Originally Posted By: rockstar_man45
@LaLouisiana I think you have to consider wedlock a factor in the dropping standards of African American culture. What do they see when their dad walks out on them? The way he treats their mother and other women around him? How does he behave and go about himself? Young black males in this country are more likely to be killed than any other ethnic group and it's not by cops or by white people but by another black person. There's a reason for this and I believe it's self perpetuating. Lack of education, poverty and improper role models (rappers) are all factors. But wedlock black males without fathers are more likely to end up in jail and have confrontations with the police. It's a problem.

Don't get me wrong, I understand and can agree what your saying, but being from the rural south the way I see it, it's more on the morals of parenting in general rather if it's one or both. Regardless of growing up in the ghetto ruins, or growing up in a white trash trailer park, if your parent(s) don't push you to be something better than what your currently living, regardless of race, they both end up in the same boat.

I mean what's the difference between a black ghetto male joining a street gang and selling dope on the street corner and a white trash kid that joins a 1% biker gang and peddles meth? A bike and the color of their skin?? A piece of shit is a piece of shit correct? (Pardon my French)

So in that reference, I blame it on the parenting. Usually to find out how someone ends up a low life, you simply look back at their parents and the values they hold. AND that's regardless of race. I'd actually like to know what the wedlock factor is for white criminals, Number-wise it probably won't be as high, but I'm sure the drop off may be just as noticeable between out of wedlock and wedlock success to failure rate.

And for all I know I may be wrong, I'm just a dumb white kid from the swamp. lol

"What are you cacklin' hens cluckin' about?!?!"

"Is that him?!? With the sombrero on?!?"