Originally Posted By: Serpiente
Wow I am glad to hear there is sill a bar there ,when I was coming up we had a bar four to each block. Then as you went south to the boards the were bars with entertainment and much more.

As far as hookers ,in the 60's 70's and part of 80's you would get pushed off Pacific ave by hookers it was that packed.And if you are shopping at the walk you missed it by 30 years . MLK ave it wll get you shot now days and dont go there about color" cos they shoot all colors there now. And yes about all the places to get a hand job. Not my style if I have a friend that wants a girl I take him right to Borgata.

A bar and restaurant in Chelsea thats not hard to guess there may be two . And that breaks my hart cos AC was a mini West Side just everything you could possibly want.

You did not give the name of it ,do you not want me to say it ? And yes AC is very small but I have not walked the streets in 30 years. I drive through to go to the Nuggett or Borgata or to Brig antine I have a few friends that invested with me in property back in 70's when you could get a house and a double lot on the beach block for 35,000 and boy did we get lucky.

And Texas ave was my back yard and so was Florida and Mississippi the other way.We stayed on the street back then ,there was no stay in ,only if you were in trouble. And yes 33 you missed it by a long shot .I think JP and Billy and Carmen were the only ones left in DuckTown when you were coming up ,do u know who I am talking about ?

I know I missed the fun you guys had thats for sure. Of course, as I am sure you know, we had our own fun lol what a place to grow up right I wouldnt have had it any other way..and you are exactly right about being on the street all the time it was still like that when I was growing up but if you were in trouble forget it mom had me inside in a hot minute. And boy were you lucky beach block property for 35k my god your rolling in it. Airing out my bar/restaurant will give my identity away, but to let you in on it the place closed after Sandy so me and some partners bought out the old owner and re-opened it in early 2013, and since then it has become quite a popular spot thank god..even back to my day though Serp I miss, it was just so much nicer of a place..now like you said up and down MLK and back Maryland and really most of Uptown is just a complete shit hole and it is sad, really taking away from the city. Also I only go to borgata and trop when I go out, sometimes if friends are going to Haven in the nugget I will go but thats rare, sometimes I will hit The Deck there also, or Landshark or one of the beach bars casually, but like I said mainly Borg and Trop..I was going to say to @mchang93 if he is anywhere around my age, which from what I gather he is, Trop, Borgata, Golden Nugget they are more the places to go for nightlife.