Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121
Guy did what he had to do(kill or be killed), made the best out of his situation that he could, did what he wanted to do, knew one day he was probably getting life and was willing to accept it. Did his time. Never apologized or cried in court like some guys. Or flip.

The guy died for what he believed in, and whether you liked him or not, no one can take that away from him. Ever. But too many of his problems were of his own making. I guess that's as close to a compromise as we'll come on Gotti (and Merlino, too tongue grin ).

You know me. I'm older and cranky, and being so out front the way that brand of street guy is/was (Gotti, Merlino, et al.), just isn't my cup of tea. I grew up in a neighborhood and in an era where there were Skippers who went to their graves completely unrecognized by the Feds and by LE in general. And to me, THAT'S Cosa Nostra.

But you and I are on the same page 90 percent of the time, and you're one of the guys at RD that I can always count on to speak the truth when the occasional bullshit pops up. You're a good guy (but keep in mind that I just drank a bottle and a half of Ruffino Riserva Ducale with dinner lol).

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.