Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples

In fact, in China in members of the triads are very numerous because being a corrupt country fails to curb the problem, is distinguished by the triad tong which is a more violent version being composed by the worst of the worst from people that is not accepted by the triads.

Things isnt like that. Its not for Chinese government, but hongkong ruled by Britain.
Triads never make it into mainland of China, actually only hongkong and taiwan is the traditional base of triads groups. Also some of the southern cities of Guangdong and Fujian province,especially Chaozhou.
But look at what happened in the mainland, i can tell you dozens of gang leaders who were arrested and sentenced to death. Government enforcement succeed in keeping large OC organizations away from most of the large cities, though i have to say they werent using legal system power.
90s in northeastern China, gang leaders such as SongJiayu, LiuYong were taken down easily, and nearly everybody involve in there activity was sentenced to death.
2008,Qingdao, Shandong province, the largest OC group, NieLei organization was destroyed.NieLei was sentenced to death.
This year, richest man in SiChuan province, LiuHan was arrested for leading a powerful gang.and he was sentenced to death 5 weeks ago.
So where triads come from?
I have to say 70% comes from Hongkong.
In 60s Hongkong was a corrupted city,due to lack of law enforcement.