Originally Posted By: Turnbull
PB, didn't you once tell me that "To Be Loved" was the wedding song for someone in your family? Great choice.

I told you that years ago. You've got some memory, Old Timer grin.

Yes, it was my parents wedding song. They were married in the Fall of '58 (they didn't waste any time because I was born a year later lol).

And what's funny is, from all of the research that I've done (and correct me if I'm wrong), it wasn't THAT big a hit when it was released earlier that year. And Jackie had only released singles up until that point. I don't think he actually cut an album until the '60s, so it's not like they heard it on an album before it got any radio play. From what I understand, it became very popular at weddings in the early '60s, so I guess they were a bit ahead of the curve.

Originally Posted By: Turnbull
Mine was "Love is a Many Splendored Thing," which was the equivalent of a marriage license--if it wasn't played at your wedding when your bride walked down the aisle, you weren't really married.

The Four Aces, or a band? wink

As you know, my Pop is 85 now. He loves the Four Aces. The lead singer is still alive and still singing if I remember right. I saw them all that long ago on one of TJ's PBS specials.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.