Originally Posted By: Faithful1
Wrong again. Romney's 47% statement could not have been about the whole country simply because if he was talking about the entire country he would have said "100%," which he didn't say since that would have been ridiculous.

My bad for not wording it correctly.

Clinton was sample sizing Trump voters, and Trump voters only, to make her point.

Romney was sample sizing the entire country to which the 47% he's referring to is included in.

Quote:
Moreover, the statement was correct. Romney said 47% of Americans pay no tax. Politifact and CBS News both fact-checked it and found it accurate.

That's not what he said. Just to brush you up, here's his exact quote.

There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what...who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims. ...These are people who pay no income tax. ...and so my job is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them that they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives.

He called nearly half the country "dependent on government", and implied they don't have "personal responsibility".

A statement like that is only going to play to the far right, and would be disastrous in a national election, as it turned out to be.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea