It was supposedly originally attributed to Pasquale Simonetti from what I'm reading. The sources I'm looking at say that factually, it was Francesco Pirozzi who slapped him, and he was a Camorristi under boss, Alfredo Maisto. I don't see any mention of Luciano having anyone killed or any Camorra member dying for slapping him. And what do you mean by not being made? From my understanding the Camorra doesn't really refer to themselves as "made". They have an initiation ceremony, but they differ between clans supposedly.

A article by Puparo credits the slap to a Vittorio Nappi. And says that later Nappi was assaulted by Simonetti not long after he slapped Luciano, but doesn't clarify if he assaulted him because of the slap to Luciano or something else. A newspaper clipping from the time has Luciano going to police in Naples and telling them he was slapped at a racetrack.

There's a link on Google of an excerpt from the book, History Of The Mafia, and the passage says Luciano was slapped without consequence, by a small-time gangster, businessman and mediator who had no connection to the Sicilian Mafia.

Anyway, not one of these sources tell of anyone being killed for slapping Luciano. It did happen in the year of 1950 though supposedly. But the offender differs in all of the sources I just mentioned, expect for Wikipedia, which in more than one entry, the slap is attributed to Pirozzi. But out of all the different sources, none of them mention anyone having been killed for the slap. Perhaps we'll never know the truth behind this, but combined with other stories of Luciano in Italy, and the known fact of him meeting with Outfit members, and NY gangsters whom he later had issues with in relation to the drug market, it seems his power and reach really waned. At least it was nothing compared to that of which he possessed in the States.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 04/07/16 02:02 AM.