Originally Posted By: Faithful1
Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
There's an American Mafia article about the Last Testament Of Lucky Luciano and its authenticity. While it was a movie script originally, it only became a book after Luciano got word from NY that he wasn't allowed to make no movie. The people who doubted the book and if it even came from Luciano himself, have also written a shitload of inaccuracies in their own Luciano books. Neither of those containing Luciano's own words. I don't think it can be doubted that the Last Testament book is really Luciano's own testimony, however the common belief is he himself wasn't truthful with the author. It should be noted that all those who criticized the Last Testament book, in their own books write about the Night Of The Vespucci, as if it actually happened. It's now common fact that Luciano didnt have a bunch of mustache petes in 15 states murdered all within a few hours. The Last Testament was the only book at the time that denied it happening in the first place.

It's possible Luciano was directly involved with Marazano's murder. But I personally doubt it and think the Murder Inc. Jew squad theory, is a lot closer to reality than people think.

It wasn't the first. Joseph Albini in his book "The American Mafia" said it earlier. Some of the exact words used in this section of "The Last Testament" came from books published by Hank Messick in the late 1960s and early 1970s. How does a book where Lucky Luciano is supposedly giving his confession before he died in 1962 quote books that were published years after he died?

It may not have been the first, but at the time it was one of the few. And did Hank Messick even write a book on Luciano? The only ones I know of is "Lansky" and "Kill The Dutchman", which is the story of Dutch Schultz. And does the book quote those other books as if it's Luciano saying it, or is it the authors POV? The book wasn't written until years after Luciano died, like 7 or 10 years later, supposedly at Luciano's request, that could be why the book quotes other books from a later time period, that theory is only plausible if like I said, it's just the author inserting his POV, which happens a lot throughout the book.

I'm not one to write the book off as complete bullshit, as after doing research, combined with those two articles published by AM, many of the authors and mafia investigators who dismissed the books, also had books about Luciano out at the time, and they're books included inaccuracies and just flat out lies, much like the book they dismissed. I think Gosch did speak to Luciano, I think he and Luciano were acquainted and that he did have notes of Luciano's words. I just don't think Luciano was real honest with the guy and embellished a lot of his own history, the author is guilty of this as well. But I don't share the opinion that the book should just be written off. I think in order to get true facts about Luciano's life, you have to cross reference The Last Testament with books like Boardwalk Gangster, and the book about his prostitution trial. Fact is they all include inaccuracies, and just straight up falsehoods, but some things in them are fact, and they should be looked at as a whole to get a better understanding of the guy and his life, as opposed to just standing on their own as separate works of literature.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 11/27/14 09:55 AM.