GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Kangaroo Don), 876 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 69,099
DE NIRO 44,954
J Geoff 31,300
Hollander 26,538
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,613
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,840
Posts1,070,447
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: hillary and bill [Re: Binnie_Coll] #892864
09/04/16 11:20 PM
09/04/16 11:20 PM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
I noticed you have a signature that mentions me. I'm flattered.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: hillary and bill [Re: Binnie_Coll] #892865
09/04/16 11:29 PM
09/04/16 11:29 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Ivy, are you going to watch Hillary's inauguration? I bet Fleetwood Mac performs Don't Stop. Going to be a party. Trump will probably be there. lol. In the audience, of course.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: hillary and bill [Re: Binnie_Coll] #892866
09/04/16 11:46 PM
09/04/16 11:46 PM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss
Both candidates aren't proposing anything good from
an anti-authoritarian point of view.. Clinton is more hawkish and beholden to special interests and is overall a far worse and currupted person than Trump, but when you look at Trump's ideas there's no substance other than blame China and immigrants for economic problems. It gets a certain voter base all excited and it worked well in getting him as the republican nominee but all that isn't going to fix the fundamental problems with the US economy. He doesn't seem to have a deep knowledge on foreign policy issues at all either. Either way it'll be interesting.

Re: hillary and bill [Re: Binnie_Coll] #892868
09/05/16 12:08 AM
09/05/16 12:08 AM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
You almost make it sound as if we've actually had an anti-authoritarian president since Jimmy Carter. Why not hold it against Hillary that she hasn't been sainted, while your'e at it? If the best criticism of Clinton that her critics can come up with is that she's authoritarian...you know, like every U.S. president...then she must be faring pretty well. She has a platform that makes sense, something that can not be said about Trump. She's not crazy, something that can not be said about Trump.

Re: hillary and bill [Re: Binnie_Coll] #892871
09/05/16 12:24 AM
09/05/16 12:24 AM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss
I also believe that Trump is authoritarian too. I do think she is a bit crazy when you look at the Libya situation, her overall foreign policy ideas.

Re: hillary and bill [Re: Binnie_Coll] #892872
09/05/16 12:29 AM
09/05/16 12:29 AM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
The authoritarian Frankenstein in the white house started with Reagan. If an anti-authoritarian president is what anyone wants, they might as well wish for a president that has never run a red light, either. Or never told a lie. You have to go back a couple hundred years for that. You might as well want Spiderman for president. What is the point of even following presidential politics with such unrealistic expectations?

Re: hillary and bill [Re: Binnie_Coll] #892881
09/05/16 01:10 AM
09/05/16 01:10 AM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss
I view election cycles differently. I look at them as a historical point in history and a way to understand the overall trend of the country. The one and only good thing is the opportunity to point out the absurdity of it all, to introduce, share and debate ideas. Because that's when more people tend to be a little more interested. I'm not expecting a perfect person to suddenly become president. I don't believe anyone is qualified. I will be unsatisfied no matter who wins, but I will be at peace with it, as I dont expect major fundamental changes in the near future. It would be similar to ask an atheist why he doesn't care much for a new pope, why doesn't he believe in the new pope? Don't share the religion. But the people that believe in it are real and they affect the world. It'll still be interesting.

Last edited by SoCalGangs; 09/05/16 01:36 AM.
Re: hillary and bill [Re: Binnie_Coll] #892888
09/05/16 01:49 AM
09/05/16 01:49 AM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
You're not a Catholic? Must have been a little challenging growing up around all of the Chicanos in LA and not being Catholic.

Re: hillary and bill [Re: OakAsFan] #892890
09/05/16 01:54 AM
09/05/16 01:54 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: OakAsFan
As has been established long ago on this forum and elsewhere, there is nothing in Hillary Clinton's history that makes her even close to being as bad as Trump. There could be a photo of Hillary Clinton and Colin Kaepernick slamming mojitos at a Kanye West show, and she's still a more qualified candidate than Donald Trump. Donald Trump might be the worst candidate for the presidency in the country's history. There's still rumors of him dropping out. Imagine how funny that would be.

Established by who? The voices in your head? Like I said, the list alone Faithful posted was beyond anything regarding Trump. You just won't acknowledge it because you have no answer for it. It's why I've said it's pointless to even talk to you. You're neither honest or objective.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: hillary and bill [Re: Binnie_Coll] #892892
09/05/16 02:04 AM
09/05/16 02:04 AM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Again, impossible. There is no list that demonstrates Hillary Clinton is worse than Donald Trump, at anything! Because there's no evidence of such a thing in existence. Hillary Clinton is completely superior to Donald Trump as a person, as a citizen, and most certainly as a candidate to lead the free world, something Trump has no qualifications for whatsoever, btw.

Going to watch Hill's inauguration, Ivy? Going to be a party.

Say, if it's pointless to talk to me, why do you keep doing it? Why am I in your signature? You love me.

Re: hillary and bill [Re: OakAsFan] #892893
09/05/16 02:16 AM
09/05/16 02:16 AM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: OakAsFan
You're not a Catholic? Must have been a little challenging growing up around all of the Chicanos in LA and not being Catholic.

Lol. That wasn't the point of my post. But yeah I was raised Catholic. So no, it wasn't challenging growing up since it was the norm. But I'm an adult and my views have evolved since then. It isn't at all unusual for those of us 2nd and 3rd generations to leave or no longer identify with the Catholic Church as adults.

Re: hillary and bill [Re: Binnie_Coll] #892901
09/05/16 07:11 AM
09/05/16 07:11 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
I was brought up a Catholic, but I never let being a Catholic spoil my fun. However, if we had a Monsignor like the one in my parish now I may have turned out different. I really like this guy, but not enough to go to church. I fully expect him to be a bishop who knows down the road a cardinal.

He even has his own cooking show on the Catholic channel. His parents were from Italian Harlem. My newest grand daughter Sophia was baptized in my area church and my other grand daughter Mia made her communion here as well.

Now both my Grandaughters moved to New Jersey. I just found out I have a cousin Robert living in the same town as my SON.. My aunt Fannie lived in the same building as we did in Italian Harlem. They lived on the third floor we lived on the fourth floor. He had two older brothers oldest was Dennis he is dead now. Joseph I don't know about him.

In those days whole families lived in the same building. My aunt Irene lived right next door to us. When Daddio got pissed off at me. He would make his point remembered by banging my head against the wall. When my mother wanted to see her sister she would bang on the kitchen wall. She would come in and visit her sister. It also saved me from a bigger beating.

Man do I miss Daddio to bad someone hung him one day. He had plenty of enemies. Well he is with all his friends now burning in hell. I doubt if I will ever die, but if it happens I will be happy to join him in hell so I can make him even suffer more then he is suffering now smile

only the unloved hate
Re: hillary and bill [Re: Faithful1] #892947
09/05/16 07:44 PM
09/05/16 07:44 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline OP
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline OP
Underboss
far, northwest
Originally Posted By: Faithful1
Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
fox news is making trump
this is an example of far right bias right in your face, not only does Hannity, o'reilly, and company manufacture facts, but they are at the point of total absurdidy, example... o'reilly statement, "slaves were well fed" Hannity screaming that Hillary has health problems, that don't exist.
and refusing to disavow far rightists who say "Hillary should be shot for treason" these guys and this network scandals [ ailes
sexual groping } are coming undone, they can't talk sense anymore, I feel they [fox comentators] are really going off the rails.

typical republican reactionaires.

Fox News started as an alternative to the Far Left Democrat reactionaries at MSNBC and the Left-wing CNN, ABC, CBS and NBC. So its market were viewers tired of the Left-wing bias at those other networks. Sometime last years CNN and Fox started putting Trump on all the time because he drove up the ratings. When Megyn Kelly challenged and criticized him, her ratings declined. O'Reilly had him on all the time because they were personal friends. I think Hannity was for Cruz originally, but he started having Trump on more and Cruz complained about it and had some sort of falling out.

As for FOX disavowing those who say "Hillary should be shot for treason," are you sure about that? I only watch FOX and CNN when I'm at the gym doing cardio, so can't say I watch all that much, but to me it seems unlikely that the hosts at FOX wouldn't disavow such people. "Hillary for prison" people, that's a different story. Are you sure you don't mean the "Hillary for prison" people? And by the way, I seem to recall Far Leftist Vincent Bugliosi and a few others on CNN promoting George W. Bush being executed, but not sure if any of the networks disavowed him. Before that, I remember a bunch of loony leftist being overjoyed when Reagan was shot.

O'Reilly isn't known for his scholarship, and he uses his show to sell his books co-written by a California high school teacher. I did manage to watch him debate George Will on YouTube after Will criticized his book as bad history. O'Reilly started yelling at Will, "You're a hack!" O'Reilly totally lost his mind. I had to admire Will for having the guts to face that bully. O'Reilly is an arrogant prick who thinks he knows more than he really does. That's where that "slaves were well fed" comment comes in. He probably figured they were well-fed since it doesn't make sense that a slave owner would starve his slaves. The reality is that there's a huge gap between starving and well-fed. Often they were given just enough to not starve, but it doesn't mean they weren't hungry.

great post... loved the take on o'reilly, and not surprised his books were written by a high school student, his books a very great disservice to history majors, or professers. in other words his take on U.S. history is bogus, and should not go unchallenged.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull