Originally Posted By: Belmont
Anyone remember back in the 90's, an under cover cop or a corrupt cop infiltrated a lucchese crew in yonkers, the lucchese guy may have been named Giampi or something like that. Maybe PB knows?
It was an interesting story.

There was no "infiltration." The whole mess was a lover's quarrel gone bad.

Joey Giampa, his stepson Gerry and Richie Sabol got involved with a dirty cop named Vinny Davis. Davis tipped Gerry that Sabol was a rat, but Davis and Sabol were also involved in a beef over a girl. It was ridiculous. Gerry had no choice but to protect himself on the stand from the dirty cop, which got him branded half a rat. But it really wasn't fair because he never gave testimony about anyone except the dirty cop. But they chased him anyway.

Gerry's back around, a virtual giant, but not around the life anymore. Joey's one of Stevie's best friends and top captains. Sabol was indeed a rat. And I don't know or care what happened to the dirty cop. I know he got a stiff prison sentence but I don't know what happened to him after.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.