Originally Posted By: Stubbs
Originally Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari
I have to disagree with that date Furio. Carlo did not enter the US till 1931, after Masseria was killed. Paul was most likely mistaken for one of his cousins Tony Gambino, who was a powerhouse in the late 1920's up to the 1940's in New Jersey, and Brooklyn. Tony was killed in New Orleans in 1976, trying to muscle in on Marcello or so the story goes. Carlo was said to have Vincent Mangano's ear and had his nose up Mangano's ass in the 1940's. As I have stated before, no documents have claimed Paul was a Capo, only speculation, and guess work by the FBI. While the Department of Treasury was uncertain of his rank, as informants claimed that Joe Gambino was a Capo, and Paul was a powerful soldier with direct contacts with other bosses throughout the United State.

Damn, can't believe he Marcellos would kill a Gambino from New York. Is there any more to the story there?

Two of the key New Orleans guys in on the beef, were Pasquale Marcello, brother of Carlo Marcello, and Onofrio Pecoraro. They had to get the OK from New York before killing Tony Gambino, which they most certainly did, since there was no retaliation against them later.
Gambino, Genovese, and Lucchese families all had a long history with N.O.
I'll answer all your questions on Carlo Gambino's arrest by NYPD in 1930. Joe Gambino, brother of Carlo Gambino used his name, as Carlo was still in Sicily and did not have a record like Paul did. My memory is a little fuzzy, but I believe that was for Larceny, violation I&NS laws, and federal liquor laws.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green