Originally Posted By: U talkin' da me ??
I have loved Led Zeppelin since I discovered their blues-based hard rock music in 1969, at the age of 14.

Now, after John Bonham's death, I have acquired a new appreciation of the drummer, as the driving force behind Led Zeppelin.

I could even say, that now, I believe that John Henry Bonham was the Heart & Soul of Led Zeppelin.

Form time to time, on the internet, I have come across studio outtakes from Led Zeppelin sessions, that feature the drumming of John Bonham on a track. I listen to those and savor every wonderful lick by the best Rock'n'Roll drummer, imo, that the world has ever known.

I've read descriptions that Bonham hit the drums so hard, yet was also know for his delicacy on the quieter numbers.

A serious argument could be made that all 4 members of Led Zeppelin were an all-star cast of musicians in one band. Jimmy Page was an A-list studio guitarist and J.P. Jones was a respected session musician prior to LZ. Throw in the youth and relative obscurity of Bonham and Robert Plant prior to their stints in Zeppelin.