Originally Posted By: Malandrino
Makes me wanna read In the Godfather's Garden since I never started it. I know almost nothing about Richie's crew... anybody knows specifically which character is based on who?

I'm going to try to figure this out...

Tony Soprano is based on Tony Boy Boiardo. Richie The Boot's kid. Not only are their backgrounds and names similar, both guys being named Tony and being the kids of well respected Mafiosi. But Tony Boy is said to have saw a psychiatrist during his day as a mob figure, it's said he had some agita. It led to other health problems and he died unexpectedly of a heart attack in like '78 I think.

Big Pussy is based on Anthony "Little Pussy" Russo, younger brother to John "Big Pussy" Russo. While the fictional Big Pussy was killed for being an informant, Little Pussy was killed most believe for being too talkative, and for "The Barn" wiretaps. Both were murdered by their former friends.

Don't know about any other characters, but Chase admits that he based the show on his experiences growing up in Jersey during the 60's, and says these guys were his inspiration behind the Sopranos and various police reports from the time gave birth to most of the action in the Soprano's.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-453150/Savagery-greed-life-crime--meet-real-Sopranos.html