Originally Posted By: salvi62
SinatraClub,

I a genuinely happy that you don't have to live in pain and are able to get your meds.

The problem with South Florida was that there was a "pain clinic" on every single street corner. The place was just raining "roxies" (you are correct).

What took it all down was what ALWAYS does.....greedy and stupid people "burned it down". I was in three really bad car accidents in my life, one involved a fatality (none were my fault though)

Anyway I was going to pain clinics for awhile and what I saw just blew my mind. Most of the plates on the cars were from Georgia, Tennessee, No Carolina. The Docs would write you ANYTHING you asked for as long as you had a valid MRI that showed any kind of damage (no matter how small) In my case it was a bunch of messed up discs in my neck and back.

Many of the people didn't even take the drugs. They would sell the entire scripts off and just save a couple of pills to pass the urine tests. I knew one woman who was going to three different Dr.'s and filling scripts all over town. Shewas pulling down 5 to 8 grand a month.

I can promise you LCN was involved with the whole pain clinic thing here.

Once I was waiting to see the Dr. which used to take all of 10 minutes then you would get your scripts. While I was waiting a very typical NY Italian young man comes out to a PACKED waiting room and hollers...."I got Gucci, Fendi and Coach purses and sunglasses for sale in the back room. Needless to say a bunch of the woman and trannies that were waiting for the Doc all ran back and came out with new handbags......

You'd see people come in with wheelchairs then after they got their scripts jump up out of the wheelchair, fold them up and throw them in the trunk. People were getting off right in the parking lots!!! used needles laying around short pieces of straws and little pieces of tin foil for those who were smoking them.

So because of the above greedy stupid assholes the DEA just closed this place up tighter than a ducks ass. There are only a very few "regulars" from the old days that are still getting filled at Wallgreens. The Mom and Pop places are scared to death to carry anything narcotic at all.

The DEA scared everybody so bad that I couldn't fill 16 perc 5/325's the other day. And the script was a month old so they could see I obviously didn't "have to have them". Its always good to keep a few of those around for the occasional backache, but all that tylenol really upsets my stomach. That shit is poison.

Sal

Damn, that blows. I'm genuinely sorry to hear that because I know how it is. Amazed Perc 5/325s still work for you though. The tylenol just makes my skin itch. But yeah, I saw a program about the pain clinics in Southern Florida once on NatGeo, DEA did you guys filthy. I can bet LCN had it's grubs in that whole thing, only thing that really leads a doctor to filling scripts like that is free money basically.