GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 791 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 68,934
DE NIRO 44,952
J Geoff 31,299
Hollander 26,335
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,611
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,814
Posts1,069,521
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Gotti Jr. stands tall, sends out warning to... #880401
04/04/16 02:58 PM
04/04/16 02:58 PM
GangstersInc Offline OP
Underboss
GangstersInc  Offline OP
Underboss

The best website about global organized crime & the Mafia: http://www.gangstersinc.org - Since 2001 - Want to write for us? Drop me a DM/mail!
Re: Gotti Jr. stands tall, sends out warning to... [Re: GangstersInc] #880420
04/04/16 06:27 PM
04/04/16 06:27 PM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
He didn't quit the mob, he was chased.

Re: Gotti Jr. stands tall, sends out warning to... [Re: GangstersInc] #880426
04/04/16 07:34 PM
04/04/16 07:34 PM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
good article

Re: Gotti Jr. stands tall, sends out warning to... [Re: GangstersInc] #880427
04/04/16 07:41 PM
04/04/16 07:41 PM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
JR..went through more shit than most average men could ever stand.

its easy to call him a pussy and a rat and all this and that

but put yourself in his shoes...who his father was...being pushed into the life...he had an advantage being the boss' son, and a disadvantage because everyone probably hated him for it

he stood tall through 3 trials...and the "innocence proffer" to aid in his 10 year withdraw from the mod doesnt seem that far fetched.

The govt twisting words to try to make him flip or get him hit? Noooo...the feds are so upstanding they would NEVER use dirty tactics.

It's not all black and white with JR...im sure i will get a ton of hate for this, but oh well....my 2 cents.

he made out pretty good in the end for the position he was in, living in a mansion and not spending the rest of his life from behind bars....thats a win to me

Re: Gotti Jr. stands tall, sends out warning to... [Re: GangstersInc] #880430
04/04/16 08:06 PM
04/04/16 08:06 PM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
You're complicating things blackjack. A rats a rat, it's that simple. He talked. Safe to say his dad is spinning.

Re: Gotti Jr. stands tall, sends out warning to... [Re: Blackjack2121] #880432
04/04/16 08:11 PM
04/04/16 08:11 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121
JR..went through more shit than most average men could ever stand.

its easy to call him a pussy and a rat and all this and that

but put yourself in his shoes...who his father was...being pushed into the life...he had an advantage being the boss' son, and a disadvantage because everyone probably hated him for it

he stood tall through 3 trials...and the "innocence proffer" to aid in his 10 year withdraw from the mod doesnt seem that far fetched.

The govt twisting words to try to make him flip or get him hit? Noooo...the feds are so upstanding they would NEVER use dirty tactics.

It's not all black and white with JR...im sure i will get a ton of hate for this, but oh well....my 2 cents.

he made out pretty good in the end for the position he was in, living in a mansion and not spending the rest of his life from behind bars....thats a win to me

i agree with you in that i do feel junior could have if he wanted to flip and take down alot of serious players that proffer did not hurt anyone and we all know he gave little. The feds played very dirty in that case i think they did lie and bend the rules why? because of the gotti name why else would they keep putting him on trial same fucking witness scars joey D`angelo etc only the last trial did we see different witnesses alite kevin Mchanon ruganio etc. After the first trial the one which mikey y got 20 years the feds should have seen the writing on the wall. That last trial junior had it real bad in prison (not saying he does not deserve it)

Danny marino was very friendly with junior gottis lawyer apparently the feds supeounded danny marino saying you can thank junior gotti and charles carnesi for this in 2005 thats dirty trying to get the guy whacked lucky for junior danny knew charles and told him to forget about it he knew the feds were bullshitting. They also never warned him about the sonny franchese plot to kill junior gotit in 2006 it came out three years later

but junior was no saint while on the streets he was a bully pushing guys around he trys to make his father into a saint he expected respect from guys very arrogant and even if he did not give the feds anything he still sat down with the government something which his father or the streets would have stood for and makes him a rat. He has embarrassed his uncles cousins on the streets and his disgraced his dead father by doing these fucking interviews and writing these books he is supposed to be a gangster not a celebrity. I dont believe he was chased if you listen to the tapes while he was in prison you can see its not like that john ruggerio and richard gotti kept trying to get him to come back junior was saying no and same with lawyer vists.

he is a scum bag and arguably depending on your views a rat but like blackjack said its not black and white with junior

Last edited by gangstereport; 04/04/16 08:13 PM.

