[quote=Giacomo_Vacari]Salvatore Charles Chiri, passed away of natural causes in 1968. He was pushing 80 I think when he died. Those files say he is with the Gambino's, but he was with the Moretti brothers, and Joe Adonis according to informants in FBN, so I still place them with Genovese. His brother Giuseppe was made into the Genovese, close to Carmelo Sciortino in San Jose, transfered out to San Jose family right after the Willie Moretti hit, retired in the late 1960's, and passed away in the mid 70's.

Another source that says Chiri was Anastasia's underboss is Bill Bonnano and, while he got many things wrong, I think this is something he would have direct knowledge of and no reason to lie about. I think Chiri was appointed underboss after Scalise was killed and not Gambino as popularly thought. I think it unlikely Anastasia would have appointed Gambino, a man he seemingly had no respect for.

Wondering if there may have been 2 mobsters with the same or similar names? Salvatore Chiri/Chirico. Not unheard of in mafia circles. Tony Salerno/Mike Coppola/Mike Genovese etc

Last edited by SonnyD; 10/22/16 10:46 AM. Reason: Addition