and I wouldn't completely agree or disagree with them. There are things that can support both sides of the argument. However, like he pointed out in his previous post, most everyone here just goes off of recycled information provided by the FBI some 15-20 years ago.

There are definitely guys still around that are remnants of the former Pittsburgh LCN organization, and they are operating in some sort of way. Ciancutti and Iannelli are both old, but still involved in gambling. There was just a bust last year that involved a few of them and many of the sons and younger generations of family associates. Do they still operate as a family? I have no idea. I can agree that their numbers are definitely low, but again, they have always had a low number of made men and relied heavily on associates.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with anybody. I just don't know how one could provide evidence. And besides, a newspaper article or outdated police information from over a decade ago isn't an end all, be all.