GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 284 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
Happy birthday VanillaLimeCoke.
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,983
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,830
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,554
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,535
Posts1,062,653
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: the electoral college. [Re: OakAsFan] #898512
11/14/16 03:11 AM
11/14/16 03:11 AM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Originally Posted By: OakAsFan
There is no evidence that the media is on the political left, Faithful.

You're posting links to books as sources? Why not just cite the specific arguments in those books? You think I'm going to read an entire book tonight? Come on. I just got done watching the game.

This notion that the media is liberal is just something Republicans like to say whenever the media holds them accountable for something. It's a lazy, baseless retort that that conservatives at the ground level have bought into and eventually started repeating themselves as if it were fact.

When you look at the ownership of media, it is certainly no liberal bunch. The media has become increasingly consolidated by corporations over the years. Not exactly hippies.

It's a myth, Faithful1. The media is about marketing, ratings, and the stock. Nothing more. If anything, they lean right.

I come at you with facts and you come back with unsubstantiated opinion. Nothing new here, except that what little cred you have continues to shrink.

Don't know if you went to college or even high school, but they do have these things called books. These books provide information for learning. Learning is good.

By the way, one of the links was an article, not a whole book. So you could have read it and still watched the Seahawks beat the Patriots. Anyway, they refuted your silly claim that there's no evidence of bias. And the silly "corporate bias" claim I destroyed, so why are you still bringing it up? Do you even know who owns the New York Times? Do you know anything about them?

Re: the electoral college. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #898517
11/14/16 03:25 AM
11/14/16 03:25 AM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
You did not prove that the media is liberal. It's an opinionated argument, anyway. But since you said you could prove it, I was interested in seeing what you would come up with, sort in the way I'd be interested in seeing a picture of Bigfoot. Sure enough, you posted the same fake picture of Bigfoot that's been passed around for years. Considering the ownership of the media, it is more likely the media leans right of center than left. But of course this is a matter of opinion as well. I can admit that. You just go on stating as fact that the media is liberal, even though it'll never be anything more than an opinion of yours.

Last edited by OakAsFan; 11/14/16 03:32 AM.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: the electoral college. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #898533
11/14/16 09:37 AM
11/14/16 09:37 AM
F
fatdomgamiello36 Offline
Made Member
fatdomgamiello36  Offline
F
Made Member
I'm happy trump won. His election ensures the protection of the second amendment. At the same time he's gonna put in place policies that will help grow our economy and protect our borders. 4 years is a long time, I don't expect it all to happen right away, but over time it will.

Re: the electoral college. [Re: OakAsFan] #898554
11/14/16 02:42 PM
11/14/16 02:42 PM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss
SCG,

I agree that California wouldn't secede. The nation needs us. Without our agriculture and entertainment (including tech, internet), the United States would be in the dark ages. California would never do that to you.

Secession doesn't have to mean complete isolation. We have free trade between the states now, and it would be foolish to change that even if a state left the union.

Re: the electoral college. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #898564
11/14/16 03:06 PM
11/14/16 03:06 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Well it would be up to California. I guess we'd have to see how the other states are behaving themselves. And you know what our social standards are here.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: the electoral college. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #898570
11/14/16 03:29 PM
11/14/16 03:29 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
That won't happen. All this talk of California breaking away from the union is just venting from frustration. If anything, California needs to break into two or three states. Los Angeles, Sacramento, and San Francisco get most of the state revenues, which angers most of the state population.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: the electoral college. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #898573
11/14/16 03:39 PM
11/14/16 03:39 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Not sure how that's possible as I'm pretty sure the population of the LA, SF and Sacramento areas combined would make up for the majority of the state's population.

Re: the electoral college. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #898574
11/14/16 03:48 PM
11/14/16 03:48 PM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss
It may not happen now, but at least more people will be aware of that idea and possibility.
There's no reason Texas should tell California what to do or vice versa, or New York tell Alabama what to do etc.
Why is one guy elected president over 300+million people? Why don't people question the absurdity? Washington DC governs California. Why?

