This is possibly the best postseason in baseball history thus far, and four-game Friday two weeks ago may have been the single greatest day of playoff baseball with the orioles coming back late to sink the Tigers, the Giants holding on to beat the Nats, the Cardinals mounting a furious comeback to shock Kershaw and the Dodgers and then getting the last out of the game with Puig on third, and the Royals going extra innings to beat the Angels.

These series really mark a return to pure baseball where the games are played and won on the bases, not determined by chemically induced slugfests that marginalized the role of pitching and defense. I love these 2-1 type games where every base runner is crucial and teams make moves to advance him or stop him. In the recent past base runners usually just waited to see if batters could drive him in with a homer.

I got to see the Giants play the Pirates in the wild card game, and on the following day I went to see the o's and tigers in Baltimore. It's really enjoyable to see the energy of postseason baseball.

I like the Giants, but am hoping that the Cardinals come back to win their series. St. Louis is the best baseball town in America, and it would be nice to see another KC-St.L series so that the Cards can get revenge for Don Dekinger.