The second most remarkable moment of the press conference ( the one state, two state, red state, blue state, Dr. Seuss moment was the winner) came when an Israeli reporter named Moav Vardi asked the president directly about all the people with alleged Nazi leanings in his administration.

“Mr. President, since your election campaign and even after your victory, we’ve seen a sharp rise in anti-Semitic incidents across the United States. And I wonder what you say to those among the Jewish community in the States and in Israel and maybe around the world, who believe and feel that your administration is playing with xenophobia and maybe racist tones.”

(Trump, to his credit, responded to the reporter’s question with actual words. Words with absolutely zero fucking relevance to the question, but words nonetheless)

“Well, I just want to say that we are very honored by the victory that we had — 306 Electoral College votes. We were not supposed to crack 220. You know that, right? There was no way to 221, but then they said there’s no way to 270. And there’s tremendous enthusiasm out there,” Trump said.

Last edited by helenwheels; 02/16/17 01:38 PM.

All God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I never met anyone who didn't have a very smart child. What happens to these children, you wonder, when they reach adulthood?