Re: the electoral college. [Re: OakAsFan] #898600
11/14/16 09:14 PM
11/14/16 09:14 PM
Y
yatescj7 Offline
Capo
yatescj7  Offline
Y
Capo
Well it would be up to California. I guess we'd have to see how the other states are behaving themselves. And you know what our social standards are here.
It would not be up to California.There is nothing more I would like to see than the State of California go and be a part of Mexico though.

Re: the electoral college. [Re: SoCalGangs] #898601
11/14/16 09:20 PM
11/14/16 09:20 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline OP
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline OP
Underboss
far, northwest
Originally Posted By: SoCalGangs
It may not happen now, but at least more people will be aware of that idea and possibility.
There's no reason Texas should tell California what to do or vice versa, or New York tell Alabama what to do etc.
Why is one guy elected president over 300+million people? Why don't people question the absurdity? Washington DC governs California. Why?

I think you really do make a lot of sense. the united states is more like a continent, look at Canada, separate provinces. and why should 9 people [the supreme court] interpret laws to 320 million. giving states more rights would be a good start, if states vote to legalize pot, the government should let them alone. not send in feds to bust people. one day it will all come to a head, and the federal government will have to bend to the states. remember the states make the government. and together the states can break the government.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: the electoral college. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #898672
11/16/16 02:38 AM
11/16/16 02:38 AM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll

I think you really do make a lot of sense. the united states is more like a continent, look at Canada, separate provinces. and why should 9 people [the supreme court] interpret laws to 320 million. giving states more rights would be a good start, if states vote to legalize pot, the government should let them alone. not send in feds to bust people. one day it will all come to a head, and the federal government will have to bend to the states. remember the states make the government. and together the states can break the government.

Recreational marijuana is already becoming legalized in a few states. It's not just medicinal anymore. That might be the only way to hold the union together...allow each state to express it's local culture. Otherwise you'll have more calls for secession.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."
Re: the electoral college. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #898676
11/16/16 06:47 AM
11/16/16 06:47 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
I invest to supplement my income I get emails on this. It said this was passed in 8 states. I have no interest in investing in this.

They are looking for people to invest in grass. I rather invest in businesses that cut real grass.

Last edited by Footreads; 11/16/16 06:48 AM.

only the unloved hate
Re: the electoral college. [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #898677
11/16/16 06:53 AM
11/16/16 06:53 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari
That won't happen. All this talk of California breaking away from the union is just venting from frustration. If anything, California needs to break into two or three states. Los Angeles, Sacramento, and San Francisco get most of the state revenues, which angers most of the state population.

I would not mind if California broke away from the United States and sink in the ocean. smile

My friend sends me a picture over looking a forest. I am thinking if a fire breaks out he is dead. I also think watch out for bears. I do that all time I do it when I visit my kids new houses.

I ever tell you guys I go over my daughters house for a barbque I am in the house playing with my grand daughter. I hear her yelling to us to get out of the house. I thinking what the hell us going on. Well her barbque that she brought with her evidently was damaged in the move and caught fire near the propane tank. They call the fire department its volunteer. By the time they come the house would have burned down and the surrounding forest would have caught fire.

So I get the fire extinguisher and go in the back yard. Everyone is telling me to get out of there. First I move the barbque from near the house and into open space. I burn my arm doing it. Then I put out the fire. Spray the tank then 25 minutes after that the firemen in their truck show up.

I tell the firemen my wife of over 50 yrs is yelling at me to get out. I say she must still love me. Then I tell them she was calmer when the planes hit the wtc she worked there that day.

