Salvatore Charles Chiri, passed away of natural causes in 1968. He was pushing 80 I think when he died. Those files say he is with the Gambino's, but he was with the Moretti brothers, and Joe Adonis according to informants in FBN, so I still place them with Genovese. His brother Giuseppe was made into the Genovese, close to Carmelo Sciortino in San Jose, transfered out to San Jose family right after the Willie Moretti hit, retired in the late 1960's, and passed away in the mid 70's.

Good post CabriniGreen. Paul Castellano took over Carlo Gambino crew, which belonged to the Castellano brothers before Carlo was bumped up to Capo. Joe Gambino took over part of Frank Scalise crew in the Bronx, Tommy Gambino would eventually take over this crew. Which crew would Paul Gambino have taken over? This leads me to the possibility that Paul may have belonged to Palermo, which would explain a lot since he had a small number of Zips around him most of the time.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green