Originally Posted By: LittleNicky
Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
Originally Posted By: LittleNicky
Their conviction rate in these mafia cases is easily 90%+ and it isn't because they play fair. They play for keeps- ethical rules be damned.

They bat 900 because they get indicments when the preponderance of evidence overwhelmingly points to conviction.
To state the conviction rate is 90% because they're unethical is more than slightly incorrect.

Where do you live sonny? It's beyond a reasonable doubt in every us jurisdiction.

I would point you to several books from former prosecutors making this point- about prosecutorial leverage at a federal level- but I doubt you have any interest in actually learning something.

You are right,i dont know nothing about it and nobody in my family has ever been to jail or even close,so i belive what you all are saying.

To get get back on topic,to me and ONLY to me,myself and i,a guys who reads books about the LCN and everything to do with NY in general,topic of Gotti aswell as his legacy is dull and spread out.He is not interasting to me at all not to mention his son.John sr,a guy who couldnt do anything more than loan shark and gamble.His son who is called an idiot by his own father,is a story for himself.Grow up needing nothing in a middle class community,went to that academy and so on..Now he wanted to be a gangster,thats so wrong in manny ways.Than he gets made at 24,talk about nepotism.That guy has no charm no charisma,not one bit.He will never see a dime from me personally,nor do i belive his crap.Thats all i have to say on this book topic,sorry if this offends somebody.