Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: mikeyballs211
Cook thats interesting I didnt know that about Solly d which is who I assume you're talking about..so he still has a crew as boss thats pretty unique but im sure another more informed poster like ivy can shed light on past occurrences...cook do u have more on this crew? Turf members etc.

cook is basing his statements off a couple blog posts that talk about DeLaurentis and a "Lake County Crew." There's really been nothing to a suggest a new crew - like the 4 ones mentioned by the feds during "Family Secrets" - has just appeared out of thin air. DeLaurentis was always active in that area, even before he went to prison. But he's likely part of the same crew he's always been. The confusion probably comes down to semantics. A "crew" of guys (Carpelli, Dziuban, Orlando, Iozzo, etc.), who allegedly worked for DeLaurentis, were busted but it's not like we're talking about a new, formally established crew within the Outfit structure like we would the Elmwood Park Crew or the Melrose Park Crew. It would be more accurate to say these guys were associates of the crew DeLaurentis is a member of.

Quote:
Mulberry- good point about Chi having a lot of powerful non Italian associates totally forgot about that point and historically with that fam has alwYs had Lota powerful associates. My point is that even if yours and ivys numbers are correct( and I think low but jusf a guess) to compare them to phi or NE just bc of alleged member count isnt completely fair..I mean their last big hit from LE was fam secrets in what 07? They have always been very connected to unions and corrupt officials..my admitted limited mob insight always thought outside of NY they were and are most powerful..with how corrupt IL is and their quiet under the radar nature theyre sti quite powerful..again just my humbling limited fact based.opinion

Well, there not "my" figures. They come from the FBI. Though I agree that looking at the 28 members cited back in 2007 alone isn't the best way to judge the Outfit.

Also, I'm not sure if you're referring to the "Family Secrets" case, which actually came down in 2005, but there's been other cases since them. For example, you had the Sarno case in 2009, Rudy Fratto busted in 2009 and 2010, the Carpelli bust in 2013, and the Koroluk/Panozzo bust in 2014.

chicago has always operated in lake county, go look at the "fbi" chart from 1957

the chicago mob has business contracts in the city of chicago but not much territory

the fbi said was ferriola was boss, and they have wiretaps that prove otherwise (family secrets)

marcello called ferriola and infelice to meet the "doctor", then carlisi is at the meeting