Quote:
Originally posted by J Geoff:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Cardi:
[b]Three sandwiches would plenty with much left over!
Let's not get too carried away, now! I've been to Carnegie and have eaten a sandwich myself. I'm a pig! [/b][/quote]No Geoff, forget the size of the sandwich in The Carnegie Deli, it doesn't even come close to this sandwich! True story : the first time I went to Harold's a friend took me there. We were a party of 7. I told him to do the ordering. Well he orders one bowl of Matza ball soup, one order of onion rings, 2 orders of fries, One Pastrami sandwich, one Corned Beef sandwich, and One BrisKet sandwich! I'm sitting there saying to myself " is this cheap basterd kidding me? I can eat the soup, a sandwich and a fries all by myself, what the hell is he doing!" All the while my friend is smirking at me. Well when they brought the food everyone ate, they have a rye bread bar that you go up to and take slices of bread from so that you can make sandwiches off of the original sandwich! When we were done, we had to take what was left over home! He ordered one Eclair for the table! They used two cans of whipped cream to fill this thing! That's how big it is! When we left,he turns to me and says " tell me the truth, when I ordered the food, you were sitting there asking yourself what the hell is everyone else going to eat, right?" and I burst out laughing! Geoff, listen to me my friend, you have NO IDEA how HUGE the stuff is in this place! And it's good too!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.