Not connected with scott or anyone at gangsterreport

Sorry for the confusion
Re: Gotti Jr. stands tall, sends out warning to... [Re: GangstersInc] #880436
04/04/16 08:35 PM
04/04/16 08:35 PM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
I think Junior could have been testing the waters with the Feds. He wanted see how interested they were. He just gave them a taste of the cheese and then waited to see if he was convicted at the trial and if so, he would have grown a full rat tail. That was his strategy, tt's just my opinion. It still a rat. Leonetti in Philadelphia waited till after he was convicted before ratting except he didn't "lightly rat" with a proffer like Junior did.. Also. Michael Franzese is a rat too he is in denial that he walked away from the life. He ratted himself out of the life.

Re: Gotti Jr. stands tall, sends out warning to... [Re: TommyGambino] #880437
04/04/16 08:55 PM
04/04/16 08:55 PM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
I agree a rats a rat and that's how it is perceived on the streets. That's the rules and JR knew them

Having said that the truth is probably somewhere in between and the innocent proffer is plausible as stuff like that probably does happen - likely lnot by made guys tho - but I have heard scenarios where if everyone knows someone is going to plead guilty , a good attorney can work a good strategy with that information .

Now having said that my guess is JR and the Feds tried to angle or fuck each other , and it ended like it is now , they are still trying to fuck each other

Re: Gotti Jr. stands tall, sends out warning to... [Re: GangstersInc] #880439
04/04/16 09:11 PM
04/04/16 09:11 PM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
I have heard of "Queen for a day" but never this innocence proffer. I just googled it and found this. I'm hoping someone here can further explain it but this is what is saying in part:

"Here, Galestro's lawyer's prescient statement at the beginning of the proffer meeting saved the day. Without it, the government might have prevailed on the argument that this wasn’t a plea negotiation at all - it was a (misleading) innocence proffer, in which the defendant wasn't seeking to reduce his punishment, he was seeking to eliminate it. Which begs another interesting question: whether innocence proffers are exempt from Rule 410 protection, since their goal is not a plea bargain but a dismissal."

"Innocence proffers, however, as the Second Circuit has pointed out elsewhere, are often preludes to plea negotiations. In other words, they are part of the de facto process of plea bargaining, which runs the gamut of mindsets from denial to acceptance. It makes no sense, and surely undermines the rationale of Rule 410, to carve out of the plea bargaining process (also known as the coming-to-terms process) any discussions where the defendant professes innocence. Moreover, the government, with its oft-described “awesome advantages in bargaining power,” knows full well how to obtain a waiver of Rule 410 protections prior to an innocence proffer, and it should not be rewarded for its failure to do so."
http://www.nyfederalcriminalpractice.com/2008/08/edny-judge-rules-defendants-pr.html

Last edited by Beanshooter; 04/04/16 09:14 PM.
Re: Gotti Jr. stands tall, sends out warning to... [Re: GangstersInc] #880448
04/04/16 09:51 PM
04/04/16 09:51 PM
B
bronx Offline
Underboss
bronx  Offline
B
Underboss
jr would have ordered anybody else killed if they did what he did,,his father blasted piney for asking the agents if they wanted a cup of coffee ..

Re: Gotti Jr. stands tall, sends out warning to... [Re: GangstersInc] #880449
04/04/16 09:53 PM
04/04/16 09:53 PM
B
bronx Offline
Underboss
bronx  Offline
B
Underboss
after the creating the 302 for the G ,he could not stand tall on a 6 ft. ladder among a bunch of pigmy's are you kidding

Re: Gotti Jr. stands tall, sends out warning to... [Re: GangstersInc] #880456
04/04/16 10:20 PM
04/04/16 10:20 PM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
^^ lol a rat by any other name.

