Originally Posted By: oldschool3
If you read any of my postings, all that I am stating is that the remnants are still here and still operating. The power that the family once wielded is gone, but to say that it doesn't exist is simply wrong. The "experts" to which you so glowingly refer are relying on information that is at least 15 years old, and coming from an FBI agent that hasn't been around since at least 1995. I have no direct knowledge of the other cities that you mention.
But, if you are asking for direct "proof", then we must take down most of the postings on this site..there are no formal anouncements that the local LCN is up and operating and having a grand opening.
I am not here to get into a squirting match, I am simply stating what my experience and knowledge has been, and nothing more.

I wasn't disagreeing with you, I hope you didn't take it that way. Like I said, I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with anybody. I just simply wanted to hear some different opinions.

And I'm 100% with you on the so called experts. I posted that same thing in one of my previous responses. And one situation where I do agree with you is on the whole "proof" thing. There is no way to prove anything, other than newspaper articles or what law enforcement decides to tell us. And again, like I said before, newspaper reports are not an end all, be all.

I had the same disagreement with somebody on another site discussing the hierarchy in Philadelphia. This person wanted references to allow me to post about who was who at the top of the family. And I was thinking, what can you really know about LCN, if you are looking for a reference on who is filling what positions. As you said, the mob does not put out press releases when they decide to promote or demote someone.