Source about the Maranzano hit, comes from a report given by Abe Wagner who stated that it was organized by Meyer Lansky and Louis Buchalter as a favor for Luciano, but did not name the killers, only saying they were all Jewish. This was back in 1932 when he turned on the newly formed Murder Inc.

Sources for the Massaria hit, are Nicolo Gentile who wrote that Lucky was at his home most of the day and even at the time Massaria was killed. Frank Costello, Meyer Lansky, and Thomas Greco were there along with a couple of top guys in Massaria gang. The other source is word of mouth. Salvatore Chiri was present at the Massaria hit, and Joe invited Vito Genovese and Joe Adonis to discuss eliminating someone named Grimaldi who was a top guy in Maranzano gang that was hijacking Massaria's trucks in New Jersey. Chiri was a back up shooter who stood outside with another guy named Tony Green, who was Italian, in case Joe reached the door. Genovese, Adonis were two of the shooters, Anastasia, and Moretti were the other two that seemed to come out of nowhere, one of the shooters was able to get off a couple of shots before his gun jammed. Ciro Terranova and Salvatore Moretti, brother to Willie Moore were two of the getaway drivers. This is all from word of mouth. So take it for what's its worth. Salvatore Chiri could have been one of the shooters but decided to lay the blame on the other four.

Maranzano was trying to take out Capone, but when Joe Aiello was killed, it weakened those that were willing to fight for Salvatore, to were they relocated or went over to the Capones forces, thus Maranzano had no foot hold nor the resources to have Al killed in Chicago.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green