Originally Posted By: bronx
correct..michael greco , the pope he was called, had a hundred saints in his house..candles. ect. mass murderer..people have killed in the name of the lord forever..

If I had God's job for just one day, I'd take every single person who ever killed in my name and send him straight to Hell.

Back on topic, Profaci's hardly alone here. I've known of plenty of wiseguys who gave money to Churches to rebuild or make renovations. Or, in some cases, used their own construction companies to make said renovations for free. They think they're buying their way into Heaven and getting a tax write-off at the same time lol.

Off the top of my head, I can tell you that Saint Ann's up in Yonkers, Saint Frances de Chantal here in Throggs Neck, and Our Lady of Fatima up in Scarsdale, all received some very nice renovations gifted to them by wiseguy owned construction companies.

I'm sure that in some cases the intent was pure. But more often than not I'd have to call it guilt money.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.