The Leopard

First off, I have to admit that I didnt catch every single action. I had to pause the movie atleast 3 times because I had to watch it on PC and it crushed a couple of times :rolleyes: So I need a second viewing to capture the whole plotline...
"The Leopard" has to be one of the most beautifully filmed Movies of all time. The way Visconti moves the camera and captures the wonderful landscapes of Italy is breathtaking and reminds me often of Leone's work. The costume design is just perfect.
Burt Lancaster who plays the aging prince of Salina does a wonderful job, so does Alain Delon who plays his nephew. When Lancaster is on the screen, its hard to watch anything else on the screen because his face catches the viewers interest immediately and leaves the other characters behind...
Claudia Cardinale is just beautiful to watch and I didnt know that Terence Hill is also in it, but he doesnt have alot of screentime.
The 40 min.-long Ballscene at the end is one of the highlights. I read that it took 40 days to shoot it
Personally, I need some more information about the Italian Era at that time to understand the whole movie and have a clear opinion about the plot but after the first viewing I really enjoyed it. Visconti brought us a beautiful epic.

8.5/10 after first viewing. Im sure it will be atleast a 9 after the second...
One word: Beautiful

Quote of the Moment:

"Fredo - you're my older brother, and I love you. But don't ever take sides with anyone against the Family again. Ever."
Michael Corleone

My DVD Collection | My Showroom