Originally Posted by WayBackWhen

Originally Posted by mchang93
There were a few lesser known stories from the Riccobenne conflict. One involed some Riccobenne guys having the jump on Skinny when he was real young and Faffy comes in with a gun and gets Skinny out unscathed. Now they are saying Faffy is in a top spot. Say what u want about Skinny but he doesn't forget those who helped him or those who did him wrong either.

Interesting. Thanks for the reply. I had never heard that story about Merlino before. It's stories like that that I actually really enjoy to be honest. Just kind of smaller
forgotten stories that seem to be collecting dust but really make the history of South Philly feel all the more immersive. Faffy seems like another really interesting
character. Phil Leonetti said in his book that he was in Vietnam. That's probably one reason way Faffy seemed a cut above the rest in terms of his ability to kill and
act as an enforcer for the family.

I was really surprised when I read this chapter about Tore Scafidi in Bobby Simone's book as I had never heard anything about it beforehand. My opinion on the matter is that Tore Scafidi probably did it. The reason I came to that conclusion is from what I read about Tore in Caramandi's book "Blood and Honor". Caramandi recounted a story where Scafidi got into a bar brawl with some middle aged neighborhood tough guy and actually stabbed him with a near fatal wound. Seems to me that he must have been pretty prone to acts of extreme violence.

So did Riccobene have a lot of influence and people backing him up in the war? Did common South Philly folks tend to support Scarfo or Riccobene more than the other?

Yea idk if that was same incident happened in Lidos with Tore and Skinny or not but they were in an incident together where someone was stabbed