Re: Gotti Jr. stands tall, sends out warning to... [Re: GangstersInc] #880461
04/04/16 10:51 PM
04/04/16 10:51 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
I know guys like Bronx will always label him a rat for sitting down with the G.

But he stood up at 4 trials facing life and didn't roll. And as he said, no one ever got convicted of anything from what he said.
As he says, nothing he ever said ever affected anyone except himself.

Thats just not a rat to me.

And people who say a rat is a rat is a rat, to put junior in the same box as that fuck Asaro's cousin, or Casso or Gravano or Henry Hill is bullshit.

Just my two cents.

Edit: Good post Blackjack21. Well said.

Last edited by SonnyBlackstein; 04/04/16 10:57 PM.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: Gotti Jr. stands tall, sends out warning to... [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #880465
04/04/16 11:17 PM
04/04/16 11:17 PM
B
bronx Offline
Underboss
bronx  Offline
B
Underboss
Hello Sonny, look at it this way if you give me a chance, jr by his oath to CN, his dad his new brothers, by the way he administrated when he was running things , by his strong views on guys who are weak and his soldier military mentality ..decides "I had enough, i want to play with my kids, i want to keep my millions i made as a gangster, i do not want to be in prison anymore, I'm tired of what i see, i need to move to nome alaska, i quit, please dad let me quit..i don't want the G trying to put me in prison again, i want to write children books, i want to go lie about at least two men and put them in murders that they did not commit so maybe the G will leave me alone..so he is ready to send two guys to the can for life because he did not want to play with the brothers any longer, yeah no one got pinched, but the G uses that to investigated start grand juries, kick up dirt ..all because he has said no more for me,,,but i am not a rat i am a tough guy, Sonny you can bet anything in life if he blew trial.we all be talking about john gotti's son the guy who testified and put a hundred guys in prison..for these reasons me and most feel he should not hold the title of stand up guy..mark dieter is doing life, non italian..he is stand up jr did nothing for mark after his son was murdered.jr owed it to him for standing up to get even.let the guy know he gave up his life and the gottis didn't care..that is jr , pete and the rest of those bums..story after story Sonny..he is a man with no country..he grabbing at some kind of public following to make him feel like a man..if he stops with the agenda, people will stop bashing him and his cop out..me , i think he should fight arat in vegas,get paid..and move on..instead of shooting spit balls and running away..

Re: Gotti Jr. stands tall, sends out warning to... [Re: GangstersInc] #880470
04/05/16 12:26 AM
04/05/16 12:26 AM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Bronx: good post. I honestly do see your point.
In giving two names to two murders he crossed a line, absolutely. That it wasn't true and as such came to nothing, for me, means he deserves better than the same label as Gaspare Valenti, Casso etc. And I agree he most likely would've flipped had he lost. But in my mind you can't convict a guy on what he might've done. He didn't lose and he didn't flip.
I don't see the guy as stand up, but I sure as shit don't see him as Henry Hill either. He falls in between, to me.

And I would fucking love to see a boxing match between Alite and Jnr in Vegas.

What do Gene, Pete, Richard all think of him Bronx? Disowned?

Last edited by SonnyBlackstein; 04/05/16 12:28 AM.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
Re: Gotti Jr. stands tall, sends out warning to... [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #880472
04/05/16 12:45 AM
04/05/16 12:45 AM
B
bronx Offline
Underboss
bronx  Offline
B
Underboss
Thanks Sonny..I understand your view now a lot clearer, yes he does fall in between, and i know that is his torment and why he has his sisters and fans trying to convince the public he did not rat, it is his point not yours that i have issue with..you are being objective..he has tunnel vision. he needs to put the gotti ego away..they are done..the name makes guys in the street in every family cringe.. pete will die in prison, so he has to hate him, jr crushed pete at trials..if you read some testimony jr gave him up .."through the lawyers. richie got taken down. vinny is a complete lowlife, his cousin richie a good guy with bad teachers and now tainted name. gene hates him..did not like him before now can't hear his name....jr took the gottis down along with his dad.and he knows that..

Re: Gotti Jr. stands tall, sends out warning to... [Re: GangstersInc] #880473
04/05/16 12:53 AM
04/05/16 12:53 AM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Cheers Bronx.

Always appreciate your contributions and knowledge.

Best
Sonny.

Re: Gotti Jr. stands tall, sends out warning to... [Re: bronx] #880494
04/05/16 07:05 AM
04/05/16 07:05 AM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: bronx
Thanks Sonny..I understand your view now a lot clearer, yes he does fall in between, and i know that is his torment and why he has his sisters and fans trying to convince the public he did not rat, it is his point not yours that i have issue with..you are being objective..he has tunnel vision. he needs to put the gotti ego away..they are done..the name makes guys in the street in every family cringe.. pete will die in prison, so he has to hate him, jr crushed pete at trials..if you read some testimony jr gave him up .."through the lawyers. richie got taken down. vinny is a complete lowlife, his cousin richie a good guy with bad teachers and now tainted name. gene hates him..did not like him before now can't hear his name....jr took the gottis down along with his dad.and he knows that..

i though some of those guys still like him like tommy sneakers

sonny is richie sr still active i mean he is 75 and the gotti family and loyalists are weak on the streets

the son richie junior he is quite young in his late 40s a made guy done alot of time in the 2000s first with his father in 2002 and then in that big bust in 2008 he only got out of prison last year he has proven to be a stand up guy does he hold respect in the family even with the last name.

Sorry for the confusion
Re: Gotti Jr. stands tall, sends out warning to... [Re: bronx] #880498
04/05/16 07:21 AM
04/05/16 07:21 AM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
Hello Sonny, look at it this way if you give me a chance, jr by his oath to CN, his dad his new brothers, by the way he administrated when he was running things , by his strong views on guys who are weak and his soldier military mentality ..decides "I had enough, i want to play with my kids, i want to keep my millions i made as a gangster, i do not want to be in prison anymore, I'm tired of what i see, i need to move to nome alaska, i quit, please dad let me quit..i don't want the G trying to put me in prison again, i want to write children books, i want to go lie about at least two men and put them in murders that they did not commit so maybe the G will leave me alone..so he is ready to send two guys to the can for life because he did not want to play with the brothers any longer, yeah no one got pinched, but the G uses that to investigated start grand juries, kick up dirt ..all because he has said no more for me,,,but i am not a rat i am a tough guy, Sonny you can bet anything in life if he blew trial.we all be talking about john gotti's son the guy who testified and put a hundred guys in prison..for these reasons me and most feel he should not hold the title of stand up guy..mark dieter is doing life, non italian..he is stand up jr did nothing for mark after his son was murdered.jr owed it to him for standing up to get even.let the guy know he gave up his life and the gottis didn't care..that is jr , pete and the rest of those bums..story after story Sonny..he is a man with no country..he grabbing at some kind of public following to make him feel like a man..if he stops with the agenda, people will stop bashing him and his cop out..me , i think he should fight arat in vegas,get paid..and move on..instead of shooting spit balls and running away..

Spot on as usual Bronx

Re: Gotti Jr. stands tall, sends out warning to... [Re: GangstersInc] #880500
04/05/16 07:36 AM
04/05/16 07:36 AM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
This guy is an absolute joke. Talking through the Internet on third rate webstes...

Re: Gotti Jr. stands tall, sends out warning to... [Re: GangstersInc] #880503
04/05/16 08:00 AM
04/05/16 08:00 AM
B
BobbyPazzo Offline
Capo
BobbyPazzo  Offline
B
Capo
If your name is in any paperwork, and I mean any statement made... You're food and on anyone's plate to eat. If You go into ANY correctional facility anywhere and you're in paperwork in any way, shape, form, or fashion...you're gonna get popped. You will not live. He may have stood tall a million times, but the second he did what he did, his name became shit. This is not up for discussion. Anyone in the street or the prison system look at him as one thing... A fucking rat. Bronx made the best post on this subject. There's no talking around this or making excuses.

Last edited by BobbyPazzo; 04/05/16 08:01 AM.
Re: Gotti Jr. stands tall, sends out warning to... [Re: gangstereport] #880509
04/05/16 08:38 AM
04/05/16 08:38 AM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
Originally Posted By: gangstereport

sonny is richie sr still active i mean he is 75 and the gotti family and loyalists are weak on the streets

the son richie junior he is quite young in his late 40s a made guy done alot of time in the 2000s first with his father in 2002 and then in that big bust in 2008 he only got out of prison last year he has proven to be a stand up guy does he hold respect in the family even with the last name.

The Richard Gotti's are with Gurino.

Re: Gotti Jr. stands tall, sends out warning to... [Re: GangstersInc] #880514
04/05/16 08:58 AM
04/05/16 08:58 AM
C
Crash Offline
Capo
Crash  Offline
C
Capo
I am fairly certain this was a proclomation of innocence proffer that Basciano mentioned. I also think the government was vicious, vindictive, and attempted to turn Gotti JR in every way possibe ( legal and illegal). Ive been through the system and i am not putting Gotti Jr in the " rat category". Especially in light of all the time he did as well as the tremendous uncertainty and stress he faced going into all those trials and sitting in solitary for extended periods of time.
I wish him well and i say we leave the guy alone.

Last edited by Crash; 04/05/16 08:59 AM.
Re: Gotti Jr. stands tall, sends out warning to... [Re: GangstersInc] #880517
04/05/16 09:22 AM
04/05/16 09:22 AM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss

this was dom circales said to the feds so we do have to be careful what we believe here.....

Sorry for the confusion
Re: Gotti Jr. stands tall, sends out warning to... [Re: GangstersInc] #880519
04/05/16 10:06 AM
04/05/16 10:06 AM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
^^ exactly. Let's not forget the Cicale bashing that was had here and how much he was trashed for being a bold face liar I totally would discount this and shocked how it's offered as evidence for Gotti not rating.

Re: Gotti Jr. stands tall, sends out warning to... [Re: GangstersInc] #880542
04/05/16 12:47 PM
04/05/16 12:47 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Every time Gotti, Sr. got off, it later transpired that he had jurors in his pocket.

Maybe that's what happened with his rat son?

I also discount the idea that he was pushed into the life.

His brother isn't a mobster.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Gotti Jr. stands tall, sends out warning to... [Re: GangstersInc] #880548
04/05/16 01:21 PM
04/05/16 01:21 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

This guy needs to let it go ride off into the sunset. I'm starting to think he likes to see his name in the press or blogs. What's the end game what's he trying to accomplish. Still think his movie never sees the light or if it does its straight to Netflix. Probably the money is running out. He did make a shit ton of money from 88-98.

Re: Gotti Jr. stands tall, sends out warning to... [Re: gangstereport] #880559
04/05/16 02:08 PM
04/05/16 02:08 PM
UK
D
dsd Offline
Capo
dsd  Offline
D
Capo
UK
Is Gotti JR's animosity/ ratting towards D.MARINO because BULL GRAVANO in UNDERBOSS book claims MARINO/ FAILA were in cahoots with CHIN/ AMUSO to kill his (JR's) dad JOHN G.? Specifically the carbomb that ended up killing DeCicco.

Or was it other reasons ?

Re: Gotti Jr. stands tall, sends out warning to... [Re: bronx] #880565
04/05/16 02:36 PM
04/05/16 02:36 PM
ralphie_cifaretto Offline
Underboss
ralphie_cifaretto  Offline
Underboss

Couldn't have said it better myself. Great post.

Does anyone know why the guy got stabbed? I never bought his explanation lol.

Re: Gotti Jr. stands tall, sends out warning to... [Re: gangstereport] #880566
04/05/16 02:39 PM
04/05/16 02:39 PM
ralphie_cifaretto Offline
Underboss
ralphie_cifaretto  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: gangstereport

Where did you hear that? Haha I would be astounded if Tommy C is on good terms with him. Vinny Butch despises him.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull