Originally Posted by Irishman12
If that's the case, what about my pursuit of happiness if I'm too afraid somebody might mug/rob/assault me on a train to New York City to visit for the day?

You're not pursuing happiness if you're pursuing an activity in which you anticipate being mugged.

The student loans are federal. They cannot be forgiven, even in cases of bankruptcy. The only way they're off the books is if they're paid in full, or I die before then. Sounds like slavery to me.

It sounds like debt.

Slavery to the system. Taxes as well.

Never heard of any form of slavery that actually provides the slave with services without forced labor as a trade off. You must feel really oppressed when the fire department saves your house, or when you use a freeway.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea