Sin City - (Robert Rodriguez/Frank Miller;2005;USA) - ***
Three stories taking place in the corrupt Basin City: Marv is an ugly man who turns to revenge after a beautiful prostitute is killed, and he's framed for the murder. Dwight teams up with the hookers of Old Town to get out of a tricky situation involving a dead cop. Hartigan gets out of jail after being framed for the molestation of an 11 year old girl, who is now 19, he finds that he must protect her yet again.
One thing about this, is that it is overrated grossly. I can't count how many people said this was a masterpiece. However this is a very good film that despite being over the top in many scenes, it works much of the time. The narration is great, and the cast is too overall aside Elijah Wood, Josh Hartnett, and Nick Stahl. Wood's character isn't as cool as he is a pathetic creep, which baffles me as to why people think the character is the cool one of the film. However the rest of the cast keeps the film up, along with the visuals. A big surprise to me, as I thought this would be a lump of shit altogether.

A Streetcar Named Desire - (Elia Kazan;1951;USA) - ****
A woman with a troubled past who's low on cash visits her sister, and is immediately frowned upon by her brother-in-law.
Kazan's second best from what I've seen, behind On the Waterfront. The story is a powerful one that gets better with every moment. Brando's performance and presence steals the show, and Vivien Leigh is great (or does she fit the role?) as the neurotic, troubled woman. A classic play made into a classic film.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006