My grand kids were on the fire truck my son took pictures ,:)

Then my kids say what now. I say let's buy another barbque already put together and another tank and do it. So we did it we started to eat 10 at night.

only the unloved hate
Re: the electoral college. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #898705
11/16/16 04:47 PM
11/16/16 04:47 PM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss

You are correct. What I always try to get across to people is that, the less power the Feds and the president have, the less hysterical people would have to be when someone you don't like gets into office. There's nobody that will please the overwhelming majority of the people. Different cultures, different educational backgrounds, different life experiences, different occupations, and difference biases.
State and city government's do bad things too but it's easier to leave a city or state than the country. It is also easier to influence your local government than the Federal government. The more power is centralized, the less power to the individual.
When half the country always feels threatened when the opposite party gains power at the federal level, it's time to question the system.

Last edited by SoCalGangs; 11/16/16 04:49 PM.
Re: the electoral college. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #898737
11/16/16 10:41 PM
11/16/16 10:41 PM
Y
yatescj7 Offline
Capo
yatescj7  Offline
Y
Capo

Saying something like "States Rights" in the South will get you branded as a racist. So will seceding from the Union.

Re: the electoral college. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #898738
11/16/16 10:44 PM
11/16/16 10:44 PM
Y
yatescj7 Offline
Capo
yatescj7  Offline
Y
Capo
California is the worst state I have ever visited. Took us to an "authentic" Mexican restaurant. Instead of cheese dip they had yogurt. Sucked. I prefer my "fake" Mi Toro restaurant in Mississippi. Only Mexicans work there so I don't know how it's considered Tex-Mex and not authentic, but I won't argue with the Yankees. It's pointless, and they're never wrong.

Re: the electoral college. [Re: yatescj7] #898751
11/17/16 02:50 AM
11/17/16 02:50 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Originally Posted By: yatescj7
California is the worst state I have ever visited. Took us to an "authentic" Mexican restaurant. Instead of cheese dip they had yogurt. Sucked. I prefer my "fake" Mi Toro restaurant in Mississippi. Only Mexicans work there so I don't know how it's considered Tex-Mex and not authentic, but I won't argue with the Yankees. It's pointless, and they're never wrong.

You sure that was California and not Arizona?
Worst state? New Jersey. You know, that State known as New York's outhouse, that's New Jersey.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: the electoral college. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #898757
11/17/16 07:47 AM
11/17/16 07:47 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Here in NYC we send our garbage to New Jersey. Unfortunately some of the best Sicilian pie places also moved to NJ. Also some children are stupid enough to want to move to New Jersey even if those areas are considered nice.

only the unloved hate
Re: the electoral college. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #898838
11/17/16 09:31 PM
11/17/16 09:31 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline OP
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline OP
Underboss
far, northwest
about secession, a lot of people miss understand the idea of secession, going back to the articles of federation, each state was separate, ruling themselves. this was the original intent of this nation. separate states. look at it today, some states the land the federal govt, owns is more than the state owns. how can you be a state when the govt owns a large percentage of your land.that led to the standoff in Nevada, a state should own ALL OF THEIR LAND. it all goes back to the civil war, after the war the north did not try jefferson davis on war crimes. because the south was RIGHT IN THEIR LEGAL ARGUMENT.. the 10th amendment does give the states the right to secede, worth remembering the states joined the union voluntarily, and they legally have the right to leave it.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: the electoral college. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #898839
11/17/16 09:42 PM
11/17/16 09:42 PM
Past caring, then hang a left
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss
The Supreme Court decided the constitutionality of secession in Texas v. White. The decision stated that beginning with the Articles of Confederation the agreement between the states to form a union was to "be perpetual." The court also stated that when the states agreed to "form a more perfect Union" there was nothing that more clearly asserted the belief in their indissoluble unity.

This decision was reinforced by conservative darling, Justice Antonin Scalia, who wrote in 2006 wrote that if there was any single right decided by the Civil War it was that there is no right for a state to secede from the union.

Last edited by helenwheels; 11/17/16 09:45 PM.

All God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I never met anyone who didn't have a very smart child. What happens to these children, you wonder, when they reach adulthood?

Re: the electoral college. [Re: helenwheels] #898840
11/17/16 09:51 PM
11/17/16 09:51 PM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: helenwheels
The Supreme Court decided the constitutionality of secession in Texas v. White. The decision stated that beginning with the Articles of Confederation the agreement between the states to form a union was to "be perpetual." The court also stated that when the states agreed to "form a more perfect Union" there was nothing that more clearly asserted the belief in their indissoluble unity.

This decision was reinforced by conservative darling, Justice Antonin Scalia, who wrote in 2006 wrote that if there was any single right decided by the Civil War it was that there is no right for a state to secede from the union.

What a horrible precedent. And an evil ruling. So all 50 states together, forever and ever, no matter what? Why not take over Canada then and make them a "state"? Or is 50 just a magical number?

Re: the electoral college. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #898841
11/17/16 09:55 PM
11/17/16 09:55 PM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss
about secession, a lot of people miss understand the idea of secession, going back to the articles of federation, each state was separate, ruling themselves. this was the original intent of this nation. separate states. look at it today, some states the land the federal govt, owns is more than the state owns. how can you be a state when the govt owns a large percentage of your land.that led to the standoff in Nevada, a state should own ALL OF THEIR LAND. it all goes back to the civil war, after the war the north did not try jefferson davis on war crimes. because the south was RIGHT IN THEIR LEGAL ARGUMENT.. the 10th amendment does give the states the right to secede, worth remembering the states joined the union voluntarily, and they legally have the right to leave it.

Correct. Can you imagine, if the deal was "once you're in, you can never get out." Then none of the state's would've ever joined.

Re: the electoral college. [Re: SoCalGangs] #898844
11/17/16 10:04 PM
11/17/16 10:04 PM
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss

What a horrible precedent. And an evil ruling. So all 50 states together, forever and ever, no matter what? Why not take over Canada then and make them a "state"? Or is 50 just a magical number?

Nothing magic about 50. In fact, there were only 37 states when SCOTUS ruled on Texas v. White.

All God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I never met anyone who didn't have a very smart child. What happens to these children, you wonder, when they reach adulthood?

Re: the electoral college. [Re: helenwheels] #898846
11/17/16 10:35 PM
11/17/16 10:35 PM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss

Nothing magic about 50. In fact, there were only 37 states when SCOTUS ruled on Texas v. White.

So it's good to add more states but it's bad should one or more ever try to leave the union?

Re: the electoral college. [Re: SoCalGangs] #898859
11/18/16 03:01 AM
11/18/16 03:01 AM
Y
yatescj7 Offline
Capo
yatescj7  Offline
Y
Capo

So it's good to add more states but it's bad should one or more ever try to leave the union?
Only if you're a Southern State, in which case you are racist.

Re: the electoral college. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #898912
11/18/16 02:17 PM
11/18/16 02:17 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
The amount of racism in the south does stand out compared to other regions.

Re: the electoral college. [Re: OakAsFan] #898933
11/18/16 06:57 PM
11/18/16 06:57 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline OP
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline OP
Underboss
far, northwest

I don't think it does, oak, racism in the north has always been as bad or worse, when the govt promoted forced busing in the north in the 70s, they met with as much hostility as they did in the south, when the govt shoved civil rights down peoples throats, the north and the south both resisted.

Re: the electoral college. [Re: OakAsFan] #898952
11/19/16 02:48 AM
11/19/16 02:48 AM
Y
yatescj7 Offline
Capo
yatescj7  Offline
Y
Capo

Research how people from Boston reacted to the busing desegregation for starters.

Re: the electoral college. [Re: yatescj7] #899031
11/19/16 10:51 PM
11/19/16 10:51 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline OP
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline OP
Underboss
far, northwest

the people of boston's reaction to busing was as violent as anything that ever happened in the south. and it should have been!! forced busing was a slap in the face to every man woman and child in the united states, it never went to a popular vote! was forced by the government under penalty of law, and was unconstitutional!!!

Re: the electoral college. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #900010
11/29/16 10:49 AM
11/29/16 10:49 AM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

The Great State of Michigan was just certified as a Trump WIN giving all of MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN supporters another victory - 306!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull