Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

No offense, and you can ask anyone here about me. The last thing I am is a troublemaker. But you're looking for boogeymen where there aren't any. Because with the possible exception of the Uptown Genovese Crew (116th), there wasn't a tighter crew in the '80s than the Bronx/Harlem/Westchester faction of the Luccheses. If they were guilty of anything, it was following orders. And as I've alluded to a hundred times here over the years, if Amuso and Casso didn't get caught, the Bronx/Harlem Luccheses would have finally gone on the offensive with the complete backing of the Genovese family.

I've often been under the impression that if Vic & Gas never were in authority of the family, the Luccheses would be considered second-tier to the Genovese in terms of stability and prestige, as opposed to the much larger Gambinos.

"The Feds are a business Anthony, millions of tax dollars are invested in watching your ass, sooner or later, just like you, their gonna want a return on their investment." --- Neil Mink, Tony Soprano's lawyer