Like it says, when you're charged with murder you are not necessarily going to get a speedy trial.

This is happening to a friend of mine. He is awaiting trial. He was a suspect back in the 90's but got off due to lack of evidence. Years later, in 2007, because of better technology, he was arrested because they found his DNA at the murder scene. There are three suspects involved all assigned to their own trial. Just this year, his cousin went to trial. His scumbag cousin killed his girlfriend and got his brother and my friend (his cousin) involved as an accessory to murder. My friend did 7 years already. The scumbag cousin finally confessed to the murder crime of stabbing his girlfriend multiple times.

(I never know how much info to put up on these boards but since most ppl on here do not actually know a murderer I figured I'd give you the background since this is coming from me knowing these guys.)

When I first found out that my friend was involved with this murder I could NOT believe it. He was raised in the bario by a well respected family but wasn't a street guy, fighting or causing trouble. I've never seen him use drugs. He got very good grades and everyone just loved this guy, did not have a mean bone in his body. His cousin was the complete opposite. He was more of a street guy, very arrogant, an asshole. Not too many people liked him. I didn't know the cousin well cuz he was not around much. I only saw him at a few parties. (I don't know the brother)

Sickening. I knew the girlfriend too because she used to work as a cashier at a store right near my house. I used to talk to her while she checked me out at the register. (I knew her sister and cousins very well)
What the hell she was doing dating that scumbag I will never understand. She was much too good for him. It cost her, her life.

http://m.ocregister.com/articles/lopez-660215-torrez-family.html?